"Who the F is Joe Budden?" - Method Man

laugh.gif
at dudes saying Joeys Career > Meths Career. More people know who Method Man is than they do Joe Budden and career wise I think we know who has beenmore successful.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

HOLD UP though i think dudes getting this list confused. they measuring by artist or by actual rapping abilities/skills?

if they measuring by artist then %%@+ Budden. If its by actual rapping them everything Budden said is true. He even said he'd still lose to Rakim so i cant be that mad at Budden no more.

Right Sometimes people Don't like hearing the truth. Budden be saying crazy stuff but he knows his limitations
Yea, and dudes on here missin the point of his rant. I aint condonin him sayin Meth don't right his rhymes, etc etc. But the purpose of thelist was to pin the Best rappers at this point in time against one another. However, Vibe counted legendary status which void's thewhole bracket. Most of the dudes on there had their prime but it aint now when the list is supposed to be based off of, rappers now, not rappers in general. Ifu basin it off legendary status and what not then of course Meth gon be ranked higher than Joey, that's a granted.

its by actual rapping them everything Budden said is true. He even said he'd still lose to Rakim so i cant be that mad at Budden no more.

This is exactly what he is speaking on which is why I said what I said.

I ain't mad at what he said, because it is 100% True.

Budden is wildin' for that +%*@ he said on twitter. No one can tell me otherwise.

But I guarantee y'all if this thread and that video was made two years ago...MOST of y'all *@$%#* singing a different tune.

Why?
Originally Posted by dreClark

I honestly think a lot of y'all are letting his antics outweigh his talent on the mic.
^Because of that.

That Budden TV +%*@ didn't help him out in the long run...did he attract a few more fans? Maybe. But his girl gained more off of that than he did.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

Honesty and self confidence is a good thing, but it's taking a negative effect with him right now.
Word.

The funny thing about all this is his original intent was to trash the magazine and the list...yet he brought it more attention and awareness amongst those whowouldn't have given a +%*@ beforehand.

Those Vibe dudes are patting themselves on the back.

So to all those not mad at what Joey said, Can Mase right now beat Budden in rapping? I mean Joey said he wasnt masd at his ranking so it must be true.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

So to all those not mad at what Joey said, Can Mase right now beat Budden in rapping? I mean Joey said he wasnt masd at his ranking so it must be true.

Joe Budden Be acting Bi-polar at times but I'm pretty sure he can rap better then mase right now

The funny %%%% is dudes is really coming up with all kinds of outlandish reasons to give Joey a pass. Had this been say Lupe talking about Meth dudes would bethrowing a thousand stonefaces. It doesn't even matter if it was true or not, he needs to shut the hell up.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

The funny %%%% is dudes is really coming up with all kinds of outlandish reasons to give Joey a pass. Had this been say Lupe talking about Meth dudes would be throwing a thousand stonefaces. It doesn't even matter if it was true or not, he needs to shut the hell up.
laugh.gif
and there you have it. at the end of the day joey justneeds to shut the hell up.

/thread

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Joe Budden Be acting Bi-polar at times but I'm pretty sure he can rap better then mase right now
Exactly but he respected Mase's past of nice records to say he can rock with it. But then to go on and say Method Man's name like it wasLil Uno from the Pack is ridiculous. Even in Joe Budden's Maniac-Depression dreams he can't have the career Meth had and do the things on wax thatMethod Man did. This is why Joe will never blow up because of his attitude that he already blow up. Even though I hate rappers blogging someone needs to findthat Phonte blog about, "Rappers have the ego of Kanye West and 50 Cent but the discography of Spliff Starr" cause that fits perfectly with Joe. Okyou can spit for 6 minutes no hook doesn't make you skilled just means you can't construct a song.

Edit:
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Budden is wildin' for that +%*@ he said on twitter. No one can tell me otherwise.

But I guarantee y'all if this thread and that video was made two years ago...MOST of y'all *@$%#* singing a different tune.

Why?
Originally Posted by dreClark

I honestly think a lot of y'all are letting his antics outweigh his talent on the mic.
^Because of that.

But this video wouldnt have been made 2 years ago. You basically said "This Video wouldnt have made yall mad 2 years ago because 2 years ago he wasnt outmaking stupid videos.
laugh.gif
You my dude DSK but that logic doesn't makesense.

Just so there's no confusion, do some of y'all actualy believe that Joey is a better RAPPER (not artist) than Meth in his PRIME?

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Just so there's no confusion, do some of y'all actualy believe that Joey is a better RAPPER (not artist) than Meth in his PRIME?
Of course not and I'm a Joey fan. But there's the discrepancy, the list is supposed to be focusin on the here and now, notsaid rappers in their prime. Meth been M.I.A. lately and Joey been puttin out music.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

The funny %%%% is dudes is really coming up with all kinds of outlandish reasons to give Joey a pass. Had this been say Lupe talking about Meth dudes would be throwing a thousand stonefaces. It doesn't even matter if it was true or not, he needs to shut the hell up.
laugh.gif
and there you have it. at the end of the day joey just needs to shut the hell up.

/thread

Nah Scott, I'm sayin' if that list came out two years ago and he made that video...$@@!$% in here would be more aligned with Dre's view. BecauseBudden wasn't saying anything outlandish IMO...

1. Is the Vibe list trash? Yes.
2. Can he RAP better than Method Man right NOW? (which was always his original point) Yes.
3. Is he a better RAPPER right NOW than 50 of those dudes on the list? I'd say so.

The difference between now and two years ago is how the Ransom beef concluded, the Saigon situation, the Tahiry stuff, that grimy @!%+ he did with the kid whowanted a verse from him.....all makes him look bad and people are fed up with him.

None of that has to with his views on the list, but people are formulating thoughts with all that in mind.

At the end of the day...son just needs to make good music and stop worrying about the internet and all this other @!%+. It's not helping his career.

Nah Scott, I'm sayin' if that list came out two years ago and he made that video...*%@@%* in here would be more aligned with Dre's view. BecauseBudden wasn't saying anything outlandish IMO...

1. Is the Vibe list trash? Yes.
2. Can he RAP better than Method Man right NOW? (which was always his original point) Yes.
3. Is he a better RAPPER right NOW than 50 of those dudes on the list? I'd say so.

The difference between now and two years ago is how the Ransom beef concluded, the Saigon situation, the Tahiry stuff, that grimy %@$+ he did with the kid whowanted a verse from him.....all makes him look bad and people are fed up with him.

None of that has to with his views on the list, but people are formulating thoughts with all that in mind.

At the end of the day...son just needs to make good music and stop worrying about the internet and all this other %@$+. It's not helping his career.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Meth > Buddens career
4:21 > Any of Buddens albums

People slip on 4:21.
i havent listened to padded room yet but yeah 4:21 is a solid album....

^ agreed.

and i'd take budden over method man at any point in any time in any universe.

.. but you guys will just call me a "stan" or "rider" so
grin.gif

this is like aruguing whether a current player who is good (i.e Andrew Bynam) is better than a whose had a good career (i.e Buck Williams)

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Of course not and I'm a Joey fan. But there's the discrepancy, the list is supposed to be focusin on the here and now, not said rappers in their prime. Meth been M.I.A. lately and Joey been puttin out music.
No it isn't. The list is named THE BEST RAPPERS EVER. Not the best rappers now.

Y'all so quick to defend dude y'all twisting the whole point that clearly written at the top of the list.

Son was out of pocket any way you cut it.

^Good point. I'd love to see Budden say his best work in his prime is better than these other rappers best work in their prime rap wise.

As I think it over Joey is pretty lame for taking Vibe seriously, especially since this mag is a 2nd time offender with this bracket shhh.

Padded Room was forgettable and MM3 wasnt as good as MM2 by a long shot so for those saying Meth is washed up, Joey aint put out nothing jaw dropping in a minute. A N' write a song about his depression in the form of his exxes and dudes think it's the Da Vinci Code.

In their primes, I give it to this man.

Some of you guys ride Budden so hard it's sad.
And no, the only album of Meth's that Padded Room is better than is Tical 0:The Prequel.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Of course not and I'm a Joey fan. But there's the discrepancy, the list is supposed to be focusin on the here and now, not said rappers in their prime. Meth been M.I.A. lately and Joey been puttin out music.
No it isn't. The list is named THE BEST RAPPERS EVER. Not the best rappers now.

Y'all so quick to defend dude y'all twisting the whole point that clearly written at the top of the list.

Son was out of pocket any way you cut it.
I stand corrected but the list still adds yrs into account b/c there is no way some of the dudes on the list should have made it on to that listperiod. Plies shouldn't have made it. No way in hell Lil Wayne should be ranked higher than Pun. Lil Kim a rank higher than Queen Latifah. Heavy D beingranked 29th, Bow Wow ranked higher than Joey and the * bracket (WALE, Cudi, etc). The bracket is a load of bull %+@#. I for one said that Joey was out of linefor his comments. I aint a fan boy, I see where he's comin from though he shouldn't have took the shots at Meth.

At the end of the day, the bracket is worse than the BCS and Joey should have kept his mouth shut w/ the Meth reference.

Back
Top Bottom