The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Mavericks about to be the only team in history that's going to be a two-year champion that didn't have to defend.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by kash55

CP1708
^So you think the P.A. latest move was a positive one?
They didn't even put it to a vote to see if players wanted to play. The P.A. is a joke, the Owners are old greedy jerks. But, this shows that the players are 80% about making more money, 20% wanting to play basketball.
I'm unhappy with the players right now, but I don't think their latest move is about money.  If it was really just about money, I'm not sure the players would be willing to lose a whole season of paychecks.  At this point, I think its more about not getting "disrespected" by the owners and Stern.  Just look at the Derozan tweet that DubA posted -- he's pissed about getting "talked down" to.  Basically, for a lot of players, I think it comes down to not wanting to get pushed around about a bunch of rich, white CEO types.  No more complicated than that.  I personally think that's a little shortsighted and unrealistic view to take, but I do think that's what going on here.  I don't think its about greed on the players' part.   

Yup, that's what it's about

Originally Posted by CP1708

f6316e1206387855830fc8497a526f462f410577_r.gif

Nealt with.

You can celebrate your fake back to back "championship year" claim, meanwhile we have actual back to backs. 
wink.gif

......2002-2009? damn, that a big gap. sad to think of what could have been.

f6316e1206387855830fc8497a526f462f410577_r.gif

Nealt with.

You can celebrate your fake back to back "championship year" claim, meanwhile we have actual back to backs. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Eh, they lost 2 other titles in that period as well.  If Shaq would have stayed in shape better and not taken so much time off, maybe he and Kob could have gotten along better.  But oh well, they both got what they wanted, Shaq got another ring in Miami, Kobe got a couple more after.  Fair enough for both. 

Eh, they lost 2 other titles in that period as well.  If Shaq would have stayed in shape better and not taken so much time off, maybe he and Kob could have gotten along better.  But oh well, they both got what they wanted, Shaq got another ring in Miami, Kobe got a couple more after.  Fair enough for both. 

If Shaq would have stayed in shape better and not taken so much time off, maybe he and Kob could have gotten along better.  
.......so thats what you riding with huh? 

Fair enough for both..  

......fair enough? not for a real LA fan.

- as stated 2002-2009 is one hell of a gap considering what could have been, sad man.

If Shaq would have stayed in shape better and not taken so much time off, maybe he and Kob could have gotten along better.  

Fair enough for both..  

- as stated 2002-2009 is one hell of a gap considering what could have been, sad man.

Fair enough for both..  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll try and help you out a little bit here man.  They got 3, 2003 they lost because they were worn down.  (3 deep finals runs will do that) 

They reloaded and tried again in 04, close but no cigar.  Say they got that.  That's 4.  They come back in 05, 4 finals runs in 5 years, Shaq aging and breaking down, do they win that one?  Maybe, maybe not.  Let's go ahead and give it to them.  Ok, that's 5.  2006, do they win, after 5 finals in 6 years?  Use your brain here.  Great possibility that they don't.  Weary legs only get you so far.  Also remember, in order to pull this off, 5 in 6 years, making that 7th run, we need perfect health for both Kobe AND Shaq, think that's happening? 

So, we're at 2007, 5 titles, and Shaq is now a shadow of himself.  Do they squeak another in there?  Possibly.  So we end up with what, 6 total now. And Kobe sits at 5.  So we're 1 short.  1.  And you in here tryin to act knowlegable about things and callin out fans. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Here I thought you came in to have some sort of discussion, instead you still trollin hard.  I see you playboy, I see you.  Do your thang man. 
laugh.gif

Real LA fan. 
laugh.gif

Fair enough for both..  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll try and help you out a little bit here man.  They got 3, 2003 they lost because they were worn down.  (3 deep finals runs will do that) 

They reloaded and tried again in 04, close but no cigar.  Say they got that.  That's 4.  They come back in 05, 4 finals runs in 5 years, Shaq aging and breaking down, do they win that one?  Maybe, maybe not.  Let's go ahead and give it to them.  Ok, that's 5.  2006, do they win, after 5 finals in 6 years?  Use your brain here.  Great possibility that they don't.  Weary legs only get you so far.  Also remember, in order to pull this off, 5 in 6 years, making that 7th run, we need perfect health for both Kobe AND Shaq, think that's happening? 

So, we're at 2007, 5 titles, and Shaq is now a shadow of himself.  Do they squeak another in there?  Possibly.  So we end up with what, 6 total now. And Kobe sits at 5.  So we're 1 short.  1.  And you in here tryin to act knowlegable about things and callin out fans. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Here I thought you came in to have some sort of discussion, instead you still trollin hard.  I see you playboy, I see you.  Do your thang man. 
laugh.gif

Real LA fan. 
laugh.gif

Back to the actual topic, Stern has to go now doesn't he?  How could he be allowed to survive TWO labor issues in 12 years?  Has any other commish ever had 2 under one reign?  And I mean one that cost games, not like Goodell just had where the season starts on time, that I understand. 

Back
Top Bottom