The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I've never predicted a deal was going to be made following any of the negotiations, but maybe that's the problem.

Prediction: 13 hours, joint presser, lockout over.

Book it.
My prediction: 6 hours, separate pressers, Stern and Hunter take turns insulting each other's sides, December will be rumored that it will be on the brink of cancellation, the two sides will start secretly meeting/calling in a week for the next two weeks, finally in mid-December they finally meet publicly again, talks blow the @%@# up when Stern goes in there asking for a 43-57 split in favor of owners, suggest a 5:1 luxury tax and the new MLE will be what the old BAE was. Season canceled.
Doom and gloom..... or reverse jinx
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I've never predicted a deal was going to be made following any of the negotiations, but maybe that's the problem.

Book it.
My prediction: 6 hours, separate pressers, Stern and Hunter take turns insulting each other's sides, December will be rumored that it will be on the brink of cancellation, the two sides will start secretly meeting/calling in a week for the next two weeks, finally in mid-December they finally meet publicly again, talks blow the @%@# up when Stern goes in there asking for a 43-57 split in favor of owners, suggest a 5:1 luxury tax and the new MLE will be what the old BAE was. Season canceled.
Doom and gloom..... or reverse jinx
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Book it.

Sounds good, but I've lost faith in these negotiations.  How do you negotiate for 12 hours and get absolutely nothing out of it though
tired.gif
  Maybe it's true they're underselling what's really going on, but man this is stressful for us basketball fans
tired.gif

Book it.

Sounds good, but I've lost faith in these negotiations.  How do you negotiate for 12 hours and get absolutely nothing out of it though
tired.gif
  Maybe it's true they're underselling what's really going on, but man this is stressful for us basketball fans
tired.gif

12 hours of...

Players: Raise the midlevel for taxpaying teams.

Owners: No.

Players: Let's rework the tax plan.

Players: How about the salary cap?

Players: BRI?

12 hours of...

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

12 hours of...

THIS
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

12 hours of...

THIS
30t6p3b.gif

If an admin could ban me from this thread for the next 10 hours, or so, that'd be great.

If an admin could ban me from this thread for the next 10 hours, or so, that'd be great.

alanhahn Alan Hahn
The "competitive balance" refrain by Silver was clear message that small market teams will rule day. I'm told Holt (Spurs) is unrelenting.

alanhahn Alan Hahn
This is no longer about taking from the players. This is now owners vs owners. Haves vs Have-Nots. The players need not be in the room.

So the spurs are mad their run is over, so we don't get to watch ball. It really does seem like losing teams are just pissy and taking things out on everyone

alanhahn Alan Hahn
The "competitive balance" refrain by Silver was clear message that small market teams will rule day. I'm told Holt (Spurs) is unrelenting.

alanhahn Alan Hahn
This is no longer about taking from the players. This is now owners vs owners. Haves vs Have-Nots. The players need not be in the room.

So the spurs are mad their run is over, so we don't get to watch ball. It really does seem like losing teams are just pissy and taking things out on everyone

If this season is lost because of @#$%^& small market owners, everyone that doesn't have me on ignore already better start.  Even people that like me will want to ignore me.  I'm going to go postal if those bunch of flaming two faced vaginas get their loser way. 

If this season is lost because of @#$%^& small market owners, everyone that doesn't have me on ignore already better start.  Even people that like me will want to ignore me.  I'm going to go postal if those bunch of flaming two faced vaginas get their loser way. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

It was all good when the knicks, bulls, Celtics sucked. Even the lakers for a bitBut now all of a sudden the system isn't fairRidiculous

It was all good when the knicks, bulls, Celtics sucked. Even the lakers for a bitBut now all of a sudden the system isn't fairRidiculous

Originally Posted by DubA169

It was all good when the knicks, bulls, Celtics sucked. Even the lakers for a bit But now all of a sudden the system isn't fair Ridiculous
EXACTLY.  When they resigned that deal in 05-06, life was good.  Two faced #!$!%#**%$%#!.  Sarver and Gilbert and Holt were livin the high life then, NOW they all suck and blame market size.  !!#*+# cowards. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom