The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by ninjahood

owners act like players are just gonna wanna play for peanuts..if overseas is paying more they're outta here.

Many of these players are egotistically driven.  They want the fame here.  Overseas = forgotten.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

owners act like players are just gonna wanna play for peanuts..if overseas is paying more they're outta here.

Many of these players are egotistically driven.  They want the fame here.  Overseas = forgotten.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

And the owners are not driven by their egos?

Absolutely.  My comment was in reference to players going overseas to play.  Any player worth his salt doesn't want to go overseas and be forgotten by the fans here.

And the owners are not driven by their egos?

Absolutely.  My comment was in reference to players going overseas to play.  Any player worth his salt doesn't want to go overseas and be forgotten by the fans here.

Perhaps, but if they're getting paid well I'm sure it'll lessen the ego. Plus with the way Stern globalized the game, fans can watch and track games overseas (at least the good leagues anyways).

Perhaps, but if they're getting paid well I'm sure it'll lessen the ego. Plus with the way Stern globalized the game, fans can watch and track games overseas (at least the good leagues anyways).

this whole competetive balance talking point is a front to get fans to side with the owners. And it's working if you check out real gm forums. Most people are on the owners side

this is about the cash. If every team was making money they wouldn't give a @$*! about competitive balance.

Yes there are real issues. revenue sharing would help. But lets be frank, They want teams to be able to make money even if they are managed horribly. that's absurd.

this whole competetive balance talking point is a front to get fans to side with the owners. And it's working if you check out real gm forums. Most people are on the owners side

this is about the cash. If every team was making money they wouldn't give a @$*! about competitive balance.

Yes there are real issues. revenue sharing would help. But lets be frank, They want teams to be able to make money even if they are managed horribly. that's absurd.

Having fans and being idolized is cool and all, but if these guys had to choose between that and money it's a no brainer.

Having fans and being idolized is cool and all, but if these guys had to choose between that and money it's a no brainer.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Once revenue sharing gets brought up, the owners are going to turn on each other. Trying to stick it to the players before themselves.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Once revenue sharing gets brought up, the owners are going to turn on each other. Trying to stick it to the players before themselves.
laugh.gif

The general public will never take the side of the players...I think the consensus is that no matter what, they feel like athletes should be thankful for being paid to play a game and compared to "real" jobs they're extremely overpaid. And then there's always that race thing that exists but makes people uncomfortable so they'd rather not discuss it...

The general public will never take the side of the players...I think the consensus is that no matter what, they feel like athletes should be thankful for being paid to play a game and compared to "real" jobs they're extremely overpaid. And then there's always that race thing that exists but makes people uncomfortable so they'd rather not discuss it...

Stern did a fantastic job painting the players as the greedy party on Thursday.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Yep.  The sample players that pay his salary.  It was a joke watching that press conference.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Yep.  The sample players that pay his salary.  It was a joke watching that press conference.

Supposedly About 200 NBA players opted for 12-month payment plans; will receive checks through October

Supposedly About 200 NBA players opted for 12-month payment plans; will receive checks through October

Back
Top Bottom