The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bloodborne was nominated. Witcher 3 won.

It wasn’t up for best soundtrack which was a crock of ****. MGS V won that.

It was a different time back then. Sekirio (which happened to be revealed at TGA 2017 :nerd: )won in 2019

2021 is a year of solid but not spectacular games.

Could the difficulty level have affected it?

Trying to remember if Bloodborne was nominated the year it came out.

:lol: @ RE Village being nominated.

I think it was a combination of that and the bugs(atleast for me)
It's definitely the buggiest game I've played to date on PS5.
Hard crashes were rough, especially with a game that has this play style.
I also found it wild
that they hella reduced the amount of life you get when you return to the ship:lol:

Still think it deserved a nod
Especially for being true next gen
it opened me up to a new genre and playstyle
Usually my GOTY picks always lean toward that

Game studios like all tech companies have run wild and had a survival of the fittest attitude for decades, this is pretendstobeshocked.gif

All my favorite studios have definitely shed blood

Last edited:
Kind of keeping up with this story; Activision's Board is doubling down on supporting Kotick.

And lets be honest, he is a borderline billionaire at this point. The damage is done and he will skate. :smh:

Of course he'll be fine

Its not his job to tell the board about rape allegations and it's not the boards job to inquire about rape allegations, those are matters for employees, studios and the police

This idea that corporations should operate the way progressives think they should is asinine, buy more shares if that's the case

Of course he'll be fine

Its not his job to tell the board about rape allegations and it's not the boards job to inquire about rape allegations, those are matters for employees, studios and the police

This idea that corporations should operate the way progressives think they should is asinine, buy more shares if that's the case

It's "progressive" to expect sexual misconduct to be dealt with appropriately? And to hold company leadership accountable, specifically when they are made aware and choose inaction?

Come on now. I think you are being a little flippant to believe Bobby Kotick shares no fault here.

It's "progressive" to expect sexual misconduct to be dealt with appropriately? And to hold company leadership accountable, specifically when they are made aware and choose inaction?

Come on now. I think you are being a little flippant to believe Bobby Kotick shares no fault here.

You're kidding yourself of you think any of the board members are asking "why didn't he tells about these rape accusations?"

You're kidding yourself if you think any of the shareholders are asking "why didn't they tell us about these rape accusations?"

It's not their job

Sure he could replace studio heads if they were the ones doing it... But chances are they weren't

It's not his job to fire artist 603 or programmer 207, that's on the studio heads

His job is to make everyone money

If institutions want to pull out due to "moral" investing, I haven't heard anything the past few months

This idea that corporate executives should act as the police is nonsense

Last edited:
A CEO is expected to be aware of all facets of a company from finance to ops, emergency planning etc. It would be bizarre to then have the expectation that they not be aware of violent, felonious crime under their watch as well.

Also having sat on a few earnings calls and witnessing how aggressive investors and reporters get with negative publicity like this, they are absolutely asking "why didn't they tell us about these rape accusations?"

Last edited:
For ten thousand people?

Okay, so let's say he's aware of it, what's his job?

And I mean actual job, not made up understanding of what someone thinks their job is

Last edited:
" In 2006, one of his assistants complained that he had harassed her, including by threatening in a voice mail to have her killed, according to people familiar with the matter. He settled the matter out of court, the people said. "

"The WSJ also reports that Kotick himself was the one who drafted the widely criticized letter that was supposedly written by Activision Blizzard exec Frances Townsend. Townsend, a woman, was publicly shamed and saw calls for her resignation. In another letter shared publicly shortly after, Kotick apologized for the “Townsend letter,” saying “our initial responses to the issues we face together, and to your concerns, were, quite frankly, tone deaf.” He apparently didn’t see fit to mention that he drafted it in the first place."

" ...In that second Kotick memo, he announced that Activision Blizzard had hired an independent law firm to review the company’s practices — known union-busting law firm WilmerHale. Since then, the state of California has accused Activision Blizzard and WilmerHale of “withholding and suppressing evidence."

And this is simply scratching the surface of the Wallsteet Journal article.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, but I have to disagree strongly that an expectation of a company's CEO isn't to at the very least address systemic problems that could potentially lead to financial and legal issues.

If people want him gone, it's up to the board and the shareholders

Since when do people with no stake in the company get to make these decisions for them?

Who is arguing that?

With the stock down 14% over the past 12 months, it might not be long until he is seeing some internal resistance.

I knew we had a few boot lickers in here

man threatened to have an employee killed. He should absolutely lose his job for that alone. This is not some he made fun of gays or has different political view thing. He threatened the life of one of his employee. Nobody in any company should be exempt from punishment for that offense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom