The Official NBA Season Thread

Amazing performances by 100 million dollar man POOLE
giphy.gif

Nash is not a coach. Maybe joining the Raptors as an assistant coach for a few years will teach him how to be one. But right now, he's not a coach and I am sure Masai understands this.
I almost feel like I can’t even judge him as a head coach after the Brooklyn stint. Multiple players with a track record of being uncoachable. Roster with no size and ability to defend.

Would be interested to see how he’d look on a young team that didn’t have expectations like that. Kinda like how Kenny Atkinson had it with Brooklyn prior to KD and Cryrie coming.

Feel like it would give you a significantly better idea of what caliber coach he is.

The raptors core currently seems like a nash esque team. The nets were like the opposite of what Nash’s teams were when he was playing lol

I think this entire season speaks to the parity in the league which is a good thing. Many of us said that teams 1-10 in the West were pretty evenly matched and that no single team was the favorite (Denver should’ve been) and any team could go far. The big surprise is that there was also parity in the East. We were told all year that the top 3 teams in the East were leaps and bounds above any team on the West and certainly teams 4-10 in the East. This wasn’t true and if we look back on it the warning signs were there the second half of the season.
Hmmm ...

The statement about the east in hindsight is was poor because of Miami. If Miami wouldn't have made it, I think this statement would of have aged well. Miami is on some other level right now.

I almost feel like I can’t even judge him as a head coach after the Brooklyn stint. Multiple players with a track record of being uncoachable. Roster with no size and ability to defend.

Would be interested to see how he’d look on a young team that didn’t have expectations like that. Kinda like how Kenny Atkinson had it with Brooklyn prior to KD and Cryrie coming.

Feel like it would give you a significantly better idea of what caliber coach he is.
One of the points of emphasis for Masai this season was his unhappiness with the selfish play on the team and how he didn't enjoy watching them play. While I'd prefer he look elsewhere I can see why he brought in Nash for an interview.

Back
Top Bottom