The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Just wow. Double fault to end the game.

Great played, Nole!
Won in six straight sets against Nadal on clay this year. What a beast.

Wishing Rafa a speedy recovery. I would like to see him to win one more time at Roland Garros in the future. Maybe next year.

Wishing Rafa a speedy recovery. I would like to see him to win one more time at Roland Garros in the future. Maybe next year.
He's fully fit... just trying to find his form and confidence.

Lol, this'll mean nothing if Nole doesn't beat Andy and Jo/Stan. 

Damn... double fault on match point.
mean.gif

Loved the muted celebration from Nole. It should be really interesting to see how he handles the pressure the rest of the way now that he's finally beaten Nadal.

Please don't tell me this is the end of Rafa :frown:

**** man...I know he's been hurt all year and Joker played amazing so maybe he can just rest up a long time and come back

Last edited:
Guys, like I said, Rafa's not hurt.  He was from basically Wimbledon on-wards last year but has pretty much recovered.  He doesn't need more rest... he needs more matches to get back into his rhythm.  Mentally not quite there yet as well. 

Suppose you are right. I guess I am just used with seeing him get hurt.

I still can't believe Rafa lost in three straight sets.

Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros · 1h1 hour ago
"There is only one sure thing, I want to work even harder than before to come back stronger." A determined #Nadal looks forward to RG 2016

Last edited:
Nole is one of my favorite players. He went from acting like a clown on and off the court to a dominant beast. He got serious about his craft and the results are amazing.

On a side note, I think the enforcement of rules in tennis is a joke. Everyone knows Rafa and Maria take an excessive amount of time in between points but they are rarely called on it. Excessive grunting should receive a hindrance warning but players like Maria change the pitch and tone of their grunts at different points of the match. Last, but not least, most of the players continue to receive illegal on court coaching and yet they rarely get Warned. Either change the rules or enforce them.

Last edited:
Suppose you are right. I guess I am just used with seeing him get hurt.
That's for sure... the guy has had more than his share of injuries.  

Same goes for players like Delpo, Soderling, Robson and the list goes on. 

Murray won't be an easy opponent by any means. He's been playing excellent tennis. As weird as it sounds, I'm sure Djokovic wished he could have played Ferrer on this surface instead of Andy. If Nole is able win in the semis, it still doesn't guarantee he'll win the title. Honestly, I think all of the men left are very dangerous threats that are capable of defeating the World No. 1.

On another note, congrats to Li Na on giving birth to a baby girl.

Murray always plays excellent tennis until he plays Novak who has owned him since he blew 2 slams in a row to him. There's nothing wrong with Rafa honestly the injuries, Father Time, and his playing style are just starting to catch up with him.

Didn't realize he's already 29.

kornheiser on pti talking about tennis made me cringe. Saying how Novak might not be spoken about as highly as Federer and nadal. His reasoning was nadal faced a still in his prime Federer and Novak didn't. Um hello, Novak has faced a prime nadal and played him pretty well. He said even if Djokovic gets to 14-15 Majors it wouldn't mean much, I hate wilbon but was glad he called him crazy.

Didn't realize he's already 29.

kornheiser on pti talking about tennis made me cringe. Saying how Novak might not be spoken about as highly as Federer and nadal. His reasoning was nadal faced a still in his prime Federer and Novak didn't. Um hello, Novak has faced a prime nadal and played him pretty well. He said even if Djokovic gets to 14-15 Majors it wouldn't mean much, I hate wilbon but was glad he called him crazy.

ESPN personalities are a joke when it comes to sports that aren't super popular in the states and they're dumb about the popular ones too.

We don't get US-ESPN, but do they normally comment on tennis???

Anyway, finally some close-ups...

Rafael+Nadal+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+uRnfSYwB-2Nx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+M9j3vsT8ZI3x.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+VFtGvnHkRu0x.jpg

American espn shows will talk about tennis for maybe 2-4 minutes. Maybe a little longer if a big name player goes down.

Ana out there flourishing right now.

Back
Top Bottom