The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

They really should have. Getting Sega early in would have been the perfect trojan horse to actually sell in Japan... just calling it the Sega Xbox in Japan would have made a huge difference imo. Also having all the Atlus games exclusive. Id rather have Bungie making Halo instead of CoD exclusive toi.

When does Left Behind take place in the Last of Us universe? I’m finally trying to finish up Season 1 of the show, just got to that specific episode.

Edit: Guess I could have just watched lol.

Last edited:
Man I know I'm late as fk, but playing LOU2 now and I got up to the part where you play as Abby and boy did that just take me out of the experience.

I was really getting into the story, but I just don't like how they are forcing you to empathize with this character, there is nothing good about her.

Might just stop and watch a video on how it ends....so very disappointing.

I kind of liked the switch and thought they did a good job establishing her motivations. But I understand it not working for everyone. When the game released, it was a 50-50 split of people in the thread who hated it and people who loved it.

I kind of liked the switch and thought they did a good job establishing her motivations. But I understand it not working for everyone. When the game released, it was a 50-50 split of people in the thread who hated it and people who loved it.

I get why they did it....now if only the motivations made sense....that would have been a different story. I am 1 hour into playing her character and everything I've experience thus far is a bunch of hypocrisy on her end, doesn't make me want to continue playing her character.

$300. Man I will never be good at this game.

It would have if it on a "Japanese" console... we all know how Xenophobic the Japanese are.

I don't think its even that because PlayStation is not lighting up the charts there either. It's doing OK while Switch dominates over there. All the big hitters from Square and Capcom don't sell like they used to in Japan anymore because the market is more handheld and mobile centric now.

There's only 460K Series consoles in Japan compared to 3.7 Million PS5's. Persona or Yakuza going exclusive will mean giving up the domestic market because no game will see good sales with that install base. Best thing will be to keep it multiplatform and slap it day 1 Gamepass for the west.

Microsoft should have bought Sega and released the Xbox as a Sega console in Japan. The OG Xbox. Do you understand what I am trying to say now?

I get why they did it....now if only the motivations made sense....that would have been a different story. I am 1 hour into playing her character and everything I've experience thus far is a bunch of hypocrisy on her end, doesn't make me want to continue playing her character.
Keep playing it. Her story does get better after the first part. She’s got one of the best fights in the game. It’ll come around

Glad I've done all of the side quests available so far in the game.

Finally decided to finish Jedi Survivor again after being disappointed the first few times I played it.

The technical issues sadly remain throughout, I had to turn off performance mode to get the frame rate to stabilize. Game definitely feels and looks like a PS3/PS4 era game at times, but the story is interesting enough to keep going.

I'm at 43% game progress and 18 hours of game play for FF XVI according to my PS5 dashboard. That's with me doing all of the side quests available so far and I'm at level 26.

I'm playing on quality mode on my 50" LG C1 OLED TV and have the game installed on my M.2 internal SSD 2TB WD Black and have not had problems with my PS5 overheating and shutting down while playing FF XVI.

Jedi story finally picked up in the 3rd act. Took me forever to platinum that game because of the bounty glitch. Had to wait whole month for them to patch it in.

Been having a lot of fun with sf6. There was the first big tournament for it this past weekend and that was a fun watch too. Surprisingly a Blanka won.

Ken is my main, just started using Jamie too and he’s awesome. Just a little complex because you’ve gotta have different go to combos for his different drink levels.

Final Fantasy XVI OST Ultimate Edition soundtrack is up for pre order now on Amazon:

final-fantasy-16-soundtrack-preorder-1687886406909.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI OST Ultimate Edition

Ships at the end of July.

Man I know I'm late as fk, but playing LOU2 now and I got up to the part where you play as Abby and boy did that just take me out of the experience.

I was really getting into the story, but I just don't like how they are forcing you to empathize with this character, there is nothing good about her.

Might just stop and watch a video on how it ends....so very disappointing.
Do you know why Abby is doing what she does? I thought her motivation was pretty clear and justifiable.

I’m riding for my Pops, I can’t let that slide. Also when we put our bias feelings to the side, we can all admit Joel was a ****ty person too. We saw a scaled back Joel. Who knows what he was doing the previous 20 years before he met Ellie.

Watched Max's playthrough of the first 4 hours and it looks like I need to exploit the combat system even more. Not utilising Torgal enough and some of the skills.
Need to get back into it.

Been having a lot of fun with sf6. There was the first big tournament for it this past weekend and that was a fun watch too. Surprisingly a Blanka won.

Ken is my main, just started using Jamie too and he’s awesome. Just a little complex because you’ve gotta have different go to combos for his different drink levels.

Tournament was hyped. Surprised to see a lot of Juri's but hardly any JP's in the top 16. I know not everyone went to the tournament but still.

Everyone's going to be labbing against Blanka too. Seems he can just throw out Blanka balls constantly :lol:
I wish Jamie got to keep his drink levels like Manon after each round. Seems to be the number 1 thing holding him back.

Happy to see this game is fun to watch at the high level like 4 and 5. Can't wait for Akuma

Microsoft should have bought Sega and released the Xbox as a Sega console in Japan. The OG Xbox. Do you understand what I am trying to say now?

Got you.
What a timeline that would've been and it would've made the most sense. Sega wanted Dreamcast games to be compatible on the OG Xbox but MS didn't want it.

Back
Top Bottom