The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Once again the NBA disappoints, they're will be a lockout every single time the union contracts end, this league, owners, and players are getting ridiculous. I honestly don't think the players are going to budge because they will not come close to the same amount of benefits, guaranteed money, and contract lengths that they have been so used to in the past 10 years.  The players have known this, they were introduced to the idea that the players union will go to hell and back to fight for their rights. Players have been aware, thats why so many haven't been hesitant to play oversees and completely risk they're 2011-12 NBA salary, because they know they won't have one. Gentlemen, Basketball does not look good for the near future, if this was a betting man's game I would bet that we won't have a season.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Question: What are the chances of the NBA just going out and getting replacement players. Say if this season is done. And we are in September of 2012 and no agreement has been reached. What then?
Who's going to watch that?

Question: What are the chances of the NBA just going out and getting replacement players. Say if this season is done. And we are in September of 2012 and no agreement has been reached. What then?

Stern also said that future offers will reflect the losses the league is taking from missing games, aka they're going to ask the players to cover those losses. This is going to drag on for awhile
30t6p3b.gif

Stern also said that future offers will reflect the losses the league is taking from missing games, aka they're going to ask the players to cover those losses. This is going to drag on for awhile
30t6p3b.gif

Stern is a +@$+$%! joke as a commissioner. You've caused the league to lose games twice in the last 12 years. Moving franchises in a shady manner. You can't even keep the damn league operating. You have something good and God forbid you keep it going. This is complete $%!$*#++. Selig catches a bad rap but he's gotten $!#$ done the right way lately. $!#$ baseball has the least financial problems recently as a league.

Im just a pissed off fan that blames these !#+%+$% owners. Without the fans there isn't a league

Stern is a +@$+$%! joke as a commissioner. You've caused the league to lose games twice in the last 12 years. Moving franchises in a shady manner. You can't even keep the damn league operating. You have something good and God forbid you keep it going. This is complete $%!$*#++. Selig catches a bad rap but he's gotten $!#$ done the right way lately. $!#$ baseball has the least financial problems recently as a league.

Im just a pissed off fan that blames these !#+%+$% owners. Without the fans there isn't a league

Originally Posted by PMatic

@stevenkylerNBA A couple of comments... a 50-50 split of BRI amounts to about 47% of all revenue, as BRI excludes a percentage of some revenues.
@stevenkylerNBA The analogy is I collect $100... I pull $20 out for myself & then we share whats left.. if I give you 50% of whats left, did we share 50-50?
@stevenkylerNBA You got $40 and I got $60, thats not a 50-50 split, that's how BRI works.... Both side interchange these concepts to suit their message.
@stevenkylerNBA Whats not in BRI --- 60% of from arena signage - 60% of from luxury suites - 50% - 55% of naming rights ----- a huge chunk of $ off the top.
I get out of class and come across this.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

im starting to understand a little bit of what the BRI is... so is that all the hidden money that is not in the BRI when its so called split 50/50

Originally Posted by ill steelo

i finally get my chance
pimp.gif

i finally get my chance
pimp.gif

Hopefully the players don't give in, I've already accepted the possibility of there being no NBA altogether this year. Id prefer the union hold firm all the way until the end, rather than give in and accept a BS deal and play out a 50 game season

With college hoops starting soon I will have my basketball fix for the next 6 months. Two lockouts under Stern's watch is unacceptable.

Well, around two, three summers ago, I got the chance to chop it up with billy hunter at the NBAPA office and this very topic came up.

Not to bring race into this issue, but his words : "Its more than money, its a black vs white thing. You see the people working in this office? All black. When we sit down with the NBA, its all black on one side, all white on the other. Every single time we meet, whether it be all star weekend, the finals, or what have you, he sits up on his high horse and puts out these crazy assertions and demands, and tries to bully us, and coherce us into what they want to do. Well quite frankly, we just aren't having it anymore. After this cba expires, we are preparing for the worst as far as NBA basketball is concerned. We're telling our players to save up, and even our player that are retired, to save up because without no season(s) in the future, we won't be able to get them nearly as many jobs. This will get ugly."

Well, around two, three summers ago, I got the chance to chop it up with billy hunter at the NBAPA office and this very topic came up.

Not to bring race into this issue, but his words : "Its more than money, its a black vs white thing. You see the people working in this office? All black. When we sit down with the NBA, its all black on one side, all white on the other. Every single time we meet, whether it be all star weekend, the finals, or what have you, he sits up on his high horse and puts out these crazy assertions and demands, and tries to bully us, and coherce us into what they want to do. Well quite frankly, we just aren't having it anymore. After this cba expires, we are preparing for the worst as far as NBA basketball is concerned. We're telling our players to save up, and even our player that are retired, to save up because without no season(s) in the future, we won't be able to get them nearly as many jobs. This will get ugly."

Someone get Truth on the phone. Tell him it's game time 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Someone get Truth on the phone. Tell him it's game time 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Then I'mma hit the courts ASAP.

Then I'mma hit the courts ASAP.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Damn kudos for remembering that quote by heart still 2-3 years later
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Damn kudos for remembering that quote by heart still 2-3 years later
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom