The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

More "gospel" from RealGM 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

NyCeEvO wrote:Tweet from Steve Nash:

What do we think about Nash's comments?

Another ignorant player. Only someone who knows nothing about business would decide that the increased revenue means a healthy business. This all just shows that the players are not smart enough to understand the difference in inflation against rise in revenues, or the costs that are associated with doing business. Revenues have increased, the players salaries prove that, but the bottom line has progressively gotten worse the books that the union audited prove that. 

Here is an analogy that some of you may understand, let's say a car manufacturer keeps their price on a model the same for 15 years, each year the deal gets a little better and every year they sell more. Meaning every year the company generates more revenue, however based on the rising costs of everything that goes into the car the profit becomes less, add in the yearly increases that the workers fell they deserves, and pretty soon the company is losing money. The NBA is in the same spot, revenue is increasing at a rate lower then inflation, meaning their hard costs are getting higher for every dollar earned. The players salaries continue to rise based on those increased revenues, and the higher costs have had no effect on their salaries. Something has to give, the money to keep pace with inflation has to come from somewhere, and by far the biggest expense is players salaries, not to mention their benefits.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/font]

Another ignorant player. Only someone who knows nothing about business would decide that the increased revenue means a healthy business. This all just shows that the players are not smart enough to understand the difference in inflation against rise in revenues, or the costs that are associated with doing business. Revenues have increased, the players salaries prove that, but the bottom line has progressively gotten worse the books that the union audited prove that. 

Here is an analogy that some of you may understand, let's say a car manufacturer keeps their price on a model the same for 15 years, each year the deal gets a little better and every year they sell more. Meaning every year the company generates more revenue, however based on the rising costs of everything that goes into the car the profit becomes less, add in the yearly increases that the workers fell they deserves, and pretty soon the company is losing money. The NBA is in the same spot, revenue is increasing at a rate lower then inflation, meaning their hard costs are getting higher for every dollar earned. The players salaries continue to rise based on those increased revenues, and the higher costs have had no effect on their salaries. Something has to give, the money to keep pace with inflation has to come from somewhere, and by far the biggest expense is players salaries, not to mention their benefits.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/font]

Funny thing to me is that Stern made close to $25 mil off this last season.
Get's over $20 mil a year. Im just saying. Just shows you what type of guy this is.

Get's over $20 mil a year. Im just saying. Just shows you what type of guy this is.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

You believe that stern made 20 million dollars? Who the *%%% told you that?
laugh.gif

Sterns doing good business, the players have no leverage, they need to fold soon so we can start the season.

50/50 split, harder cap, no Bi annual exception, shorter contracts I don't think the deal gets better than that, maybe stern tosses them a token 1 or 2% so billy can save face.

Replacement players would be like watching a season of D-League..I'm straight.

Someone w/ huge money should just say F it and start an int'l league in the wake of it. Straight Euro v. "ex" NBA players...or even something along the lines of Simmons idea last week on Grantland.

Replacement players would be like watching a season of D-League..I'm straight.

Someone w/ huge money should just say F it and start an int'l league in the wake of it. Straight Euro v. "ex" NBA players...or even something along the lines of Simmons idea last week on Grantland.

laugh.gif

Sterns doing good business, the players have no leverage, they need to fold soon so we can start the season.

50/50 split, harder cap, no Bi annual exception, shorter contracts I don't think the deal gets better than that, maybe stern tosses them a token 1 or 2% so billy can save face.

laugh.gif

Since there's no NBA in the near future, I'm going to kill time coming up with another fantasy CBA.
grin.gif

Since there's no NBA in the near future, I'm going to kill time coming up with another fantasy CBA.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Still better than WNBA though.
laugh.gif
Is if better than NFL football, or the baseball playoffs though?
laugh.gif
Baseball, world series, playoffs, all star game, opening night... Yes it's still better than baseball.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Still better than WNBA though.
laugh.gif
Is if better than NFL football, or the baseball playoffs though?
laugh.gif
Baseball, world series, playoffs, all star game, opening night... Yes it's still better than baseball.

Honest to God I'd start watching hockey.

You want more revenue NBA owners? Stop subsidizing the WNBA....how many of us know more than ONE person who follows it, and that person being Ska...who we don't actually "know".

Honest to God I'd start watching hockey.

You want more revenue NBA owners? Stop subsidizing the WNBA....how many of us know more than ONE person who follows it, and that person being Ska...who we don't actually "know".

Back
Top Bottom