The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Source with direct knowledge of NBA talks: Union wants 52 pct of BRI, owners willing to give 50. Expect them to meet at 51. "Soon."

Originally Posted by Al3xis

2%, really? Really?
And haven't the players already lost that difference by losing the first two weeks of games? As Bill Simmons says: I hate everybody.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

2%, really? Really?
And haven't the players already lost that difference by losing the first two weeks of games? As Bill Simmons says: I hate everybody.

I mean, is it really that hard to meet at 51? 
laugh.gif
  Good Lord. 

This isn't deal-breaking at all...wayyyyyy too close and wayyyyyyyy too much to lose for not meeting in the middle on this one.

This isn't deal-breaking at all...wayyyyyy too close and wayyyyyyyy too much to lose for not meeting in the middle on this one.

So, players and owners are willing to forfeit the money they'd lose in games by disagreeing between 2% BRI?

They'll lose out on the difference in BRI by more canceled games...

Unless they actually still pull out an 82-game season that is.

So, players and owners are willing to forfeit the money they'd lose in games by disagreeing between 2% BRI?

They'll lose out on the difference in BRI by more canceled games...

Unless they actually still pull out an 82-game season that is.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  Good Lord. 
This is so mind-blowing. Just go 51-49 and call it a day. At this point the players are just holding out on principle. They have nothing to gain by sticking to this 52% figure.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  Good Lord. 
This is so mind-blowing. Just go 51-49 and call it a day. At this point the players are just holding out on principle. They have nothing to gain by sticking to this 52% figure.

for as much as the players have already given up it would be nice to see owners go to 49.

Hell i could care less honestly
laugh.gif
i just want hoops back

for as much as the players have already given up it would be nice to see owners go to 49.

Hell i could care less honestly
laugh.gif
i just want hoops back

Source says that two sides also "couldn't agree on final pieces of system." No new sessions scheduled. Kaboom.

That isn't saying TOO much, when we've heard all the time "there are no sessions scheduled," but they keep on happening.

Too much momentum to let this die. Get it done.

Source says that two sides also "couldn't agree on final pieces of system." No new sessions scheduled. Kaboom.

That isn't saying TOO much, when we've heard all the time "there are no sessions scheduled," but they keep on happening.

Too much momentum to let this die. Get it done.

Amount of money they are arguing over for a five year cba: approximately $433 million

Amount of money lost with 4 weeks cancelled: $325 million

Amount of money they are arguing over for a five year cba: approximately $433 million

Amount of money lost with 4 weeks cancelled: $325 million

They'll get it done guys, realx. 

They are this close, no reason for them to fall apart now.  Remember, last week they were furious, calling each other liars, no more meetings, etc etc, and half a week later they were close. 

They seperated tonight, let everyone cool off, think on it, and not have any sort of blood rising issues like last week. 

Someone will step up, call a meeting for tomorrow, sit down, work it out and get it done, league will start on Monday I am guessing. 

I fail to believe that at this stage of the game they would just completely melt down. 

They'll get it done guys, realx. 

They are this close, no reason for them to fall apart now.  Remember, last week they were furious, calling each other liars, no more meetings, etc etc, and half a week later they were close. 

They seperated tonight, let everyone cool off, think on it, and not have any sort of blood rising issues like last week. 

Someone will step up, call a meeting for tomorrow, sit down, work it out and get it done, league will start on Monday I am guessing. 

I fail to believe that at this stage of the game they would just completely melt down. 

Back
Top Bottom