THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

HybridSoldier23 wrote:

Care to elaborate?

And anytime a piece of work is based off of something that is already established there is going to be complaints. There are plenty of examples where TV shows or movies have done things right and there are plenty of examples where they've done it wrong. But to take away the discussion about the original source material vs. the new material is to a disservice to the material in both mediums.

I don't see anything wrong with opinions for or against what's going on with the production. That's what this thread should be for, opinion and discussion about the direction of the TV show.

Ah, I see. I was mistaking dissapointment in the different materials for a general dislike towards the show. I can see that, but the show's storyline itself is ,imo, very compelling. Enough violence and gore, yet omitting only the most violent and hideous traits of human nature shown in the comics. The violence in the comics almost made me not want to read. But the genius of the comics was that they made me care enough about the characters to want to know what happens..

Originally Posted by Rhino So

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm guessing Doc probably whispered that his wife is preggo seeing as they all got their blood tested.
And it ends up being Shane's?

Scandalous.
awww snap!

2hwfj21.gif

why they driving in four separate whips tho? wouldnt it be smarter to store all the gas for one or two rides.

why they driving in four separate whips tho? wouldnt it be smarter to store all the gas for one or two rides.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm guessing Doc probably whispered that his wife is preggo seeing as they all got their blood tested.

The finale wasn't really that good, but that's my opinion. As a season, the first half captured my attention, but probably around the Vato episode onwards, I found myself fast forwarding through the episodes. The dialogue/plot all seemed predictable. Also, I've never read the graphic novels, so I came into this blind.
Same here never read the comics. I didn't really like the last half of the season compared the first half. The only thing good about the Vatos episode was the zombie attack at the end and the last two episodes were okay nothing memorable. Now I don't know if changing the story from the comic had an impact on me or not but I'm still excited to see how Season 2 goes.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

The finale wasn't really that good, but that's my opinion. As a season, the first half captured my attention, but probably around the Vato episode onwards, I found myself fast forwarding through the episodes. The dialogue/plot all seemed predictable. Also, I've never read the graphic novels, so I came into this blind.
Same here never read the comics. I didn't really like the last half of the season compared the first half. The only thing good about the Vatos episode was the zombie attack at the end and the last two episodes were okay nothing memorable. Now I don't know if changing the story from the comic had an impact on me or not but I'm still excited to see how Season 2 goes.

Andrea wasn't bitten.  She's just bummed about her sister.

I agree that doctor either whispered about Lori being pregnant or

Spoiler [+]
told him how everyone is already infected

Andrea wasn't bitten.  She's just bummed about her sister.

I agree that doctor either whispered about Lori being pregnant or

Spoiler [+]
told him how everyone is already infected

When they showed Shane drinking during the shower montage, I found that hilariously sad.
Also, when the redneck was going to town on the window with the axe, then black dude comes with a chair thinking it'll do work
laugh.gif
, c'mon son.

When they showed Shane drinking during the shower montage, I found that hilariously sad.
Also, when the redneck was going to town on the window with the axe, then black dude comes with a chair thinking it'll do work
laugh.gif
, c'mon son.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

As someone who read/reads the comics that was disappointing.

Even looking at it as series progression I think it was a cop out. What progression was made during this episode? They know that the whole world was effed? I think they all should have suspected that, yet they all act like it's some huge revelation that they're screwed.

If I wasn't bias to the comics I would probably give this episode a 8.5/10. However, with the wealth of plot twists and situations at their disposal just from even the first 10-15 issues this turned out to be like a 6/10 for me.

Anyone else feel me or am I alone on this one?

Spoiler [+]
If they wanted to get hype for next season they should have at least alluded to the Governor and the prison or at least had Shane get murked. I knew Andrea wasn't going to eat it because of her role in comics. Had they killed her off I would have stopped watching right then and there. So there was little tension in this episode for me
grin.gif
I agree.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

As someone who read/reads the comics that was disappointing.

Even looking at it as series progression I think it was a cop out. What progression was made during this episode? They know that the whole world was effed? I think they all should have suspected that, yet they all act like it's some huge revelation that they're screwed.

If I wasn't bias to the comics I would probably give this episode a 8.5/10. However, with the wealth of plot twists and situations at their disposal just from even the first 10-15 issues this turned out to be like a 6/10 for me.

Anyone else feel me or am I alone on this one?

Spoiler [+]
If they wanted to get hype for next season they should have at least alluded to the Governor and the prison or at least had Shane get murked. I knew Andrea wasn't going to eat it because of her role in comics. Had they killed her off I would have stopped watching right then and there. So there was little tension in this episode for me
grin.gif
I agree.

Anyone know around which comic # this finale episodes events took place in? Just downloaded 1-72 and wanna start where the finale ended

Anyone know around which comic # this finale episodes events took place in? Just downloaded 1-72 and wanna start where the finale ended

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

the finale events didn't happen in the comic. everything after the attack on the camp's new for the series.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

the finale events didn't happen in the comic. everything after the attack on the camp's new for the series.

Anyone else think it odd when he (the doctor) replayed the scene(s) leading up to having to shoot his wife (TS-19) he did not show any emotion?

Man, I know it was day 194 @ the CDC under lockdown plus but to watch your own wife succumb to the disease, then see all the symptoms, then have to shoot her to save yourself.... I'd be a touch torn up seeing it again on big screen. Altho they did it big CSI style.

I guess he wanted to take some people with him when he got nuked.

I think next season the writers have big shoes to fill making the rest of this story work out... From what I've read online (have not read the comic, sorry) this deviation from the comic plotline has got all you guys & other fans divided.

In any case. I'll be waiting (like Merle) for the next season.

Anyone else think it odd when he (the doctor) replayed the scene(s) leading up to having to shoot his wife (TS-19) he did not show any emotion?

Man, I know it was day 194 @ the CDC under lockdown plus but to watch your own wife succumb to the disease, then see all the symptoms, then have to shoot her to save yourself.... I'd be a touch torn up seeing it again on big screen. Altho they did it big CSI style.

I guess he wanted to take some people with him when he got nuked.

I think next season the writers have big shoes to fill making the rest of this story work out... From what I've read online (have not read the comic, sorry) this deviation from the comic plotline has got all you guys & other fans divided.

In any case. I'll be waiting (like Merle) for the next season.

That had to be the cruelest $+** I have seen on TV, when the old guy poured out his heart to give Andrea the will to live, but not a damn person could give a $+** about the black lady, 3 feet away from her. Oh, you gonna stay to burn alive? Aight, be easy.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I bet Jim or that latino family woulda wanted her to live.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a little disappointed though. They could have done more. All the characters just took a backseat so they could shower and get drunk. And the only thing they did was say ... no...maybe I don't want to get flash-cremated today. If this whole episode was gonna be about Jenner and TS-19, it would've meant so much more to us if we could've seen her. If they would've had a flashback like they did for Shane at the hospital. You can't just drop all the dramatic and emotional beats on a last minute plot twist from a character we met five minutes ago and (at least I did) thought was a serial killer for most of the episode.

The one who really pushed the story was Shane. Dude killed it from the beginning to the end. I mean, I do hope he dies slow, +@@+*@%!%+#*, trying to take the (|).
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
But still, I just wanted more, mostly because it sucks the season's over.

I got faith in Season 2 though. 11 month wait�
tired.gif

I mean where else is $+** like this?

Spoiler [+]
30bfu2o.jpg

That had to be the cruelest $+** I have seen on TV, when the old guy poured out his heart to give Andrea the will to live, but not a damn person could give a $+** about the black lady, 3 feet away from her. Oh, you gonna stay to burn alive? Aight, be easy.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I bet Jim or that latino family woulda wanted her to live.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a little disappointed though. They could have done more. All the characters just took a backseat so they could shower and get drunk. And the only thing they did was say ... no...maybe I don't want to get flash-cremated today. If this whole episode was gonna be about Jenner and TS-19, it would've meant so much more to us if we could've seen her. If they would've had a flashback like they did for Shane at the hospital. You can't just drop all the dramatic and emotional beats on a last minute plot twist from a character we met five minutes ago and (at least I did) thought was a serial killer for most of the episode.

The one who really pushed the story was Shane. Dude killed it from the beginning to the end. I mean, I do hope he dies slow, +@@+*@%!%+#*, trying to take the (|).
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
But still, I just wanted more, mostly because it sucks the season's over.

I got faith in Season 2 though. 11 month wait�
tired.gif

I mean where else is $+** like this?

Spoiler [+]
30bfu2o.jpg

11 months!? is that confirmed? and shane isnt a bad guy, he got drunk and got rough, but thats all it was. hes got a lot of stress and no family.

11 months!? is that confirmed? and shane isnt a bad guy, he got drunk and got rough, but thats all it was. hes got a lot of stress and no family.

Back
Top Bottom