The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by kash55

^So you this the P.A. latest move was a positive one?
The players give up 3 billion over 10 years, and you just called them greedy for not giving up more. 
indifferent.gif

The owners are simply trying to get all their money back, AND redo the entire system a system that produced 4 billion last year, yet they want to tear it down, why?  FOR THEM.  You blame the players. 
indifferent.gif

I don't give two flying @#$%^ about positive spin, PR, press conference, leaks, who looks good, who looks bad, I do not care.  The players have given given given and the owners haven't stopped asking for more, to me, that's a load right there, spin it however anyone wants.  

Cavs fan, 
laugh.gif
  good point.  But this ain't baseball.  And the Cubs will and always will be more relevant than the city of Cleveland, losses be damned.  And also, the Cubs do have titles, back to back in fact, and that's more than the Cavs could ever dream of. 
wink.gif

I know, our grandparents parents weren't born yet, I know, I don't care. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Man this reminds me of us always beefing when The Cavs were relevant on NT......good times....CP you still a heartless fool
laugh.gif

Yes, every expert and analyst that I've read has said from day 1 that the deal is going to be in favour of the Owners, the only thing the players can do is get the best deal out of this. But the players want to get a deal that goes there way, but that's impossible, the owners OWN the league and teams and money.

And the P.A. didn't put it to a vote because the rank and file wants to play, they would have taken the deal. But the players making multi millions every year didn't like it.

Yes, every expert and analyst that I've read has said from day 1 that the deal is going to be in favour of the Owners, the only thing the players can do is get the best deal out of this. But the players want to get a deal that goes there way, but that's impossible, the owners OWN the league and teams and money.

And the P.A. didn't put it to a vote because the rank and file wants to play, they would have taken the deal. But the players making multi millions every year didn't like it.

If the players continue to hold out and a deal isn't made by the Spring I don't think it's a guarantee they'll end up with an even worse deal. Stern and the owners won't risk on missing out on two seasons and from what I'm reading and seeing these guys almost look like they'll take it there.

If the players continue to hold out and a deal isn't made by the Spring I don't think it's a guarantee they'll end up with an even worse deal. Stern and the owners won't risk on missing out on two seasons and from what I'm reading and seeing these guys almost look like they'll take it there.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

But when talking about a stand off, who do you think can last longer? Owners who are billionaires, or players that range from making 800k-25mill.

But when talking about a stand off, who do you think can last longer? Owners who are billionaires, or players that range from making 800k-25mill.

CP1708
^So you think the P.A. latest move was a positive one?
They didn't even put it to a vote to see if players wanted to play. The P.A. is a joke, the Owners are old greedy jerks. But, this shows that the players are 80% about making more money, 20% wanting to play basketball.
I'm unhappy with the players right now, but I don't think their latest move is about money.  If it was really just about money, I'm not sure the players would be willing to lose a whole season of paychecks.  At this point, I think its more about not getting "disrespected" by the owners and Stern.  Just look at the Derozan tweet that DubA posted -- he's pissed about getting "talked down" to.  Basically, for a lot of players, I think it comes down to not wanting to get pushed around about a bunch of rich, white CEO types.  No more complicated than that.  I personally think that's a little shortsighted and unrealistic view to take, but I do think that's what going on here.  I don't think its about greed on the players' part.   

CP1708
^So you think the P.A. latest move was a positive one?
They didn't even put it to a vote to see if players wanted to play. The P.A. is a joke, the Owners are old greedy jerks. But, this shows that the players are 80% about making more money, 20% wanting to play basketball.
I'm unhappy with the players right now, but I don't think their latest move is about money.  If it was really just about money, I'm not sure the players would be willing to lose a whole season of paychecks.  At this point, I think its more about not getting "disrespected" by the owners and Stern.  Just look at the Derozan tweet that DubA posted -- he's pissed about getting "talked down" to.  Basically, for a lot of players, I think it comes down to not wanting to get pushed around about a bunch of rich, white CEO types.  No more complicated than that.  I personally think that's a little shortsighted and unrealistic view to take, but I do think that's what going on here.  I don't think its about greed on the players' part.   

Im glad someone pointed out the point fo the NBA not being the same as other businesses... You can't compare the two. Between getting drafted, the rarity of talent (not just any player can play in the league as opposed to some other jobs), & the amount of money being brought in, the two are very different. The NBA is not just some regular job.

Even with all this going on... Im still on the players side. With the cut they already took, they had the right to hold their own. If we're talking strictly BRI... That's almost all the players right there. They have a right to stand their ground for a higher percentage. & that's only talking BRI... Nevermind everything else that was being discussed which was a big problem as well.
nerd.gif

Im glad someone pointed out the point fo the NBA not being the same as other businesses... You can't compare the two. Between getting drafted, the rarity of talent (not just any player can play in the league as opposed to some other jobs), & the amount of money being brought in, the two are very different. The NBA is not just some regular job.

Even with all this going on... Im still on the players side. With the cut they already took, they had the right to hold their own. If we're talking strictly BRI... That's almost all the players right there. They have a right to stand their ground for a higher percentage. & that's only talking BRI... Nevermind everything else that was being discussed which was a big problem as well.
nerd.gif

My whole thing is the players are not going to go broke if they use their heads and think of other ways to make money during the lockout. There all in it together so I assume they would find a way.

My whole thing looking at that kind of standoff for the owners is the longer this goes on the more they fracture the NBA and there will come a point where they can't repair it. It's not just whose money will last longer.

My whole thing is the players are not going to go broke if they use their heads and think of other ways to make money during the lockout. There all in it together so I assume they would find a way.

My whole thing looking at that kind of standoff for the owners is the longer this goes on the more they fracture the NBA and there will come a point where they can't repair it. It's not just whose money will last longer.

Is it just me or did it seem to anyone else that anytime a deal was close, new demands were thrown into the mix? I'm pretty sure the players would've went the antitrust route a long time ago if all the demands were there from the get go.

Is it just me or did it seem to anyone else that anytime a deal was close, new demands were thrown into the mix? I'm pretty sure the players would've went the antitrust route a long time ago if all the demands were there from the get go.

Back
Top Bottom