The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

TrueHoop Henry Abbott

Checketts at end, after call waiting beeps: "I'm being told now ... perhaps they've taken a step back, it's not as close as I thought."

ohwell.gif

That doesn't mean we're headed back to the HS players in the draft are we?

Its hilarious to see this lock out go on. Shows you how big of a mess this league is. And it shows you how big of clowns the people are that are in charge.

Why ive been saying the NBA has ruined the game of basketball. Very irritating, and very sad. Good thing there's alot of talent in college ball this year. If only I could watch super stars play ball correctly...

Originally Posted by gllahone84

laugh.gif
at anyone who thinks the NBA will recover from this.
The NBA is in a good position from where it left off this past season, though the last three to four seasons have been very good in my eyes. Big markets doing well, a glut of stars in and approaching their prime and small markets possibly mattering.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
The NBA will have no problem recovering. It's not like '99 when there was the combination of a short season and Jordan retiring again. People also lost interest because the product was entering an era that turned out to be its weakest phase (older stars past their primes and retiring, high school explosion just beginning). Right now it's the best it's been in almost 20 years. There are story lines and rivalries again. The players have kept fan interest alive by being visible this off-season. It's not like the last time.

laugh.gif
The NBA will have no problem recovering. It's not like '99 when there was the combination of a short season and Jordan retiring again. People also lost interest because the product was entering an era that turned out to be its weakest phase (older stars past their primes and retiring, high school explosion just beginning). Right now it's the best it's been in almost 20 years. There are story lines and rivalries again. The players have kept fan interest alive by being visible this off-season. It's not like the last time.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif
The NBA is in a good position from where it left off this past season, though the last three to four seasons have been very good in my eyes. Big markets doing well, a glut of stars in and approaching their prime and small markets possibly mattering.
laugh.gif
Yeah, I mean BOS/LAL, ORL/LAL, BOS/LAL, and DAL/MIA were all either match-ups people wanted to see, stars they wanted to see, or a great series in general and brought in stars.

As long as there no more SAS/DET Finals, the NBA will be okay.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, I mean BOS/LAL, ORL/LAL, BOS/LAL, and DAL/MIA were all either match-ups people wanted to see, stars they wanted to see, or a great series in general and brought in stars.

As long as there no more SAS/DET Finals, the NBA will be okay.
laugh.gif

Yea the NBA isn't like the NHL.

NHL = stale box of crackerjacks that's open with the prize missing. as long as you could have it right now while other sports weren't on it was nice.

NBA = Cartman with his own rollercoaster theme park. People are dying to get back in. I mean...NBA on TNT crew...+Shaq

Yea the NBA isn't like the NHL.

NHL = stale box of crackerjacks that's open with the prize missing. as long as you could have it right now while other sports weren't on it was nice.

NBA = Cartman with his own rollercoaster theme park. People are dying to get back in. I mean...NBA on TNT crew...+Shaq

@WojYahooNBA After finishing call with owners' labor relations committee, David Stern will deliver union a revised offer tonight, league sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA Owners revised offer will be working off current negotiations with players -- not the threatened 'reset' offer awaiting if talks broke down.

Does this mean that Stern/Hunter may have come to an agreement...?
nerd.gif

Also, I know just because they agree doesn't mean that this is all over.

What % needs to agree in order for this to become a real deal?

@WojYahooNBA After finishing call with owners' labor relations committee, David Stern will deliver union a revised offer tonight, league sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA Owners revised offer will be working off current negotiations with players -- not the threatened 'reset' offer awaiting if talks broke down.

nerd.gif

This sounds at least somewhat promising, doesn't it?
nerd.gif

This sounds at least somewhat promising, doesn't it?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

Billy Hunter takes a proposal he is satisfied with and presents it to the union for a vote. All it takes is 50% plus 1 vote in favor to accept. Not all players have to (or will) vote. It's whoever feels like voting.

nerd.gif

Billy Hunter takes a proposal he is satisfied with and presents it to the union for a vote. All it takes is 50% plus 1 vote in favor to accept. Not all players have to (or will) vote. It's whoever feels like voting.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

nerd.gif

Basically more than 50% of players that DO vote?

I see.

Owners don't have to do the same?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

nerd.gif

Basically more than 50% of players that DO vote?

I see.

Owners don't have to do the same?

Back
Top Bottom