Why do African Americans continue to practice Christianity if it was forced upon them during slavery

laugh.gif

Idk if it was you... but didn't somebody a page or two back say how they disregard the ENTIRE old testament??

and didn't someone else say they only pick what's relevant to today's times???

Them sound like strike throughs to me. Am I tripping? I know I'm not tripping.... too lazy to quote but don't act like it wasn't said
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And that "story" has been regurgitated throughout time and history via different cultures. The Jesus Archetype has come up way too many times for me to believe that HE'S the one that's the lord and savior. I'd be cool honestly if Christianity would just ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that much of the doctrine is/was borrowed from various spiritual beliefs/history from around the world. However, the whole "Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light" jazz is lost on me. Other people have other ways of enlightenment, what's wrong with that?? If I'mma get guidance from a story, I'mma get it from somewhere of my choosing. I also am apart of the "i don't understand why anybody is Christian," club....not just black people. However, I ESPECIALLY wonder how Blacks and Latinos are Christian.

Philosophies> Religion. That's where I get my guidance from. And naw I'm not talkin' bout that bushoi from them **** bois in Greece.
Yeah I said that because ol' boy was saying you either follow the whole bible or you don't. That's misguided because all the rules that the Jews had to follow in dueteronomy and leviticus were for THOSE people. All christians worry about is the main commandments. They don't have to worry about not cutting the edges of their beard or burning a specific amount of sheeps and stuff to rectify a wrong doing. That isn't how the new testament unfolds. But it isn't a strike through, it's important to know, just not the whole story.

Last edited:
So y'all are really suggesting the reason that white people "let" black people integrate sports was all about money, and nothing to do with civil rights / pro equality? 

laugh.gif
 I feel bad for y'all man. 

Yeah I said that because ol' boy was saying you either follow the whole bible or you don't. That's misguided because all the rules that the Jews had to follow in dueteronomy and leviticus was for THOSE people. All christians worry about is the main commandments. They don't have to worry about not cutting the edges the edges of their beard or burning a specific amount of sheeps and stuff to rectify a wrong doing. That isn't how the new testament unfolds. But it isn't a strike through, it's important to know, just not the whole story.

View media item 904220

View media item 904198

I think the word segregation in how y'all are using it is giving people the wrong idea. What we need and what I believe some are saying is that we need independence. Like how there are ChinaTowns, Little Tokyo, and places like that. I mean they even got a ****** town out here in Cali. Just because those places exist don't mean they forbid others from visiting or whatever it's just centered around that group of people.

I think the word segregation in how y'all are using it is giving people the wrong idea. What we need and what I believe some are saying is that we need independence. Like how there are ChinaTowns, Little Tokyo, and places like that. I mean they even got a ****** town out here in Cali. Just because those places exist don't mean they forbid others from visiting or whatever it's just centered around that group of people.

Those are all forms of segregation, lol white people were the only people denying access to other races

lol wait there are places like that for black people in every city in the country tho,  are you guys just going to feel better if they called it "Little Africa"? I'm confused. :lol: Are we insinuating that there aren't black dominated neighborhoods in the country?

South Central LA is NOTHING like Little Tokyo. Little Tokyo is a place where commerce is generated for and by Japanese people. Same as KTown. You must not be from LA. South Central LA is just a place where a bunch of ****** reside. Southeast DC is just a place where a bunch of ****** reside. Ain't no commerce being generated (even the dope man plug from across the border :lol: )

In the early 90s, we was kiiiiiiiinda on the verge of turning into something great but naw. That never happened.

lol wait there are places like that for black people in every city in the country tho,  are you guys just going to feel better if they called it "Little Africa"? I'm confused. :lol: Are we insinuating that there aren't black dominated neighborhoods in the country?

No there isn't a place in every city like that. Heck in Atlanta the so called black Mecca the "prominent" black neighborhoods were hit the hardest by home foreclosure sand the only black owned businesses there are maybe a barber shop and a few wing places lol most everything else are wal marts or owned by other ethnic groups. Lol hell they don't even put apple stores in black areas even black areas with high median incomes.

People arguing to bring back segregation when it definitely still exists. :lol: There are maps outs there that clearly show this.

We are talking about segregating the black dollar in the sense of practicing group economics. Blacks have the most buying power in the nation but hold the least wealth. Want to know why? Because our money leaves our community the moment we get it. Literally when we get paid we go pay bills then go buy Jordan's and other crap instead of spending money in our own communities.

I mean that's what I was getting from what others were saying about being segregated an all that. Maybe I misunderstood what was being said.

Leimert Park is the closest to what I know to be black dominated. And that's not even a big area.

I mean that's what I was getting from what others were saying about being segregated an all that. Maybe I misunderstood what was being said.

Leimert Park is the closest to what I know to be black dominated. And that's not even a big area.

when the last time you went to leimert park? nothing like what it was in the 90s. Jewish people buying up stuff there.

Because it gave them a sense of a family. No matter how many times the whites try to dehumanize them, they knew they were children of God.

It gave them a feeling of belonging, an understanding of the world and the struggles.

No matter how much you might dislike Christianity, without it, many African-Americans might not have made it out alive without it.

Many would probably even believe that they weren't human since thats what they been told and even treated.

I live in PG County, MD and can tell you that segregation is still in full effect.

People arguing to bring back segregation when it definitely still exists. :lol: There are maps outs there that clearly show this.

I don't know if you wanna use my quote to back up your arguments.

PG County, MD is BY FAR majority Black, and it's actually doing really well economically because of said segregation. Lots of Black doctors, lawyers, etc. living in super rich neighborhoods right across the street from the projects forces everyone to shop, live, and spend money amongst one another.

i thought most apple stores are in malls which are usually not considered part of residential areas, its not like you're going to find apple stores in china town or little tokyo

i thought most apple stores are in malls which are usually not considered part of residential areas, its not like you're going to find apple stores in china town or little tokyo

Atlanta has malls in predominant black neighborhoods. Stone crest mall in lithonia is in a black area with a high medium income, yet looks like a flea market because all the blacks go to Lenox or perimeter mall to shop.

and now we've degenerated from a racial religion thread to a pure race thread. 13 pages might be a new record.

Back
Top Bottom