These WSHH videos are killing us.

Some music videos are basically pr0n
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i dont care about the site or the videos...

what annoys me is when people post them on here on some 'we gotta do better' tip. if they are so concerned with doing better we dont need them to post more examples...they can get their point across with out spreading the videos...

i visit the site regularly but i just skip over the BS...except some of the uncut stuff
laugh.gif

Exacty why are we RE-posting them.  But for real I don't visit that site anymore.  I stopped over a year ago.  If something on there is great enough I'll see it elsewhere.  

WSHH is a business and they know how many people go to the site and they know what videos are bring the most views.  WSHH knows what they doing and while it may bring in money it's terrible for our people. 

But everytime you click on that site and one of its videos you are helping them.  Image if nobody visited for a day? That dude Q would freak out.  That's his business but I'm not sure people are aware of what they are doing when they visit.  You can't say I don't support WSHH but I still go there.    

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Its only damaging to us because white people dont realize that one black person doesnt speak for the entire black community. Until people stop generalizing black people we cant advance ourselves.

Really?
You ask people to stop generalizing black people RIGHT AFTER generalizing white people. 
laugh.gif

But I understand what you are getting at. Alot of white people do think stereotypes = truth. I also believe, though, that generation by generation those number dwindle as you get younger.
QFE

Guy basically just called all white people ignorant racists. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i dont care about the site or the videos...

what annoys me is when people post them on here on some 'we gotta do better' tip. if they are so concerned with doing better we dont need them to post more examples...they can get their point across with out spreading the videos...

i visit the site regularly but i just skip over the BS...except some of the uncut stuff
laugh.gif

Exacty why are we RE-posting them.  But for real I don't visit that site anymore.  I stopped over a year ago.  If something on there is great enough I'll see it elsewhere.  

WSHH is a business and they know how many people go to the site and they know what videos are bring the most views.  WSHH knows what they doing and while it may bring in money it's terrible for our people. 

But everytime you click on that site and one of its videos you are helping them.  Image if nobody visited for a day? That dude Q would freak out.  That's his business but I'm not sure people are aware of what they are doing when they visit.  You can't say I don't support WSHH but I still go there.    

Its only damaging to us because white people dont realize that one black person doesnt speak for the entire black community. Until people stop generalizing black people we cant advance ourselves.

Really?
You ask people to stop generalizing black people RIGHT AFTER generalizing white people. 
laugh.gif

But I understand what you are getting at. Alot of white people do think stereotypes = truth. I also believe, though, that generation by generation those number dwindle as you get younger.
QFE

laugh.gif

We have people being force fed negetive images of black people 24/7 and wonder why people think less of us.

it's a generalization...because anyone with half a brain knows that not an entire race acts a certain way based off of what they see on that site
laugh.gif

This is why you do "you," and don't worry about the rest....If you respect yourself and others, I don't see how anyone can correlate what they see on WSHH to an ENTIRE race. If they do, then that's their own ignorance, and that is on them. I don't even sweat it. You know you're better/smarter than most of the !$** that's posted on there...so I don't see what's wrong with sitting back and laughing at the stupidity of others.

OP...be honest....what do you have on your iPod?  Do you listen to any artists who portray negative stereotypes? 

We have people being force fed negetive images of black people 24/7 and wonder why people think less of us.

it's a generalization...because anyone with half a brain knows that not an entire race acts a certain way based off of what they see on that site
laugh.gif

This is why you do "you," and don't worry about the rest....If you respect yourself and others, I don't see how anyone can correlate what they see on WSHH to an ENTIRE race. If they do, then that's their own ignorance, and that is on them. I don't even sweat it. You know you're better/smarter than most of the !$** that's posted on there...so I don't see what's wrong with sitting back and laughing at the stupidity of others.

OP...be honest....what do you have on your iPod?  Do you listen to any artists who portray negative stereotypes? 

Aside from how people perceive WSHH, you can't say the site is a good thing or gives off anything positive. Even if there was a white version of WSHH, I don't think anyone would promote it in a good light.

Aside from how people perceive WSHH, you can't say the site is a good thing or gives off anything positive. Even if there was a white version of WSHH, I don't think anyone would promote it in a good light.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

This argument is tired.

THIS
And I dont care

yeah b....you're not forced into going to worldstarhiphop....if u dont like it dont log on
laugh.gif

yo that fight with da bay era broads was a GOOD one last night...chick ran her head into da side of da gas station joint like a turnbuckle in wrestling
sick.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

This argument is tired.

THIS
And I dont care

yeah b....you're not forced into going to worldstarhiphop....if u dont like it dont log on
laugh.gif

yo that fight with da bay era broads was a GOOD one last night...chick ran her head into da side of da gas station joint like a turnbuckle in wrestling
sick.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jones23me

yo i def feel ya, but at the same time IGNORANCE IS BLISS. And a good percent of us dont understand what you are explaining. So telling the Average street nukka that grew up in the hood all his life and his moma was a jump off or just plain Trife isnt gonna change anything, bcuz for 1 they dont know enuff as it is. they are  and accustom to a certain life and circumstance. not sayin eveybody in the hood is like that, but im a H.S football coach (50%black 50% white school) and i come across alot of good kids (black) and they all have effed up upbringings like most of us do, and they dont know any better, and u see that when u talk to their Parent not Parents, so there way of life is circumstantial, this coming form a hood nukka, still in the hood honestly i just happen to go to school, and become a coach, so im no different than them its just i know better than to do certain things. but its no way of stopping it. so the white man gets a good laugh whenevr he wants off of us and middle class/poor white people. But for the most part im good with WSHH, its comedy at the end of the day.

I feel you 100%.  But my problem is with the ones that know better and choose not to do better. 

Originally Posted by jones23me

yo i def feel ya, but at the same time IGNORANCE IS BLISS. And a good percent of us dont understand what you are explaining. So telling the Average street nukka that grew up in the hood all his life and his moma was a jump off or just plain Trife isnt gonna change anything, bcuz for 1 they dont know enuff as it is. they are  and accustom to a certain life and circumstance. not sayin eveybody in the hood is like that, but im a H.S football coach (50%black 50% white school) and i come across alot of good kids (black) and they all have effed up upbringings like most of us do, and they dont know any better, and u see that when u talk to their Parent not Parents, so there way of life is circumstantial, this coming form a hood nukka, still in the hood honestly i just happen to go to school, and become a coach, so im no different than them its just i know better than to do certain things. but its no way of stopping it. so the white man gets a good laugh whenevr he wants off of us and middle class/poor white people. But for the most part im good with WSHH, its comedy at the end of the day.

I feel you 100%.  But my problem is with the ones that know better and choose not to do better. 

There's nothing you can do about Worldstar but ignore them...it's not a racial matter though, it's just a matter of ignorance PERIOD.
But ignorance is entertaining, just like "You Are So Dumb" gif wouldn't exist without WSHH...But I agree it's not hurting African-American progress
but it is magnifying and providing a platform for alot of socio-economical  problems with reinforce prejudicial attitudes towards African-Americans.

I would also like to go on record and say I think as of late 2010 I've observed what I believe is the horizon of true egalitarianism
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

There's nothing you can do about Worldstar but ignore them...it's not a racial matter though, it's just a matter of ignorance PERIOD.
But ignorance is entertaining, just like "You Are So Dumb" gif wouldn't exist without WSHH...But I agree it's not hurting African-American progress
but it is magnifying and providing a platform for alot of socio-economical  problems with reinforce prejudicial attitudes towards African-Americans.

I would also like to go on record and say I think as of late 2010 I've observed what I believe is the horizon of true egalitarianism
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by whiterails

Really?
laugh.gif

QFE

laugh.gif

Cmon guys i didn't mean to generalize all white people just needed a quick statement. The majority of people base their personal beliefs off what they have seen first hand or off of media influences but the issue with the black community is people never look at us as individuals but rather being apart of "black" culture.

Originally Posted by whiterails

Really?
laugh.gif

QFE

laugh.gif

Cmon guys i didn't mean to generalize all white people just needed a quick statement. The majority of people base their personal beliefs off what they have seen first hand or off of media influences but the issue with the black community is people never look at us as individuals but rather being apart of "black" culture.

Back
Top Bottom