The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

The Knicks-Bulls sign and trade involving Eddy Curry was the other one.

30t6p3b.gif

Rookie contracts: While the rookie wage scale would stay the same, the union has pushed for incentivizing contracts to give elite rookies the opportunity to make more money quicker.
Smartest thing the owners could do. If players are going to shorten contracts, you should give them the oppertunity to make closer to their worth sooner. That way the whole system of pay balences out. Guys who are 30 wont make 20m for their lesser seasons, Guys who are 22 wont be paid 6m for MVP seasons.

Rookie contracts: While the rookie wage scale would stay the same, the union has pushed for incentivizing contracts to give elite rookies the opportunity to make more money quicker.
Smartest thing the owners could do. If players are going to shorten contracts, you should give them the oppertunity to make closer to their worth sooner. That way the whole system of pay balences out. Guys who are 30 wont make 20m for their lesser seasons, Guys who are 22 wont be paid 6m for MVP seasons.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
They can say yes or no, but they shouldn't bother asking for another meeting.

"There comes a time when you have to be through negotiating, and we are," Stern said.

"There's not enough progress to get a deal done," Fisher said. "That's the disappointing part. We want to get back on the court." 

Tough to make anything out of this though considering Stern wimped out on the Wed. 5pm deadline.

My guess is they'll keep talking for another 6 weeks, then start the decert process.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
They can say yes or no, but they shouldn't bother asking for another meeting.

"There comes a time when you have to be through negotiating, and we are," Stern said.

"There's not enough progress to get a deal done," Fisher said. "That's the disappointing part. We want to get back on the court." 

Tough to make anything out of this though considering Stern wimped out on the Wed. 5pm deadline.

My guess is they'll keep talking for another 6 weeks, then start the decert process.
[/font]

I know this is a complex ordeal but for how little progress is made over so much time is annoying. I'm hopin for a christmas opening day. Those games would be ill.

I know this is a complex ordeal but for how little progress is made over so much time is annoying. I'm hopin for a christmas opening day. Those games would be ill.

This stinks

Marc Stein: Ominous warning from source on players' side expecting NBA offer to be rejected: "Nothing was addressed. It's same offer as it was before." about 42 minutes ago

David Aldridge: Will not surprise me if decert/disclaimer is filed before Mon meeting. Just starts clock a little earlier; reps can still approve proposal. about 36 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: NBPA player rep on union leadership: "Why do they keep scrambling us to New York for these meetings when they never listen to us?" 4 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Player rep (cont.): "We told them not to go past 53 percent. They did. We told them we're not taking this deal. Why waste our time?" 2 minutes ago

This stinks

Marc Stein: Ominous warning from source on players' side expecting NBA offer to be rejected: "Nothing was addressed. It's same offer as it was before." about 42 minutes ago

David Aldridge: Will not surprise me if decert/disclaimer is filed before Mon meeting. Just starts clock a little earlier; reps can still approve proposal. about 36 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: NBPA player rep on union leadership: "Why do they keep scrambling us to New York for these meetings when they never listen to us?" 4 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Player rep (cont.): "We told them not to go past 53 percent. They did. We told them we're not taking this deal. Why waste our time?" 2 minutes ago

Sam Amick: Source says it was Billy Hunter's idea to wait until next week for player reps to meet in NY. Even though the exec committee is in NY now. 1 minute ago

Eric Pincus: When the players took the deal in 2000, Hunter and company gave up the farm - ended up being a very strong 11-year agreement (in 2 parts) 2 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Who knows where players heads will be by Monday, but there's a lot of frustration and anger with union leadership tonight. 3 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Another veteran role player texts: "How quickly does Billy (Hunter) get fired after we sign this bull----?" 4 minutes ago

Sam Amick: Source says it was Billy Hunter's idea to wait until next week for player reps to meet in NY. Even though the exec committee is in NY now. 1 minute ago

Eric Pincus: When the players took the deal in 2000, Hunter and company gave up the farm - ended up being a very strong 11-year agreement (in 2 parts) 2 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Who knows where players heads will be by Monday, but there's a lot of frustration and anger with union leadership tonight. 3 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski: Another veteran role player texts: "How quickly does Billy (Hunter) get fired after we sign this bull----?" 4 minutes ago

Alan Hahn: This alarmed me: when I asked what was changed in the revised proposal, union source replies, "It may have gotten worse. It's debatable." now

Alan Hahn: This alarmed me: when I asked what was changed in the revised proposal, union source replies, "It may have gotten worse. It's debatable." now

Back
Top Bottom