Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Anyone know why when the 2's originally released they only released these and the Chicagos with the white midsole? Like I'm surprised they didn't release an additional 1 or 2 colorways like they did with all the other Jordan models.
There was no real market in 87 , I was 14 and these sat and ended up on sale racks. Back than you could get buy one get one free

Anyone know why when the 2's originally released they only released these and the Chicagos with the white midsole? Like I'm surprised they didn't release an additional 1 or 2 colorways like they did with all the other Jordan models.
Michael Jordan was dealing with a very serious injury that season, a broken foot at the time, not knowing how it woukd heal. I’m thinking this had something to do with it.

Michael Jordan was dealing with a very serious injury that season, a broken foot at the time, not knowing how it woukd heal. I’m thinking this had something to do with it.
I think it had to do with Tinker. He is probably the one that came up with the 4 Colorway idea. The 2's were not Jordan's favorite and almost caused him to go to Adidas. So Tinker prob threw the kitchen sink at him with the 3's to get him to stay. And it worked

What about the black/red 2’s from few years back? I think those are the worse black based 2s ever
Which is sad because I’ve always wanted a black/red 2. Execution was horrible on them joints.

I actually just looked back at that AJ 2, horrible. Black based doesn’t really work on these, IMO. They were able to pull it off with DB 2s but those had graphics that made them pop. The black Off White joints were ok. But if they were released as a regular 2 they’d be very basic.

Forgot about those. And that may be what they need to do when making a black based colorway. That white midsole works!! Black with white midsole, black piping, minimal red…..could be nice
Imo, colored midsoles such as black look better on 2's since they are a pretty basic looking sneaker in general. Also, the white midsoles don't age well, they're hard to clean and also chip easily.

Going for these have soooo many stories when the retro back in like 02-04 dropped had the G-Unit outfit to match and boy oh boy did I do some damage in em , also I remember the hype was real when black chromes dropped at least here in NY had those also and cooked them using them for work at the time

1670703013385.jpeg

Hot take, but I actually like the look of the Chicago pair better with the black outline on the midfoot. Breaks up all that white, and I definitely understand why they started doing it. That said, I'll be glad to have a pair with the OG solid white upper, since I skipped the 95 highs and went with the lows.

Back
Top Bottom