The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

5 o'clock central standard time.

nerd.gif

Nothing important happens on central standard time.
A spokesman for the league came out at 5pm EST and said they're still negotiating. The league's "deadline" is null so long as they're still working.

David Aldridge 

League, union ordering in dinner. Make of it what you will. #smallmoves
[/url]

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#smallmoves
Just now.
Originally Posted by doyung9

I'm sorry, I've always been a huge sports fan, I don't think guys are over/under paid because I believe the owners make those decisions, it's their mistake if they over pay a guy. But at the end of the day, you can't tell someone how to spend their money.
I'm fine with "can't tell someone how to spend their money", but then an owner better not dare ask the tax payers to finance their arenas. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

nerd.gif

A spokesman for the league came out at 5pm EST and said they're still negotiating. The league's "deadline" is null so long as they're still working.

http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt
http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetntdaldridgetnt David Aldridge 

I'm sorry, I've always been a huge sports fan, I don't think guys are over/under paid because I believe the owners make those decisions, it's their mistake if they over pay a guy. But at the end of the day, you can't tell someone how to spend their money.

I'm fine with "can't tell someone how to spend their money", but then an owner better not dare ask the tax payers to finance their arenas. 

QFT.

My gut is saying a deal gets done. As stupid as both sides have been so far the prevailing damage that an entire lost season will bring will finally get them to compromise.

nerd.gif

http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetntdaldridgetnt David Aldridge 

QFT.

My gut is saying a deal gets done. As stupid as both sides have been so far the prevailing damage that an entire lost season will bring will finally get them to compromise.

nerd.gif

okay-face.jpg

But really tho this feels like Bron's decision all over again. The anticipation is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

nerd.gif

okay-face.jpg

But really tho this feels like Bron's decision all over again. The anticipation is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

These nba players "completed" less than 2 years of college and now all of a sudden they think they have business degrees.

YEAH. Those hoodrats should be grateful for anything the owners offer. I mean all they do is put a ball through a hoop. Meanwhile the owners are out healing the sick and helping the poor.

These nba players "completed" less than 2 years of college and now all of a sudden they think they have business degrees.

YEAH. Those hoodrats should be grateful for anything the owners offer. I mean all they do is put a ball through a hoop. Meanwhile the owners are out healing the sick and helping the poor.

okay-face.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
I agree, though.

I don't even have a problem with that. Because fact of the matter is more than just New Orleans Hornets games go on in the New Orleans Arena. I think it's the same thing for Madison Square Garden, Quicken Loans Arena, and the like.

I'd like to see arenas get smaller though. No new arenas bigger than about 15,000 capacity.

And another fact is team's will move or threaten to move unless they get tax-payer support in order to build a new arena. 

okay-face.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
I agree, though.

I don't even have a problem with that. Because fact of the matter is more than just New Orleans Hornets games go on in the New Orleans Arena. I think it's the same thing for Madison Square Garden, Quicken Loans Arena, and the like.

I'd like to see arenas get smaller though. No new arenas bigger than about 15,000 capacity.

And another fact is team's will move or threaten to move unless they get tax-payer support in order to build a new arena. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

Way to play extremes there, buddy. All I'm saying is that they should stay in their lane. If the players could get all the money they would. Oh that's right, they don't know how. There's much more behind the scenes work to professional basketball. The players bring the glamour, but the owners get the boring/important businesswork (dirty work) squared away. All in all I feel like the players are biting the hand that feeds them. Its one thing to stand up for yourself, but they're being foolish imo.

Way to play extremes there, buddy. All I'm saying is that they should stay in their lane. If the players could get all the money they would. Oh that's right, they don't know how. There's much more behind the scenes work to professional basketball. The players bring the glamour, but the owners get the boring/important businesswork (dirty work) squared away. All in all I feel like the players are biting the hand that feeds them. Its one thing to stand up for yourself, but they're being foolish imo.

So u would propose that they take the first deal the owners offer and run?

The players need to at the very least drag things out so those owners don't think that they can easily %*#% them every 7 years. You gotta stretch it out to make the owners deal with this over and over

If the players give in, in the first two weeks, this will happen overrrrr and overrrrr

The players need to at the very least drag things out so those owners don't think that they can easily %*#% them every 7 years. You gotta stretch it out to make the owners deal with this over and over

If the players give in, in the first two weeks, this will happen overrrrr and overrrrr

Man, this is far worse than The Decision. This is about losing an entire season. LeBron's decision was huge, but this is more than one player, this is an entire sport.

You do realize how many concessions they've made, right? The owners are trying to completely embarrass  the players in these negotiations.
Lets not pretend that the players are just collecting a check. These owners can't do it without them. You make it sound like the players are just along for the ride, and the owners are the ones doing all the work.

If anything, I'd say the players are the more important part of this equation.

You do realize how many concessions they've made, right? The owners are trying to completely embarrass  the players in these negotiations.
Lets not pretend that the players are just collecting a check. These owners can't do it without them. You make it sound like the players are just along for the ride, and the owners are the ones doing all the work.

If anything, I'd say the players are the more important part of this equation.

Back
Top Bottom