The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s 1k not counting the games lol. I’m not sure there are too many people who are that reckless lol

shoot i got the og psvr without the hdr pass thru and had some fun with it. im still on the fence for this psvr 2 with what i know about psvr1 i think ima scoop it as soon as i walk past one on the shelf in a store.

Only game I’m genuinely hyped about this year (so far!)

2B358D5B-9B0F-44AC-B869-6CDDCEF1771A.jpeg

Only game I’m genuinely hyped about this year (so far!)

2B358D5B-9B0F-44AC-B869-6CDDCEF1771A.jpeg

Some changes in the RE4 remake from the Game Informer piece:

• Ashley will not be able to hide in dumpsters as there are none of them in the game.
  • Players can press R3 to have Ashley fall back or follow Leon closely.
  • Ashley does not have health bar. Instead, if she takes too much damage, she falls into a state where needs to be revived. If she takes a hit while in this state, she dies.
  • Laser sights are an upgrade for firearms.
  • The game will surprisingly not feature any QTEs.
  • Leon can carry multiple knives, and the game can be beat with a Knives Only setting.
  • A new crossbow weapon called a Bolt Thrower has been added.
  • There’s a new enemy with a bull mask and a hammer. (This is just one of many new enemies.)
  • Attaché Cases have perks, like increasing ammo drops.

man I just watched episode 3 of last of us and man what a episode I did not know what I was in for. I can't even remember that relationship being in the game? Was it? haven't played the game since the OG

Last edited:
man I just watched episode 3 of last of us and man what a episode I did not know what I was in for. I can't even remember that relationship being in the game? Was it? haven't played the game since the OG

it was alluded to but they fleshed out that relationship compared to the game. Bill & Franks whole backstory was made for the show. i read that part of the game they just go to him for the battery/car.

Some changes in the RE4 remake from the Game Informer piece:

• Ashley will not be able to hide in dumpsters as there are none of them in the game.
  • Players can press R3 to have Ashley fall back or follow Leon closely.
  • Ashley does not have health bar. Instead, if she takes too much damage, she falls into a state where needs to be revived. If she takes a hit while in this state, she dies.
  • Laser sights are an upgrade for firearms.
  • The game will surprisingly not feature any QTEs.
  • Leon can carry multiple knives, and the game can be beat with a Knives Only setting.
  • A new crossbow weapon called a Bolt Thrower has been added.
  • There’s a new enemy with a bull mask and a hammer. (This is just one of many new enemies.)
  • Attaché Cases have perks, like increasing ammo drops.
Im interested now.

What’s wrong with playing with SEALs, Delta, etc?

You can easily weave a campaign, appeal to pro military, and have a great multiplayer.

Jumping Flash looks like a great VR application.

What happened to Infamous?

Drive Club to compete with Horizon?

Are there any other unit comparisons say Madden, 2K, CoD? I guess Nintendo is probably up there with those Pokémon games. And Zelda going to crush it.

It’s 1k not counting the games lol. I’m not sure there are too many people who are that reckless lol

Reckless? Lmao… that made me chuckle. Especially here on a sneaker fetish forum…

PSVR is priced perfectly for what you get... Price is not the issue, it’s just a niche product. It essentially costs the same as PSVR1 in 2016…

PCVR = $1500 (For a "reasonable" experience)

PSVR1 = $960 ($400 console + $400 headset + $100 controllers + $60 camera)

PSVR2 = $1050 ($500 + $550 for Dual 4K OLED, eye tracking, 120 refresh, controllers included, cameras built-in)

Last edited:
Newest Pokemon games sold 10 million copies in the first 3 days.

For comparison's sake, Microsofts biggest gaming franchise, Flight Simulator, has sold just about 10 million copies as well.

I assume it's Microsofts biggest franchise, as they haven't released any other games since I was a small boy. (Or so it seems).

Oh wait, it seems they released a Halo game recently.

2 million whole copies sold! Wowee!

TLDR: Microsoft should buy Nintendo.

For comparison's sake, Microsofts biggest gaming franchise, Flight Simulator, has sold just about 10 million copies as well.

I assume it's Microsofts biggest franchise, as they haven't released any other games since I was a small boy. (Or so it seems).

Forza Horizon 5 hit 10 mil in about a month if I remember correctly.
I have no clue how gamepass players factor into these numbers though

In all seriousness, you are right, their numbers are difficult to show in direct comparison with other companies due to Gamepass.

And assuming the Activision deal goes through, COD's numbers will fall under their umbrella. Just as important, Blizzard franchises as well. Diablo and Warcraft always have big numbers.

I cant find total sales numbers for COD MW2, just that it was the fastest selling in franchise history. Some crude math would say its sold 18-20 million in the first two weeks.

Elden Ring was at 17.5 million and CODMW2 past it after 10 days on the market.

I would just ignore the PSVR2 rumours from Bloomberg at this point. The original piece about Sony forecasting 2 million was their rumour in the first place. Sony never confirmed the 2 million sales target.

GOW is a beast. 11 Million in 3 months. 4 times faster than the first game. Yea Sony is not putting games for free on day 1 anytime soon.

TV show also coming and PC release down the line means 30 Million should easily be reachable. GOW 2018 is at 23 Mill.

Sony's probably going to run it back with Spider-Man 2. Without the supply issues and a bigger install base by the time the game comes out. It could retake the title for fastest selling first party game but 11 Mill in 3 months is going to be tough.

Animal Crossing has moved like 40 mil
I just meant since release not lifetime. Nintendo is crushing it lol.

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 48.41 million units sold
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 40.17 million units sold
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 29.53 million units sold
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 27.79 million units sold
  5. Pokemon Sword/Shield – 25.37 million units sold
  6. Super Mario Odyssey – 24.40 million units sold
  7. Super Mario Part – 18.35 million units sold
  8. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 14.92 million units sold
  9. Ring Fit Adventure – 14.87 million units sold
  10. Pokemon Let’s Go – 14.81 million units sold

The Microsoft numbers being cited seem dubious at best. And is Flight Simulator XSX AND PC? And does a Game Pass download and install count as a sale?

Elden Ring and CoD (and I’m sure Madden and 2K) are all probably crushing it.

Did Sony release #s for Horizon 2?

Back
Top Bottom