The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

2015+French+Open+Day+Twelve+Xsb1wGNmHLYx.jpg

Timea's having a breakout season. Two titles, four Top 10 wins (Kvitova x2, Makarova, Aga) and now a career-high #15 in the world... Most of her losses have been against top players. She should definitely be proud of everything she's accomplished so far this season.

Wanted to see Ana win, but it's nice to see Safarova reach her first GS final. She has a shot of making the doubles final as well.

Last edited:
Nole is one of my favorite players. He went from acting like a clown on and off the court to a dominant beast. He got serious about his craft and the results are amazing.
Hater-jokes aside... I've said this before, and while I wouldn't call him one of my favs, I completely agree with you on this.  He's really got his ish together and improved... nothing but respect for that. 

Anyway, forgot my pre-semi pics.

Novak+Djokovic+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+As9oOZE5Vl5x.jpg

Andy+Murray+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+C1Gv57i5NCCx.jpg

I agree 100% SP. I was not a Nole fan back in the day but his willingness to get serious about his craft and challenge Rafa and Fed made me a fan. I appreciate greatness and players living up to their potential which is why I respect players like Rafa, Nole, Fed and Serena because when it's all said and done, we probably won't see players like them come along for a very long time.

true the wind was looking wild out there and the darkness. it looked funny when he did the hand gesture though :lol:

until tomorrow i suppose

It should have never gone into a fourth set.
mean.gif

Suspending play benefitted Nole the most. Looks like his legs died on him in that third set (same thing happened to Andy in the Oz Open final). He better try to end things quickly tomorrow...

Last edited:
The women's final is very interesting. Lucie is playing lights out and has tons of momentum. Serena hasn't looked great and is fighting illness but she's still Serena . I'm interested to see how it goes down. Should be a good match

Back
Top Bottom