The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so basically people are more interested on knowing the numbers/units sold before they purchase a game or make it relevant? how pathetic.

The sales expectations for a fighting game differ from a AAA 3rd person action rpg.

For a fighting game or for Street Fighter? I’d like to think MK1 is going to easily sell a few million right out the gate.

Either way, 3M for FF XVI in a week should be considered a success. It’s on one platform with an install base of around 38M.

For a fighting game or for Street Fighter? I’d like to think MK1 is going to easily sell a few million right out the gate.

Either way, 3M for FF XVI in a week should be considered a success. It’s on one platform with an install base of around 38M.
it's a fail because it's not on mobile......

Attachments

• FTGAaJaUcAEluHU.png
    FTGAaJaUcAEluHU.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 162
Everybody who wanted one has a ps5 now right?

Cuz between the past 2 days and today I've been hit with like 50 alerts about good deals on ps5s from Walmart and a few other places.

Last edited:
Everybody who wanted one has a ps5 now right?

Cuz between the past 2 days and today I've been hit with like 50 alerts about good deals on a pay from Walmart and a few other places.

It's been so easy since holiday season last year. Sony's direct website always has stock for both the disc and digital console versions.

Does that mean it was a flop? I read that FF XVI was a flop because it only sold 3M on one platform.

:lol:

Congrats to Capcom :smokin

I also read FF XVI had a gay relationship, but it wasn't the right gay relationship.

Some of these "game journalists" are really just folks who like writing tweets in article form.

The haters have been out in full force because the game is exclusive. You'd notice the opposite sentiment with Persona recently with its recent releases.
Game was hated on before release and luckly the demo repaired a lot of the damage.

Once they saw FFXVI got good reviews and sold well worldwide, they pivoted to dumping on it's Japanese sales as if Japan hasn't been moving from handhelds from consoles.
It sold more than Elden Ring across PS4 + PS5 in Japan but nobody wants to hear that kind of reasoning.

Never seen a game get nit picked for so much stuff that other games get away with.

The sales expectations for a fighting game differ from a AAA 3rd person action rpg.

FF is front loaded while SF is consistent over time. They actually kind of end up with the same sales once it's all said and done.

So 2 Million for SF this fast is a good start because Capcom games usually have good legs so should easily reach 10 Mill since its a good game.

I expect FFXVI to also reach 10 Million. Lots of room for price drops, BF bundles and off course PC release.

Last edited:
The haters have been out in full force because the game is not exclusive. You'd notice the opposite sentiment with Persona recently with its recent releases.
Game was hated on before release and luckly the demo repaired a lot of the damage.

Once they saw FFXVI got good reviews and sold well worldwide, they pivoted to dumping on it's Japanese sales as if Japan hasn't been moving from handhelds from consoles.
It sold more than Elden Ring across PS4 + PS5 in Japan but nobody wants to hear that kind of reasoning.

Never seen a game get nit picked for so much stuff that other games get away with.
game is hated because it was financially successful? the stupidity of fanboyism.

I won't mind a game(?) being hated because of a controversy like this........

Attachments

• FTGAaJaUcAEluHU.png
    FTGAaJaUcAEluHU.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 455
One of the best conference moments ever.

That has to be demoralizing though. Announcing a new game in a franchise to its most rabid fans in-person, just to have them turn on you in real-time.

what's up with the ps5 not being able to download or install multiple games/updates?

PS4 could..

Man, I forgot about that!

Isnt it like a FMV or something? Like, no interaction at all?
More or less. Their budget ran out so they had to make FMVs of all the important events in the second disc. The only thing you played was the final dungeon if I remember correctly. :lol:

Wow, I never knew that. The way they localized RPGs back in the day was disrespectful.

I would love to see a remake of Ace Combat 3 with all the anime cutscenes.

Back
Top Bottom