The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

The league's offer last weekend calls for players to receive between 49 percent and 51 percent of annual BRI. Union officials argue that it would be nearly impossible for the league to generate sufficient revenue in any given season to earn the players more than 50.2 percent, but Hunter and Fisher now have the go-ahead for the first time all summer to go that low on BRI if the owners will agree to relax some of the various limits they want to impose on teams that stray into luxury-tax territory.

The tax penalties and other rules for tax-paying teams, one source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, are where the two sides remain at complete odds.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been one of the faces of the so-called "hardline" owners during the protracted talks. He's long been one of the certified "hawks" -- the aggressive and hungry faction that was known to be seeking radical change.

However, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN.com that Gilbert has adjusted his position in recent days and moved into a more moderate mode, voting with fellow owners who are willing to accept a 50/50 share of BRI.

ns away. Rumbles of optimism offset by equal doses of caution from sources saying Stern can only offer B-list twe

ns away. Rumbles of optimism offset by equal doses of caution from sources saying Stern can only offer B-list twe

According to NBA PR ppl it is 5 PM
laugh.gif

Brian Mahoney: The 2 NBA PR guys come in to tell us it's 5 p.m. Sometimes, you can actually get good info from them. about 12 minutes ago

These nba players "completed" less than 2 years of college and now all of a sudden they think they have business degrees.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

These nba players "completed" less than 2 years of college and now all of a sudden they think they have business degrees.
They're negotiating on advisement from agents. Problem is the agents are acting in their own best interests, protecting themselves further down the line.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

They're negotiating on advisement from agents. Problem is the agents are acting in their own best interests, protecting themselves further down the line.

^ also with lawyers. they say the names of the players to give a face to the whole thing, but its really suits negotiating this.

^ also with lawyers. they say the names of the players to give a face to the whole thing, but its really suits negotiating this.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

5 o'clock central standard time.

nerd.gif

Nothing important happens on central standard time.
A spokesman for the league came out at 5pm EST and said they're still negotiating. The league's "deadline" is null so long as they're still working.

David Aldridge 

League, union ordering in dinner. Make of it what you will. #smallmoves
[/url]

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#smallmoves
Just now.
Originally Posted by doyung9

I'm sorry, I've always been a huge sports fan, I don't think guys are over/under paid because I believe the owners make those decisions, it's their mistake if they over pay a guy. But at the end of the day, you can't tell someone how to spend their money.
I'm fine with "can't tell someone how to spend their money", but then an owner better not dare ask the tax payers to finance their arenas. 

Back
Top Bottom