The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

pissedoff.jpg

The owners just need to give the players the system issues they want.

Money > Competitive balance for the owners. The BRI gives you the money you're "losing" each season, the system issues give the players something to be happy about.

The owners just need to give the players the system issues they want.

Money > Competitive balance for the owners. The BRI gives you the money you're "losing" each season, the system issues give the players something to be happy about.

there's many issues that still need to be resolved

David Stern: "we aren't failing and we aren't succeeding in getting this deal done"

there's many issues that still need to be resolved

David Stern: "we aren't failing and we aren't succeeding in getting this deal done"

Stern is just terrible at answering questions. He literally talked for 10 minutes but said nothing.
Derek Fishers press conference 
laugh.gif

Both Fisher and Stern got stumped by a question and asked their wing man for help 
laugh.gif
 The NBA is a mess.

Stern is just terrible at answering questions. He literally talked for 10 minutes but said nothing.
Derek Fishers press conference 
laugh.gif

Both Fisher and Stern got stumped by a question and asked their wing man for help 
laugh.gif
 The NBA is a mess.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Fisher: Not as much as we'd like ( re: NBA being receptive to union's willingness to make economic move).

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Fisher: Obviously, we'd have a deal done if the right flexibility was being shown.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Hunter: I think there was enough give and take on both sides to warrant us coming back tomorrow.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Fisher: Not as much as we'd like ( re: NBA being receptive to union's willingness to make economic move).

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Fisher: Obviously, we'd have a deal done if the right flexibility was being shown.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Hunter: I think there was enough give and take on both sides to warrant us coming back tomorrow.

smh i was hoping something got done tonight, i guess its good news they are meeting again tomorrow though

neither side seemed very positive though

smh i was hoping something got done tonight, i guess its good news they are meeting again tomorrow though

neither side seemed very positive though

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

owners are owners. owning a team is basically a hobby for a lot of them. they have other businesses that make them real money. they call the shots, that's why they're the owners

*+@@ the players union tho

they really pushed things beyond repair. went into this thinking they had any leverage without any compromise and it's backfiring

can't support the players here, especially the overpaid superstars ones who aren't really looking out for the majority of players who make a lot less than them

STERN IS STILL THE WORST PERSON THOUGH

his face alone makes me seethe with anger, let alone the way he twists things to make himself look like he's above it all

Wait...What?? Without any compromise? Overpaid superstars? You sound like an idiot...theyre giving back up $3b over the course of the deal. Superstars are the most UNDERPAID in this whole system. They're the ones that sacrifice the most for the good of the rest of the union. You know how much Kobe lebron wade and Dwight are worth to they're teams??? Way more than they're actually paid.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

owners are owners. owning a team is basically a hobby for a lot of them. they have other businesses that make them real money. they call the shots, that's why they're the owners

*+@@ the players union tho

they really pushed things beyond repair. went into this thinking they had any leverage without any compromise and it's backfiring

can't support the players here, especially the overpaid superstars ones who aren't really looking out for the majority of players who make a lot less than them

STERN IS STILL THE WORST PERSON THOUGH

his face alone makes me seethe with anger, let alone the way he twists things to make himself look like he's above it all

Wait...What?? Without any compromise? Overpaid superstars? You sound like an idiot...theyre giving back up $3b over the course of the deal. Superstars are the most UNDERPAID in this whole system. They're the ones that sacrifice the most for the good of the rest of the union. You know how much Kobe lebron wade and Dwight are worth to they're teams??? Way more than they're actually paid.

Fisher said, "But we can (or CAN'T) say that there was significant progress made today."
EDIT: Or maybe he said "can't say"... can't tell for sure.  Pretty sure it was "can't" now...

Just thought it was interesting that he did say that (and stressed that they couldn't elaborate) to open up... but then he kind of tailed off/went neutral (and Hunter came in with the negative sounding stuff, haha).

Regardless, he did say a lot about not being able to elaborate on stuff... not that that is anything new, but still.  Hopefully they just wanted to break the news during the daytime and get full media coverage instead of at midnight/later, haha.

Fisher said, "But we can (or CAN'T) say that there was significant progress made today."
EDIT: Or maybe he said "can't say"... can't tell for sure.  Pretty sure it was "can't" now...

Just thought it was interesting that he did say that (and stressed that they couldn't elaborate) to open up... but then he kind of tailed off/went neutral (and Hunter came in with the negative sounding stuff, haha).

Regardless, he did say a lot about not being able to elaborate on stuff... not that that is anything new, but still.  Hopefully they just wanted to break the news during the daytime and get full media coverage instead of at midnight/later, haha.

Back
Top Bottom