The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

As everyone is saying, They are cancelling TIME. Not games yet. (Even though those games are "gone" currently)

The Groups still want a whole season and are asking arenas to keep April dates open. Most reporters assumed that the month of November was "Shot".

It should be interesting but the cancellation of games means nothing to me as of yet since this schedule now means nothing. I think we will see a completely new schedule once they decide on something if they save this season. I think this is the goal at the current moment. If they go to Jan. then we will see short to no season.

This BRI, man.
30t6p3b.gif

*Still trying to stay optimistic. 
ohwell.gif

NBA has absolutely no honor. How likely would it be that the fans would boycott games, as a way of saying "don't forget whose money you're bickering over". This is bad business any way you put it.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by amel223

I believe the players already proposed something like that.  Not good enough for owners, it seems.
Unbelievable.
30t6p3b.gif
It's all good.  I believe the owners got a secret 82 game schedule planned.

Owners will get what they want.  Eventually.

Fans get their 82 games.

All will be well.

According to Fisher, the owners threw something else in along the lines of: teams in the luxury tax can't use the MLE.

That's yet another thing that the two sides can't agree on.
30t6p3b.gif

Link

Agreed sooper.

But as some said, try to get STH to agree who do stay with the team. I am already at the point come January to ask for my Money back and not even save it for Brooklyn. I think some would boycott but those STH that already paid (since the NBA Teams mostly asked for payment already) may not do so.

Agreed sooper.

But as some said, try to get STH to agree who do stay with the team. I am already at the point come January to ask for my Money back and not even save it for Brooklyn. I think some would boycott but those STH that already paid (since the NBA Teams mostly asked for payment already) may not do so.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

NBA has absolutely no honor. How likely would it be that the fans would boycott games, as a way of saying "don't forget whose money you're bickering over". This is bad business any way you put it.
People don't care enough to boycott. Also, unlike a strike (MLB in 1994), there's sympathy for the players and people just want to see them in action. In the end, people will still go to games, regardless of circumstances.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

People don't care enough to boycott. Also, unlike a strike (MLB in 1994), there's sympathy for the players and people just want to see them in action. In the end, people will still go to games, regardless of circumstances.

back to doom and gloom. Can't wait to be optimistic again when the next glimmer of hope arrives.

back to doom and gloom. Can't wait to be optimistic again when the next glimmer of hope arrives.

More flexible amnesty clause on way?

We’ve known since the spring that a new amnesty clause was coming in the NBA.

But the 2011 version is going to be different.

Very different, in fact, from its 2005 predecessor.

In ‘05, teams received only luxury-tax relief on amnesty players. In 2011, according to sources close to the negotiations, 75 percent of a player’s contract value will not count against the salary cap when shed via amnesty.

And there could be more wrinkles.

Sources say that there’s a determined push led by San Antonio Spurs owner Peter Holt to allow teams to have at least two years to decide whether or not to amnesty one player, with multiple sources telling ESPN.com this week that they believe the concept -- with restrictions that are still being haggled over -- has indeed won sufficient support to be included in the new labor deal.

Six years ago, teams had only two weeks to decide whether to use the amnesty clause or lose it forever. Now? There is a growing likelihood that teams will be able to “save

More flexible amnesty clause on way?

We’ve known since the spring that a new amnesty clause was coming in the NBA.

But the 2011 version is going to be different.

Very different, in fact, from its 2005 predecessor.

In ‘05, teams received only luxury-tax relief on amnesty players. In 2011, according to sources close to the negotiations, 75 percent of a player’s contract value will not count against the salary cap when shed via amnesty.

And there could be more wrinkles.

Sources say that there’s a determined push led by San Antonio Spurs owner Peter Holt to allow teams to have at least two years to decide whether or not to amnesty one player, with multiple sources telling ESPN.com this week that they believe the concept -- with restrictions that are still being haggled over -- has indeed won sufficient support to be included in the new labor deal.

Six years ago, teams had only two weeks to decide whether to use the amnesty clause or lose it forever. Now? There is a growing likelihood that teams will be able to “save

Back
Top Bottom