The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad Religion Bad Religion hownlong did it take you to plat Death Stranding? Anything missable that I should worry about? I’m playing it on Hard difficulty.

Also when it rains, is there anything I can do to avoid my cargo being damaged. I just lost everything :lol: I didn’t see any shelter

It took about 80-90 hours, but probably could be done faster. I really enjoyed the game so I did a ton of exploring early on by foot. The things to focus on early are:

- Repair roads. It makes travel much, much easier.
- If you can find a bike or truck, use those as much as you can. It can hold more, get you somewhere faster, and protects the cargo a bit.
- Find the best lines to walk when forced to go on foot. Use your ladders and ropes as much as possible. Get exo-skeletons ASAP.
- Unlock prepper/facilities as early as possible. Huge help on hard when you need items.
- Avoid the rain until you can built shelters or have a backpack cover.
BT's can be deadly on hard so try to avoid them unless you can't. I always crouched, as it seemed to help balance the cargo and allowed me to sneak by them quickly,

Always remember the game gets easier and easier the further you go. From walking, to riding, to roads, to ziplines. the hardest deliveries become almost trivial later on. So leave collectibles and the majority of Legend deliveries until Chapter 10-11.

The last thing I will say is that remember... This is Kojima. The story is supposed to be insane. It does actually make sense at the end, but I found myself thinking that he really does love to do things just because he can. :lol:

Target came through in the clutch:
46F1C760-F9E7-4335-B6AE-3EA6D9225BA0.jpeg

It took about 80-90 hours, but probably could be done faster. I really enjoyed the game so I did a ton of exploring early on by foot. The things to focus on early are:

- Repair roads. It makes travel much, much easier.
- If you can find a bike or truck, use those as much as you can. It can hold more, get you somewhere faster, and protects the cargo a bit.
- Find the best lines to walk when forced to go on foot. Use your ladders and ropes as much as possible. Get exo-skeletons ASAP.
- Unlock prepper/facilities as early as possible. Huge help on hard when you need items.
- Avoid the rain until you can built shelters or have a backpack cover.
BT's can be deadly on hard so try to avoid them unless you can't. I always crouched, as it seemed to help balance the cargo and allowed me to sneak by them quickly,

Always remember the game gets easier and easier the further you go. From walking, to riding, to roads, to ziplines. the hardest deliveries become almost trivial later on. So leave collectibles and the majority of Legend deliveries until Chapter 10-11.

The last thing I will say is that remember... This is Kojima. The story is supposed to be insane. It does actually make sense at the end, but I found myself thinking that he really does love to do things just because he can. :lol:

These are all great tips! Thanks for this. I'm still working my way through the early stages, and there have been a few times I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but just like you said, "This is Kojima," so I kept pushing on. Things are starting to make sense and I am learning how to move around better.

Another note I'd like to add is to use the map! Trying to mark a path doesn't always work, because I have ended up having to double back because the path I put went over ridiculously high mountains that I couldn't go through.
I have also ended up in rain almost every journey, and I've made it through because I make sure to pack the container repair spray. For me, I rough it through everything and once I reach my destination, drop the cargo, spray it down, and deliver. If there's a better or more effective way, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom