The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

roll.gif
@ the players raised in poverty okay with staying broke/going back to being broke. Treating the NBA like blowing lottery winnings.

Kemba bout to head back to the BX.

I don't understand how Glen Davis can be saying some of those things and bring up the fact he doesn't go to the meetings. Things like that point to the players being stupid. You don't go to the meetings, don't want to so you have your player rep go to represent you. Then when shh takes a turn for the worse you finally looking for answers.

I don't understand how Glen Davis can be saying some of those things and bring up the fact he doesn't go to the meetings. Things like that point to the players being stupid. You don't go to the meetings, don't want to so you have your player rep go to represent you. Then when shh takes a turn for the worse you finally looking for answers.

Terrence Williams: Someone tell billy hunter we should of done this %+#* in July $#* about 14 minutes ago

Kevin Durant: Man I prolly blocked 60 people in 2 days lol...ignorant people who have no clue what's going on about 1 hour ago

KD is getting a little defensive after making those school teacher remarks
laugh.gif

Eric Gordon: My heart goes out to the arena workers and others who are out of work due to this lockout. This really sucks. about 3 hours ago

Terrence Williams: Someone tell billy hunter we should of done this %+#* in July $#* about 14 minutes ago

Kevin Durant: Man I prolly blocked 60 people in 2 days lol...ignorant people who have no clue what's going on about 1 hour ago

laugh.gif

Eric Gordon: My heart goes out to the arena workers and others who are out of work due to this lockout. This really sucks. about 3 hours ago

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

Yeah, and at least some of the "ignorant people who have no cluse what's going on" seem to be some of KD's fellow NBA players.  SMH. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

Yeah, and at least some of the "ignorant people who have no cluse what's going on" seem to be some of KD's fellow NBA players.  SMH. 

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Does anyone know how the antitrust litigation is going to get funded for the players? Maybe the union saw this day coming and created a war chest of money for this purpose. I would suspect that some of the agencies that rep the players will contribute financially too. But if the players have to pool together to pick up the tab, and this litigation goes on for a while, that's likely to be a pretty big bill. Guys like the lawyer that will be representing the union, David Boies, can easily cost $1000/hour.
QFT

Most New York based partners bill at that rate.  Kessler and Boies are top notch

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Does anyone know how the antitrust litigation is going to get funded for the players? Maybe the union saw this day coming and created a war chest of money for this purpose. I would suspect that some of the agencies that rep the players will contribute financially too. But if the players have to pool together to pick up the tab, and this litigation goes on for a while, that's likely to be a pretty big bill. Guys like the lawyer that will be representing the union, David Boies, can easily cost $1000/hour.
QFT

Most New York based partners bill at that rate.  Kessler and Boies are top notch

Originally Posted by DubA169

im surprised stern hasn't canceled more games
Believe it or not Stern wants a season with as many games as possible this year.
He threatened to cancel the Christmas games back in October; we're halfway through November now and he still hasn't canceled those games.

I know I'm in the minority here but I can see him budging on the system issues to get a deal done.

Believe it or not Stern wants a season with as many games as possible this year.
He threatened to cancel the Christmas games back in October; we're halfway through November now and he still hasn't canceled those games.

I know I'm in the minority here but I can see him budging on the system issues to get a deal done.

Just a random thought....

but if the union dissolves via disclaiming of interest or whatever, couldn't the NBA just send out proposals to each individual player and have them sign/agree/vote? and whatnot since there is no longer a union?????

Or are there enough preemptive lawsuits in place to prevent that?

Just a random thought....

but if the union dissolves via disclaiming of interest or whatever, couldn't the NBA just send out proposals to each individual player and have them sign/agree/vote? and whatnot since there is no longer a union?????

Or are there enough preemptive lawsuits in place to prevent that?

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Which would make the most sense.
nbaratings.jpg

Ratings were up 26% on TNT, 15% on ESPN and 32% on ABC in the regular season too. If fans hate super teams, they have a hell of a way of showing it.
I understand the league was bleeding $, but the players atoned for that by agreeing to split the BRI down the middle = 3 billion dollar giveback over a 10 year CBA. I'm hoping that stern comes to his senses.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Which would make the most sense.
nbaratings.jpg

Ratings were up 26% on TNT, 15% on ESPN and 32% on ABC in the regular season too. If fans hate super teams, they have a hell of a way of showing it.
I understand the league was bleeding $, but the players atoned for that by agreeing to split the BRI down the middle = 3 billion dollar giveback over a 10 year CBA. I'm hoping that stern comes to his senses.

Back
Top Bottom