The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

If true, Dwight Howard is smiling ear to ear about the sign and trade news.

Welcome to Houston Dwight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i pray we get this resolved by the weekend. OMG

Question? How would they choose Olympic team, if season is cancelled?
Technically the players can still compete for Team USA, as it is a separate entity from the NBA. But the NBA is so tied into the program, with players, coaches and Colangelo running the show, they'd sit out (like in 1998). So it comes down to American players who aren't signed to NBA contracts.

Translation: Adam Morrison is your starting small forward.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i pray we get this resolved by the weekend. OMG

Question? How would they choose Olympic team, if season is cancelled?
Technically the players can still compete for Team USA, as it is a separate entity from the NBA. But the NBA is so tied into the program, with players, coaches and Colangelo running the show, they'd sit out (like in 1998). So it comes down to American players who aren't signed to NBA contracts.

Translation: Adam Morrison is your starting small forward.

laugh.gif
at this guy saying Yao hosed us.

This lockout needs to end soon, I think I've reached the end of my rope with CP.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

You big market fans disgust me.

These owners are so dumb they can't get outta their own way. They don't care about competing they just want to turn profits. Jerry Bus shouldn't have to share his revenue with whoever buys the Hornets. I mean all they've done is spend to try & appease CP3 but he's probably gonna leave anyway, why put extra dollars in their pockets. Hell Cleveland & Orlando traveled well over luxury tax to keep LeBron & Dwight respectively but all they want to do is stuff their pockets. That's what $tern promised them when they bought their teams. I say to hell with these greedy owners.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Alex Kennedy: Earlier today, Suns player rep Jared Dudley tweeted that he's "hearing whispers about a deal being close." Other players have said the same. about 36 minutes ago

David Aldridge: In attendance today that weren't here Wednesday: Roger Mason (union) and Mark Cuban (Mavs). about 10 minutes ago

Ken Berger: Team execs I've spoken with optimistic for deal by Monday, but cautious. One says gut tells him "this will blow up one more time." 3 minutes ago

Marc Stein: Example of "system" issue where NBA owners/players now agree? Sign-and-trades. WILL be allowed in new deal after fears they'd be outlawed 4 minutes ago

[Marc Stein] Marc Stein: BUT ... one sign-and-trade wrinkle sides still negotiating is whether teams over luxury tax will be allowed to partake in S-and-T deals 3 minutes ago

With all this going on, I'm going to be really pissed if this whole thing falls apart again in the next few days. 

Of course everyone wants to think Dwight is coming to their team, but unless it's Dwight + CP3, D-Will, or Rondo it just wouldn't be right.

Of course everyone wants to think Dwight is coming to their team, but unless it's Dwight + CP3, D-Will, or Rondo it just wouldn't be right.

Teams Begin Canceling Scouting Trips In Preparation For Free Agency
Oct 27, 2011 7:06 PM EDT

While the players and owners have yet to reach agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement, optimism has emerged this week.

As a result, team executives have canceled scouting trips in preparation for free agency.

Agents have also been quietly reaching out to teams on their free agent clients.

Teams have been preparing for free agency for months, but there appears to be a new sense of urgency.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....ree_Agency#ixzz1c2LdbPe3

Teams Begin Canceling Scouting Trips In Preparation For Free Agency
Oct 27, 2011 7:06 PM EDT

While the players and owners have yet to reach agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement, optimism has emerged this week.

As a result, team executives have canceled scouting trips in preparation for free agency.

Agents have also been quietly reaching out to teams on their free agent clients.

Teams have been preparing for free agency for months, but there appears to be a new sense of urgency.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....ree_Agency#ixzz1c2LdbPe3

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If Nash wants his first ring why would he help some young kid, when he can get his first with Dirk?
pimp.gif

I definitely see him going to the Mavs before he ever goes to the Heat
and this is coming from a Heat fan

how many years left on his contract?

Back
Top Bottom