The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

2da35e71e4d4dc29214191898015028665ac56b.png

And people wonder why I hate Lebron.
laugh.gif

Dwade and Bosh aren't enough help? U need Nash too?
indifferent.gif

That would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Doo, Statis, other small market cry babies, I DEMAND answers.  And I want them right the @#$% now. 

2009-2010 NBA Salaries

Cleveland 116 mil
Blazers 84 mil
Memphis 83 mil
Magic 82 mil
Suns 79 mil
TWolves 77 mil
Spurs 77 mil
Lakers 77 mil
Bucks 76 mil

ARE YOU @#$%^&* KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????  I had to listen to all your @#$%&^%$ and THESE are the numbers from ONE year ago??????

So because the Lakers payroll went up from extending THEIR OWN PLAYERS, they are a problem?  Is this a joke? 
indifferent.gif

Somebody, PLEASE double check my numbers and tell me I am missing something.  Tell me I screwed this all up.  Cuz I pulled this from USA Today, so help me God if this is accurate, and you guys were in here runnin off at the God damn mouth over @#$% that isn't even @#$%^&* true. 

Don't pull thru here and act like you don't see this @#$% neither, you reply right the hell now.  I want answers NOW. 

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/basketball/nba/salaries/team
roll.gif
Those numbers are terribly wrong. The Lakers' salaries in '09-'10 were over $91 million. They say Bynum made $2,769,300, when he actually made $12,526,998.

They have Wally Szczerbiak, whose contract expired after the '08-'09 season, on the Cavs' payroll for $13,275,000. The Cavs' actual team salaries in '09-'10 were ~$83 million.

Many other errors, but I think you get the point.

Doo, Statis, other small market cry babies, I DEMAND answers.  And I want them right the @#$% now. 

2009-2010 NBA Salaries

Cleveland 116 mil
Blazers 84 mil
Memphis 83 mil
Magic 82 mil
Suns 79 mil
TWolves 77 mil
Spurs 77 mil
Lakers 77 mil
Bucks 76 mil

ARE YOU @#$%^&* KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????  I had to listen to all your @#$%&^%$ and THESE are the numbers from ONE year ago??????

So because the Lakers payroll went up from extending THEIR OWN PLAYERS, they are a problem?  Is this a joke? 
indifferent.gif

Somebody, PLEASE double check my numbers and tell me I am missing something.  Tell me I screwed this all up.  Cuz I pulled this from USA Today, so help me God if this is accurate, and you guys were in here runnin off at the God damn mouth over @#$% that isn't even @#$%^&* true. 

Don't pull thru here and act like you don't see this @#$% neither, you reply right the hell now.  I want answers NOW. 

roll.gif
Those numbers are terribly wrong. The Lakers' salaries in '09-'10 were over $91 million. They say Bynum made $2,769,300, when he actually made $12,526,998.

They have Wally Szczerbiak, whose contract expired after the '08-'09 season, on the Cavs' payroll for $13,275,000. The Cavs' actual team salaries in '09-'10 were ~$83 million.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

2009-2010 NBA Salaries

Cleveland 116 mil
Blazers 84 mil
Memphis 83 mil
Magic 82 mil
Suns 79 mil
TWolves 77 mil
Spurs 77 mil
Lakers 77 mil
Bucks 76 mil

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

Alright, thank you for double checking.  Bynum signed his extension that year, so we jumped up.  This must have been a preseason list then?  Hence Wally not coming off their list.  I thought 116 was high, but I was assuming they were adding luxury numbers or something.  That dollar for dollar stuff. 

Is there an error for every team then to make all those team numbers skewed? 

2009-2010 NBA Salaries

Cleveland 116 mil
Blazers 84 mil
Memphis 83 mil
Magic 82 mil
Suns 79 mil
TWolves 77 mil
Spurs 77 mil
Lakers 77 mil
Bucks 76 mil

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

Alright, thank you for double checking.  Bynum signed his extension that year, so we jumped up.  This must have been a preseason list then?  Hence Wally not coming off their list.  I thought 116 was high, but I was assuming they were adding luxury numbers or something.  That dollar for dollar stuff. 

I don't think it's pre-season rosters, as they have Tracy McGrady on the Knicks--just poor work by USA today. I mean, look at Houston. They paid Yao Ming over $16 millon, and paid Ming Yao over $15 million. Artest and Ariza were teammates apparently, too. I'd think it's safe to assume that there's errors on every team.

jq73u9.jpg

I don't think it's pre-season rosters, as they have Tracy McGrady on the Knicks--just poor work by USA today. I mean, look at Houston. They paid Yao Ming over $16 millon, and paid Ming Yao over $15 million. Artest and Ariza were teammates apparently, too. I'd think it's safe to assume that there's errors on every team.

jq73u9.jpg

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Damn this dude Lebron need all the help he can get...oh wait he didn't have a true PG last year.

Since when do you need a true PG to win a championship??? Look at the Lakers and their championship years.

PGs on those championship teams:
2000:DFish
2001:DFish
2002:DFish
2009:DFish
20010:DFish

And don't even DARE to tell me Derek Fisher is a true PG.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Damn this dude Lebron need all the help he can get...oh wait he didn't have a true PG last year.

Since when do you need a true PG to win a championship??? Look at the Lakers and their championship years.

PGs on those championship teams:
2000:DFish
2001:DFish
2002:DFish
2009:DFish
20010:DFish

And don't even DARE to tell me Derek Fisher is a true PG.
indifferent.gif

Ok, but Basketball reference has the same salary numbers as well.  77 mil for the 2009 team.  So unless they pull from USA Today, those numbers have to be coming from somewhere. 

Ok, but Basketball reference has the same salary numbers as well.  77 mil for the 2009 team.  So unless they pull from USA Today, those numbers have to be coming from somewhere. 

You posted '09-'10 salaries. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html--add those up and see if you get $77 million.

laugh.gif
  Ok, I got my years confused, the 09 title team is 77 million, then we extended Bynum, our own player, to get to 90 mil the next year.  

Any way you slice it, our payroll was no where near destructive to the rest of those teams that were right next to us.  That makes all their crying and whining null and void.  Or should at least.  But they'll probably still keep crying about it and find another way to go about it. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You posted '09-'10 salaries. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html--add those up and see if you get $77 million.

laugh.gif
  Ok, I got my years confused, the 09 title team is 77 million, then we extended Bynum, our own player, to get to 90 mil the next year.  

Any way you slice it, our payroll was no where near destructive to the rest of those teams that were right next to us.  That makes all their crying and whining null and void.  Or should at least.  But they'll probably still keep crying about it and find another way to go about it. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Cleveland lost their best player.
Portland's best player's knees fell off and now he's stealing money.
Orlando is about to lose their best player.
Memphis has already paid and most likely can't afford one of their best players.
Suns are dumb
TWolves are dumb.
Lakers and Spurs are cool.
Michael Redd has been stealing money for about what 3 years now?

Yea I think that the system is fundamentally flawed. Some teams spent big and still are about to lose their guys. Other paid and because of the salary cap they were unable to rid themselves of those contracts becaus they were guaranteed, like Houston.

So what you're gonna tell me we shouldn't have paid Yao Ming? He was the best center in the league, and were a big market.
You're gonna say Milwaukee shouldn't have paid Michael Redd? Doesn't work that way.

Memphis has already paid and most likely can't afford one of their best players.
Suns are dumb
TWolves are dumb.

Yea I think that the system is fundamentally flawed. Some teams spent big and still are about to lose their guys. Other paid and because of the salary cap they were unable to rid themselves of those contracts becaus they were guaranteed, like Houston.

So what you're gonna tell me we shouldn't have paid Yao Ming? He was the best center in the league, and were a big market.
You're gonna say Milwaukee shouldn't have paid Michael Redd? Doesn't work that way.

this fool really tried to use that sorry +@* link that is all @%*@@# up to prove a point
roll.gif

CP your wayyyy better then that.

this fool really tried to use that sorry +@* link that is all @%*@@# up to prove a point
roll.gif

CP your wayyyy better then that.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Suns are dumb
TWolves are dumb.

So because of injuries, and dumb teams, the system is fundamentally flawed.  You just said this. 
eyes.gif
  Redd, Yao, and Roy all hosed their teams.  The Suns and Cavs watched their best players leave (although not the same situation, the Suns did give out 100 million, just to 3 bums, and then a 37 year old) Bron was a FREE AGENT. 

LA and the Spurs both sign their OWN players to extensions, and people say the system is flawed?  
ohwell.gif

Mike, like I said, I got that from Bball Reference too, not sure how 2 different sites would have wrong info. 

Originally Posted by Statis22

Suns are dumb
TWolves are dumb.

So because of injuries, and dumb teams, the system is fundamentally flawed.  You just said this. 
eyes.gif
  Redd, Yao, and Roy all hosed their teams.  The Suns and Cavs watched their best players leave (although not the same situation, the Suns did give out 100 million, just to 3 bums, and then a 37 year old) Bron was a FREE AGENT. 

LA and the Spurs both sign their OWN players to extensions, and people say the system is flawed?  
ohwell.gif

Mike, like I said, I got that from Bball Reference too, not sure how 2 different sites would have wrong info. 

Did you check all the numbers from Basketball-Reference?

'08-'09 Cavs - $91,298,233(http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html)
'09-'10 Cavs - $83,398,854 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html)

Not yet, I just checked the first ones you told me about. 

Either way, that still proves my point, the money is just off.  Small market Cleveland 91 mil, Big market LA was 77 mil. 

The next year we extend Bynum, Gasol, Lamar and Kobe and we're at 91-92 mil for the next couple years.  Clev was at 83 in their last season.  ZERO disadvantage like the small market backers are claiming. 

I was looking back into the 01-02 seasons, those were similar, I just didn't have time to track down each team and the mistakes.  Like I did see a Houston year that had Yao Ming 15 mil, and Ming Yao 15 mil.  I have yet to figure out what the hell that means. 
laugh.gif

I found another site that said the Lakers were paying Ron Harper and Karl Malone in 2009..........
roll.gif
Needless to say, double checking salaries is a challenge. 
laugh.gif

Did you check all the numbers from Basketball-Reference?

'08-'09 Cavs - $91,298,233(http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html)
'09-'10 Cavs - $83,398,854 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html)

Not yet, I just checked the first ones you told me about. 

Either way, that still proves my point, the money is just off.  Small market Cleveland 91 mil, Big market LA was 77 mil. 

The next year we extend Bynum, Gasol, Lamar and Kobe and we're at 91-92 mil for the next couple years.  Clev was at 83 in their last season.  ZERO disadvantage like the small market backers are claiming. 

I was looking back into the 01-02 seasons, those were similar, I just didn't have time to track down each team and the mistakes.  Like I did see a Houston year that had Yao Ming 15 mil, and Ming Yao 15 mil.  I have yet to figure out what the hell that means. 
laugh.gif

I found another site that said the Lakers were paying Ron Harper and Karl Malone in 2009..........
roll.gif
Needless to say, double checking salaries is a challenge. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom