∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

The over thinking of these 8 eps reached LOST status coming to the end :lol:

Dudes were :wow: 'ing over nonsense.

Looking back we definitely did a lot of reaching when the show was on. But i felt that's what it made it all so fun, and eventually kind of disappointing. I felt like the show's producers knew exactly what they were doing with all those Easter Eggs. They trolled us all. But at the end of the day, I did enjoy the show so I can't complain.

The over thinking of these 8 eps reached LOST status coming to the end
laugh.gif

Dudes were
eek.gif
'ing over nonsense.
Dudes analyzing each scene frame by frame to find all the hidden "clues"
laugh.gif

hzVmJTF.jpg
e8y5C2Q.png
So in watching the episode, I noticed the stars tatted on the woman's neck and also the star doodles in the vicitim's diary. What I didn't pick up was the bracelets that some of the women were wearing...

Here's a reddit post outlining it:

Link

I know I may be looking way too much into this, but.. "The tall man.. strange face.. burned around the jaw?"

Audrey's drawing:

I'm almost glad that there's a break that way I have time to rewatch the first 3 episodes.
laugh.gif

They mentioned that the other girl was going to a Tully funded school. Isn't Tully the reverend dude? Same last name as the governor right? Maybe Marty's girls are going to a Christian school funded by Tully as well? Might be more of a reach than the grandpa theory
laugh.gif

I'm really into trying to put this all together. The writer did a great job with the idea of making it from 3 timelines.
Reach??
post-178788-0-32302400-1391136053.jpg
If not...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
In thinking about it, how did Hart know where the stash house was? He obviously saw Cohle leave on the boat thru the swamp waters, but how did Cohle relay the exact location to Hart? I probably missed it...

also...

Best Crackpot Theories About True Detective That Are Probably Wrong
yea i had some outlandish predictions too 
laugh.gif

You're not optimistic they'll cast good leads? What would make them irrelevant? If they aren't big names but fit the roles then let them cook.

I dont think we'll get that caliber of actors like Mcconaughey/Harrelson.
Prolly end up being John Stamos & Bob Saget :rofl:
I hope Im wrong and we get blown away again.

The over thinking of these 8 eps reached LOST status coming to the end :lol:

Dudes were :wow: 'ing over nonsense.

cant front man i was having sleepless nights reading reddit/this thread/gold king or whatever he was.

It was fun tho lmao

I dont think we'll get that caliber of actors like Mcconaughey/Harrelson.
Prolly end up being John Stamos & Bob Saget :rofl:
I hope Im wrong and we get blown away again.

High key, I'd be excited for this :rofl:
Watch there be the "emotional full house music" at the climax of the episode :lol:

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Colin Farrell In Talks For HBO’s ‘True Detective 2′[/h1]
By MIKE FLEMING JR  | Friday July 11, 2014 @ 10:24am PDTTags: Colin FarrellHBOTrue Detective

mike-fleming-jr_gotham_TEMP__130121202219.jpg

colin-farrell2.jpg
EXCLUSIVE:  Since the staggering success of HBO’s limited seriesTrue Detective  withEmmy nominees Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson,  speculation has been rampant about who might take part in the show’s second season. I can tell you that Colin Farrell  is deep in negotiations to play one of what is expected to be three main roles in Season 2.HBO  has been mum about cast so far, as rumors have swirled that Jessica Chastain and some others will be one of the other leads. HBO would not confirm any of the potential castings, but I am confident that Farrell will be in the cast.

Like McConaughey and Harrelson, he seems the ideal movie star to take a leap and immerse himself in writer Nic Pizzolatto’s follow-up to a game-changing first season. Pizzolatto has set a high bar for himself, but the idea of taking movie stars and allowing them to play in this sandbox with such rich character development that isn’t possible with two-hour time constraints, and then go back to their movie careers, is something that will continue to draw big names if the payweb can keep the storytelling bar high.

CAA reps Farrell, the Irish actor who first caught notice with his turn in the British series Ballykissangel  before becoming a Hollywood fixture. Farrell most recently starred in Seven Psychopaths, Saving Mr. Banks  and Winter’s Tale.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/colin-farrell-in-talks-for-hbos-true-detective-2/
not who I had in mind, but it's doable. I can see him putting in the extra work to use the show as a relaunch for his career.

If that's true, I'm cool with Farrell. He's a solid actor with the gravitas to carry the series for next season.

Not going to lie, the most interesting/exciting I heard about was Ellen Paige. I can see her playing that role.

You telling me she couldn't play in True Detective, you're tripping to me. And this is when she was young, she has gotten better.

To bad, to bad.

Last edited:
Not excited about this Colin Farrell news. I saw him in Dead Man Down, a broody very dark Swedish-ish drama and his performance left a lot to be desired. I don't see him as a good fit for RD at all, if they keep the second season dark like the first.

HBO: 'True Detective' season 2 cast revealed soon, scripts 'more exciting'

The much-buzzed-about, mysterious second season of HBO’s True Detective is starting out more promising than the first, HBO executives say. “The two scripts we have … I hate to jinx it … they are more exciting than the first season,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday. [Creator Nic Pizzolatto is] an incredibly talented writer. And he’s blown us away with the first two episodes.”

And what about the cast? That’s finally coming together. Lombardo said the announcement could come as soon as next week. And though he didn’t give any hints about who might be cast (“We’re going to do the next season with puppets,” he joked), the executive did confirm the cast will consist of some potentially exciting names.

“The people we will cast will be well-known names, but [casting stars] wasn’t our ambition,” he said. “Great writing attracts great actors… Maybe people initially came for [Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson], but I think they stayed because the show was so compelling.”

From what we’ve heard so far—not entirely confirmed—the second season will star a trio of leads and have a contemporary California setting. HBO executives also took some questions about Game of Thrones.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/10/hbo-true-detective-season-2-scripts/?hpt=hp_t4

Back
Top Bottom