The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Anyone want to go jump off a bridge with me?
tired.gif
Yes.

You first, though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Big J watches him drop, turns and walks away.....* 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so DubA how are you feeling right now as a knicks fan? 

Party like it's 1999?I'm pretty heartbroken. I had a busy day so I haven't been able to completely digest everything but it seems terrible. I don't see what it can accomplish. They are gonna be in new York courts. Terrible economic climate. I just don't see them winning a suitFrom the information I have, I would have recommended the take the deal presented. It's bad but it's not worth the damage done to the league and missing pay checks. But the owners are more to blame than the players. Far more.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so DubA how are you feeling right now as a knicks fan? 

Party like it's 1999?I'm pretty heartbroken. I had a busy day so I haven't been able to completely digest everything but it seems terrible. I don't see what it can accomplish. They are gonna be in new York courts. Terrible economic climate. I just don't see them winning a suitFrom the information I have, I would have recommended the take the deal presented. It's bad but it's not worth the damage done to the league and missing pay checks. But the owners are more to blame than the players. Far more.

I'm also disgusted with the losers on the Internet getting a sick sense of pleasure at the idea of the players getting crushed

I'm also disgusted with the losers on the Internet getting a sick sense of pleasure at the idea of the players getting crushed

This is awful. And both sides cant say they dealt with this the right way. I understand your going to bargain in good faith to get a deal done, but considering how far apart both sides were, decert should have occurred MONTHS ago.

Best of luck to the players... Really, luck neeeeeds to be on their side to come out with anything of what they view as "fair". Worse deal to come than what they thought I bet...

So my question is, what happens to those dudes drafted. They arent allowed to play college again are they?

Just blow it up man... Just blow up the entire league foundation and processes.

Yay for unions!
indifferent.gif

This is awful. And both sides cant say they dealt with this the right way. I understand your going to bargain in good faith to get a deal done, but considering how far apart both sides were, decert should have occurred MONTHS ago.

Best of luck to the players... Really, luck neeeeeds to be on their side to come out with anything of what they view as "fair". Worse deal to come than what they thought I bet...

So my question is, what happens to those dudes drafted. They arent allowed to play college again are they?

Just blow it up man... Just blow up the entire league foundation and processes.

Yay for unions!
indifferent.gif

^^^ Does anyone know how the antitrust litigation is going to get funded for the players? Maybe the union saw this day coming and created a war chest of money for this purpose. I would suspect that some of the agencies that rep the players will contribute financially too. But if the players have to pool together to pick up the tab, and this litigation goes on for a while, that's likely to be a pretty big bill. Guys like the lawyer that will be representing the union, David Boies, can easily cost $1000/hour.

^^^ Does anyone know how the antitrust litigation is going to get funded for the players? Maybe the union saw this day coming and created a war chest of money for this purpose. I would suspect that some of the agencies that rep the players will contribute financially too. But if the players have to pool together to pick up the tab, and this litigation goes on for a while, that's likely to be a pretty big bill. Guys like the lawyer that will be representing the union, David Boies, can easily cost $1000/hour.

Back
Top Bottom