The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by ill steelo

How so? Everything I'm reading from reporters says that players will accept the deal if it includes increased cap flexibility for tax paying teams. The first time I've heard of the players being close to accepting any offer from the owners.

I could've sworn that that was a system tweak.

Frankly, who really knows at this point.
I'm ready to call BS on all of it. Now starting to think 99.5% of everything that's been put out there the whole time has been smoke and mirrors, dealing through the media.

laugh.gif
you might be right. Like you said, we'll see

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by ill steelo

How so? Everything I'm reading from reporters says that players will accept the deal if it includes increased cap flexibility for tax paying teams. The first time I've heard of the players being close to accepting any offer from the owners.

I could've sworn that that was a system tweak.

Frankly, who really knows at this point.
I'm ready to call BS on all of it. Now starting to think 99.5% of everything that's been put out there the whole time has been smoke and mirrors, dealing through the media.

laugh.gif
you might be right. Like you said, we'll see

The NBA and NBPA will meet in a small group at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, a source has confirmed.

The NBA is also setting up a large area of the hotel for an evening press conference.

David Stern's ultimatum attached offer to the players will expire at the end of Wednesday. The players are attempting to get a few last minute concessions on system issues from the owners.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reports the NBA is attempting to fly in a few additional owners for Wednesday's meeting.
Via Alan Hahn/Newsday (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1dDviYbxN

The NBA and NBPA will meet in a small group at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, a source has confirmed.

The NBA is also setting up a large area of the hotel for an evening press conference.

David Stern's ultimatum attached offer to the players will expire at the end of Wednesday. The players are attempting to get a few last minute concessions on system issues from the owners.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reports the NBA is attempting to fly in a few additional owners for Wednesday's meeting.
Via Alan Hahn/Newsday (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1dDviYbxN

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

One of the worst owners in sports? You serious?

He  LEBRON took this:

527386892_342c6cea27.jpg

and turned it into this:

quicken-loans-arena.jpg
Fixed.
Done and done. He's a great owner because what? He took LeBron #1? I could have done that.
laugh.gif

Great owner? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

WOW 
eek.gif

@ the attendance!

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

One of the worst owners in sports? You serious?

He  LEBRON took this:

527386892_342c6cea27.jpg

and turned it into this:

quicken-loans-arena.jpg
Fixed.
Done and done. He's a great owner because what? He took LeBron #1? I could have done that.
laugh.gif

WOW 
eek.gif

@ the attendance!

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Fixed.
laugh.gif

WOW 
eek.gif

@ the attendance!
Great job Dan Gilbert. This lockout is so dumb, obviously its the OWNERS putting butts in the seats.

Fixed.
laugh.gif

WOW 
eek.gif

@ the attendance!
Great job Dan Gilbert. This lockout is so dumb, obviously its the OWNERS putting butts in the seats.

The league's offer last weekend calls for players to receive between 49 percent and 51 percent of annual BRI. Union officials argue that it would be nearly impossible for the league to generate sufficient revenue in any given season to earn the players more than 50.2 percent, but Hunter and Fisher now have the go-ahead for the first time all summer to go that low on BRI if the owners will agree to relax some of the various limits they want to impose on teams that stray into luxury-tax territory.

The tax penalties and other rules for tax-paying teams, one source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, are where the two sides remain at complete odds.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been one of the faces of the so-called "hardline" owners during the protracted talks. He's long been one of the certified "hawks" -- the aggressive and hungry faction that was known to be seeking radical change.

However, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN.com that Gilbert has adjusted his position in recent days and moved into a more moderate mode, voting with fellow owners who are willing to accept a 50/50 share of BRI.

The league's offer last weekend calls for players to receive between 49 percent and 51 percent of annual BRI. Union officials argue that it would be nearly impossible for the league to generate sufficient revenue in any given season to earn the players more than 50.2 percent, but Hunter and Fisher now have the go-ahead for the first time all summer to go that low on BRI if the owners will agree to relax some of the various limits they want to impose on teams that stray into luxury-tax territory.

The tax penalties and other rules for tax-paying teams, one source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, are where the two sides remain at complete odds.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been one of the faces of the so-called "hardline" owners during the protracted talks. He's long been one of the certified "hawks" -- the aggressive and hungry faction that was known to be seeking radical change.

However, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN.com that Gilbert has adjusted his position in recent days and moved into a more moderate mode, voting with fellow owners who are willing to accept a 50/50 share of BRI.

The meeting has started. Lord knows I need my NBA season
laugh.gif

sadly i have to agree.. thought football would be able to get me through the majority of this crap 
frown.gif

The meeting has started. Lord knows I need my NBA season
laugh.gif

sadly i have to agree.. thought football would be able to get me through the majority of this crap 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom