The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ordered this for my PS5 in 2TB, how is it and does it really improve the performance?

IMG_5126.jpeg

"Spider-Man 2 is in the same ball-park as the first game in terms of overall play time," explains Ryan Smith, senior game director at Insomniac Games, in a full interview with VG247. "And we really thought about how to make each of the moments a little more epic, or a little deeper, or a little more story-integrated."

For what it's worth, HowLongToBeat lists Marvel's Spider-Man as about 17 hours in length, with a 34½ hours completion time for anyone that wants to strive for the Platinum or 100% completion.

Dumb question: Do HDMI cords make that big of a difference? I think I bought some "expensive" ones pre the 4k era and it didnt really make a difference. Im currently using the one that came with the PS5, should I invest in a third party HDMI? Yes my TV is 4k.

The standard cable that comes with it is all you need. The cables do make a difference, but the only thing you need to know is that it is an ultra high speed cable.

Let me know if you’d recommend it. I was playing online MK the other night and it was super addicting 😂 even if I couldn’t win lmao
Ok I got about 3.5 hours in and defeated a few mini bosses and the first main boss. I recommend it but I'm not going to say it's perfect or a Bloodborne clone :lol:
You don't hav to parry in this game but it helps a lot and it takes some skill, imo. I feel like parrying is easier in Sekiro. I feel like I have to wait until the very last minute before making an attempt otherwise I just get hit and take massive damage.
stay lurkin stay lurkin can chime in, he's playing it too and a little further than me.

Not sure where dude who posted this got this clip from, but yeah this is shaping up to be a great sequel. :pimp:

PO

Didn't expect to wake up to the FTC leaking every Xbox stuff to the whole internet. Apparently someone only redacted the first page of the document and not the content.

Anyway, I thought the leaks about their next gen console could give us an idea of where Sony or just gaming in general could also go in the future.

1695114743846.png

1695114759873.png

1695114833399.png

1695116881606.png

1695117388764.png

• Next gen in 2028 so 5 more years of PS5/XSX
  • XSX Refresh is digital only so will that mean no physical for next gen?
  • MS could go the Apple route and switch to ARM from x86 just like Apple went from Intel chips to M2. Not sure what that means for backwards compatibility.
  • Power of the cloud is back. It was the main statement for MS back in 2013 and it was meant to power games like Forza and Crackdown but it was too early back then but should work next gen. Makes sense why they're considering ARM.
  • Expect a lot of the AI and ML tech we already see now like DLSS to make it in the new consoles, possibly with custom hardware too. More powerful consoles plus more efficient rendering techniques could mean the 60fps could be the norm throughout the generation.

Next gen could be wild. Not keen on no physical games but it could be happening.
I'm in 2 minds about cloud hybrid games as it means some of those games will be useless when the server gets turned off if they rely heavily on cloud processing. That being said, it could provide experiences we've not had before so we'll see.

I'm all for putting in more custom hardware to give us great performance. We saw that with PS5's SSD and decompression hardware and I expect more next gen. Good to see the trend of consoles innovating and not just be a budget PC.

We could also have Sony, MS and Nintendo all having completely different hardware and design. Exciting times.

Xbox leaks are wild and interesting. I’m just glad they have a decent amount of games in the pipeline.

How are y’all feeling about the state of PlayStation? It really seems like the Activision deal got them on the ropes. I for sure thought we’d know more about what they have coming in the future. They seem more concerned with pushing out hardware and peripherals that seem like they’re DOA.

How are y’all feeling about the state of PlayStation? It really seems like the Activision deal got them on the ropes. I for sure thought we’d know more about what they have coming in the future. They seem more concerned with pushing out hardware and peripherals that seem like they’re DOA.

I think it's the other way round with MS being on the ropes. Sony is actually stealing market share from them when you compare PS5 vs Series sales to PS4 vs XBO. They've been able to sort out the shortages and are now doing aggressive sales while MS is struggling.

If MS going with a mid gen refresh that is digital only then it could get worse. It will leave Sony with most of the retail prescence and the digital PS5 will be $100 cheaper at $399.
Then if the rumored PS5 pro is coming out, it would be the only current gen "Pro" console.

For Sony, it's looking good but there's still some concerns.
They did mention they had delays with 1st party titles. Stuff like TLOU Factions and Stellar Blade and we barely saw anything from those 2 live service games in the last showcase.
PSVR 2 and Portal are not big gambles IMO so those succeeding or failing won't have a long term effect. We just need to see more of the future games. Everything else is solid.

They got the COD deal which is really what they needed from Activision but they just need to try and cement their place this gen because MS is coming and will come hard when all their studios are fully integrated and start pumping out games on a regular.

Im not worried. Anything they might lose in that deal, I'm confident Sony can offer something just as good, if not better. Most of Sony's first party exclusives are ******* BANGER. Thats how we even got here. Like D Double said, PS still has COD, that all you really need. Aint nobody worried about Ubisoft. I dont even play Assassin's Creed and Im tired of those games.

I'll only offer this on the M$/Sony gaming front since I'm such a niche user...

The only reason I've kept my Series-X this long was in anticipation of the latest Forza Motorsport... and after seeing both the gameplay footage and reviews from the beta testers over the last week, I wouldn't buy that sheet even if I was still waiting/starving for GT7 to release. What an utter shame.... truly disgusted. I am still hoping we find out that the trial version YouTubers are sampling is a crap build but this close to release without an embargo - I highly doubt it. Sad stuff after such a long wait... Not even worth going into detail.

Sidebar: I hadn't been using my PSVR2 for a long stint after making some changes to the field of view on my driving rig but jumped back in this past Saturday morning. For GT7, it is simply amazing what Sony has given us with that combo. Was completely re-wowed and went from 6 to 11am like it was nothing - sim racing bliss. M$ has no answer for that...

-The Series X is a more powerful console, their services are better on the back of GamePass alone, and while it doesn't have the blockbuster 3rd person on Sony's level, they have arguably a more diverse line-up of games.

Last year I believe it was the highest rated publisher on Metacritic

That wasn't the case last generation

I mean more people prefer PlayStation, so more people buy it. Phil conceded multiple times they probably won't be able to get equal market share in consoles

But it would be foolish to act like PlayStation outsells Xbox purely on which provides better value or performance.

Network effects, incumbency, and market power play a major role. Xbox lost the worse generation to lose.

-And what was Phil suppose to say to his staff?

We're ******? All your work is for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom