Wrestling Thread April 11-17 | 4/17 TNA Lockdown PPV - All Cage Matches - Angle vs Jarrett

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'm praying "How Does Mike Knox Taste" signs show up on Raw.

im going to RAW in MIA in a few weeks

you fellas can expect this sign to make tv
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif
That one guy who does the seat filling will be around ASAP
laugh.gif

Morrison still with Melina after Knox and Batista??? I know why Batista got her, but Knox too? Smooth talker I see.

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif
That one guy who does the seat filling will be around ASAP
laugh.gif

Morrison still with Melina after Knox and Batista??? I know why Batista got her, but Knox too? Smooth talker I see.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Ahh makes sense then.

Was demolitions supposed to be a spoof on the Legion of Doom?

Spoof
laugh.gif

Axe straight up stole the concept  and ran with it like LOD never existed .    

It's certainly debatable that Demolition was a rip off, but of the Road Warriors, not LOD.  The name Legion of Doom was a WWF creation.

It's not debatable .

They did wrestle under the Road Warriors, but LOD was a name Paul Ellering came up with long before they went to the  WWF.    

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Ahh makes sense then.

Was demolitions supposed to be a spoof on the Legion of Doom?

Spoof
laugh.gif

It's certainly debatable that Demolition was a rip off, but of the Road Warriors, not LOD.  The name Legion of Doom was a WWF creation.

It's not debatable .

They did wrestle under the Road Warriors, but LOD was a name Paul Ellering came up with long before they went to the  WWF.    

Spoof
laugh.gif

It's not debatable .

When I listened to an Animal interview on Observer Radio a few weeks back, I could have sworn Legion of Doom was created because Vince didn't want them using the name The Road Warriors (though they did go by Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal - The Legion of Doom).  I could be wrong, but they definitely weren't going by LOD until they entered the WWF.

Spoof
laugh.gif

It's not debatable .

When I listened to an Animal interview on Observer Radio a few weeks back, I could have sworn Legion of Doom was created because Vince didn't want them using the name The Road Warriors (though they did go by Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal - The Legion of Doom).  I could be wrong, but they definitely weren't going by LOD until they entered the WWF.

[h1]Sting Speaks On Jeff Hardy Situation & WrestleMania[/h1]
On Wrestlemania: "I'm not going to lie to you -- who wouldn't want to say that they did 'Wrestlemania' at least one time? It's the ultimate event in wrestling. It's still in the back of my mind that there's a chance of it happening someday, somehow. I think time may have run out completely now, but who knows? The timing couldn't have been better (to work 'Wrestlemania'), but I'm glad it turned out the way it did."

On Staying With TNA: "Deep in my heart, I wasn't fulfilled. My mission was not accomplished with TNA," said Borden, who joined the company in 2006 after what was essentially a five-year retirement following WCW's demise. "It was like with WCW. I just hated the idea after all these years that I put in that this was the way it was going to end. I go back to when (TNA) was just this little company doing stuff out of the fairgrounds in Nashville. Now we're in 120 countries. I'd like the story to continue to grow."

On His Deal With Limited Dates: "After 20-something years, is that OK?" he said. "(Hulk) Hogan is in a similar boat. The difference between me and him is that he's not in the ring. Lord willing, I hope he gets back in there. But here I still am at the age of 52 bouncing around. Some of the other guys in WWE have the same deal like The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels before he left. After a while, some of us just can't hold it together anymore. I think I'm doing a pretty good job holding on."

On Being Champion And The Jeff Hardy Incident: "On my first pay-per-view back with TNA and my first world-title match, are you kidding me?" Borden said. "I was already trying to overcome the 'Oh, they didn't put (the title) on him again did they? He's a dinosaur' stuff, and then you add, 'What just happened?' I know everyone's first reaction was, 'Wow, they're really trying to get Sting over (to the fans) so much now that it's ridiculous. They've totally ruined Jeff Hardy.' You know the real scoop. This is not what I wanted. I had something really good planned out and was ready to have an incredible match with Jeff that night. I'm very disappointed and hurt. So is everyone else. The ripple effect of that (Hardy) match is bigger than you can imagine," Borden said. "It's still hitting. We have to -- I have to -- deliver at 'Lockdown.' It's got to be an outstanding match. I'm doing my very best to get ready."
You can check out the full interview athttp://www.scrippsnews.com/node/60973

[h1]Eric Bischoff Still Angry At Jeff Hardy, Talks WWE Dropping 'Wrestling', Hall & More[/h1]

What Jeff Hardy could effectively give back to TNA if a return to the company facilitates itself & his reaction to the closing moments of the Victory Road Pay-Per-View: "I'm the wrong person to ask that question of, and I shouldn't be. I can't understand why I feel the way I feel, therefore I certainly can't explain it. I'm still angry at Jeff Hardy, so it's hard for me to discuss what I think he could do or should do, because until I quit being angry at him and about the situation, whatever would come out of my mouth would probably be counterproductive."

How the TNA return of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels came to fruition & why he was "very happy when he came back": "I don't really want to go into the behind the scenes of it. I was impressed with Chris when I first came to TNA. I was surprised when he left the company, but I understand it was business. There were changes, and decisions, and moves that had to be made, but I also knew that everyone in TNA fully expected to have Chris back at some point. I was very happy when he came back. He's a good athlete, he's a good character, and I'm interested to see how that character evolves as the weeks & months go by."

His opinion of the wrestling promotion that used the Scott Hall incident from last weekend to promote their Internet Pay-Per-View: "I'm not gonna judge them. I wasn't there, I don't know what led up to it, I don't know what kind of shape Scott was in before he went out. Was he stumbling around backstage for 2 to 3 hours? Was it obvious that he was in that shape? Did he show up two minutes before he had to go out and they had to scramble? I don't know because I wasn't there. I'm not going to pass judgment on them for letting him go out. I came across the video, and my wife & I watched it together, and it was very sad. I wasn't angry at the promoters for showing it & recording it. I was just sad for Scott."

His reaction to the WWE's decision to re-brand its company, eliminating the word "wrestling" from its name: What is Eric's thoughts about the WWE taking out the word "wrestling" from the name: "I think it's kind of odd to be honest with you. I understand from a marketing point of view the pressure that he's under. Professional wrestling is & has always been a tough sell in the advertising community & mainstream television community, simply because it doesn't fit into a particular niche. That's always been a challenge in our industry, but at the same time, it's the thing that makes us unique, and it's the one thing that makes wrestling fans as loyal as they are. To knowing alienate or turn your back to such a large passionate group of fans, I understand it but I don't necessarily agree with that. Time will tell if Vince made a right decision or if this will be another XFL moment."

[h1]Sting Speaks On Jeff Hardy Situation & WrestleMania[/h1]
On Wrestlemania: "I'm not going to lie to you -- who wouldn't want to say that they did 'Wrestlemania' at least one time? It's the ultimate event in wrestling. It's still in the back of my mind that there's a chance of it happening someday, somehow. I think time may have run out completely now, but who knows? The timing couldn't have been better (to work 'Wrestlemania'), but I'm glad it turned out the way it did."

On Staying With TNA: "Deep in my heart, I wasn't fulfilled. My mission was not accomplished with TNA," said Borden, who joined the company in 2006 after what was essentially a five-year retirement following WCW's demise. "It was like with WCW. I just hated the idea after all these years that I put in that this was the way it was going to end. I go back to when (TNA) was just this little company doing stuff out of the fairgrounds in Nashville. Now we're in 120 countries. I'd like the story to continue to grow."

On His Deal With Limited Dates: "After 20-something years, is that OK?" he said. "(Hulk) Hogan is in a similar boat. The difference between me and him is that he's not in the ring. Lord willing, I hope he gets back in there. But here I still am at the age of 52 bouncing around. Some of the other guys in WWE have the same deal like The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels before he left. After a while, some of us just can't hold it together anymore. I think I'm doing a pretty good job holding on."

On Being Champion And The Jeff Hardy Incident: "On my first pay-per-view back with TNA and my first world-title match, are you kidding me?" Borden said. "I was already trying to overcome the 'Oh, they didn't put (the title) on him again did they? He's a dinosaur' stuff, and then you add, 'What just happened?' I know everyone's first reaction was, 'Wow, they're really trying to get Sting over (to the fans) so much now that it's ridiculous. They've totally ruined Jeff Hardy.' You know the real scoop. This is not what I wanted. I had something really good planned out and was ready to have an incredible match with Jeff that night. I'm very disappointed and hurt. So is everyone else. The ripple effect of that (Hardy) match is bigger than you can imagine," Borden said. "It's still hitting. We have to -- I have to -- deliver at 'Lockdown.' It's got to be an outstanding match. I'm doing my very best to get ready."
You can check out the full interview athttp://www.scrippsnews.com/node/60973

[h1]Eric Bischoff Still Angry At Jeff Hardy, Talks WWE Dropping 'Wrestling', Hall & More[/h1]

What Jeff Hardy could effectively give back to TNA if a return to the company facilitates itself & his reaction to the closing moments of the Victory Road Pay-Per-View: "I'm the wrong person to ask that question of, and I shouldn't be. I can't understand why I feel the way I feel, therefore I certainly can't explain it. I'm still angry at Jeff Hardy, so it's hard for me to discuss what I think he could do or should do, because until I quit being angry at him and about the situation, whatever would come out of my mouth would probably be counterproductive."

How the TNA return of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels came to fruition & why he was "very happy when he came back": "I don't really want to go into the behind the scenes of it. I was impressed with Chris when I first came to TNA. I was surprised when he left the company, but I understand it was business. There were changes, and decisions, and moves that had to be made, but I also knew that everyone in TNA fully expected to have Chris back at some point. I was very happy when he came back. He's a good athlete, he's a good character, and I'm interested to see how that character evolves as the weeks & months go by."

His opinion of the wrestling promotion that used the Scott Hall incident from last weekend to promote their Internet Pay-Per-View: "I'm not gonna judge them. I wasn't there, I don't know what led up to it, I don't know what kind of shape Scott was in before he went out. Was he stumbling around backstage for 2 to 3 hours? Was it obvious that he was in that shape? Did he show up two minutes before he had to go out and they had to scramble? I don't know because I wasn't there. I'm not going to pass judgment on them for letting him go out. I came across the video, and my wife & I watched it together, and it was very sad. I wasn't angry at the promoters for showing it & recording it. I was just sad for Scott."

His reaction to the WWE's decision to re-brand its company, eliminating the word "wrestling" from its name: What is Eric's thoughts about the WWE taking out the word "wrestling" from the name: "I think it's kind of odd to be honest with you. I understand from a marketing point of view the pressure that he's under. Professional wrestling is & has always been a tough sell in the advertising community & mainstream television community, simply because it doesn't fit into a particular niche. That's always been a challenge in our industry, but at the same time, it's the thing that makes us unique, and it's the one thing that makes wrestling fans as loyal as they are. To knowing alienate or turn your back to such a large passionate group of fans, I understand it but I don't necessarily agree with that. Time will tell if Vince made a right decision or if this will be another XFL moment."

looks like this is slowly setting up 4W vs Club vs DSK at the King of the Ring

i patiently await DSK's rebuttal

looks like this is slowly setting up 4W vs Club vs DSK at the King of the Ring

i patiently await DSK's rebuttal

Back
Top Bottom