Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

D1EF0D97-68FC-4D7D-9765-5B2345B419D7.jpeg

Simply loving these.

Beautiful no-nonsense colorway and an upgrade on the mids for me - zero break in time thanks to just a little extra room in the toe area. My favourite performance model since the Kobe 8s.

Anyone know if the black/golds will release properly? If not I may double up on these.

So I've been playing in the 36s along with the Zion 2 and the Zoom GT Cut. Is anyone else getting some soreness or pain in the forefoot after playing in the 36s? It's like my foot has some weird fatigue right under where the Zoom bag is located, but it's only later that day or the next day, never while I'm actually playing. The Zoom air in the 36s is so bouncy and I love the sensation when just walking around in them and even when playing in them, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this pain or if anyone developed a legit injury that might suggest that I shouldn't be wearing them anymore. The Zion 2 is much firmer than the 36 so I usually use those after getting this soreness from the 36s and it seems to help, but I'm such a fan of Zoom air I'm hoping I don't have to stop using the 36s all together.

Snagged the light orewood lows off the bay, barely worn for $110 shipped. Couldn't have been worn more than two or three times so for that price no hesi. This was my favorite colorway of any lows released - much as I'd love the rainbow year of the tiger or peach jams, one pair of mids and one pair of lows means I'm officially done with this silhouette and prob won't need ball shoes for a couple more years.

So I've been playing in the 36s along with the Zion 2 and the Zoom GT Cut. Is anyone else getting some soreness or pain in the forefoot after playing in the 36s? It's like my foot has some weird fatigue right under where the Zoom bag is located, but it's only later that day or the next day, never while I'm actually playing. The Zoom air in the 36s is so bouncy and I love the sensation when just walking around in them and even when playing in them, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this pain or if anyone developed a legit injury that might suggest that I shouldn't be wearing them anymore. The Zion 2 is much firmer than the 36 so I usually use those after getting this soreness from the 36s and it seems to help, but I'm such a fan of Zoom air I'm hoping I don't have to stop using the 36s all together.
I was a huge fan of this shoe, had 2 pairs. Have ended up selling both because of this issue.

I have played in all types of shoes. After the kobe 8s, I started playing in indoor soccer shoes. I really liked the idea of more court feel and being lower to the ground. Made me quicker, but as I got older I went back to some traditional bball shoes. The lack of impact protection made me fatigue at the hips more.

So here's my theory based on doing some trampoline work. When you're moving on a bouncy surface (ie trampoline, unlocked zoom) it causes you're stabilizing muscles and tendons to become rigid to brace you body for the unstable impact. When you move on a more firm surface it causes those to become more pliable and flexible.

It sucks because i love the aesthetics of this shoe, but i couldn't play in them anymore. Been loving playing in Puma RS Dreamers and Retro 13s as a happy medium between firmness and bounce.

No. I did feel some shin pains and calf muscle fatigue wearing the Cuts though.

CA0B1E38-8586-46D8-A06B-B37069FAFEFD.jpeg

47836259-B631-4A66-9F10-1B24F2BFFD61.jpeg

Really like these. Ended up fitting better (No heal slip) for me than infrareds. Just hoping for a deep discount lol. Wild Nike bumped the price back up to $175. I believe they were $140 just yesterday.

JS”
Nice. My pair from NDC comes tomorrow. How does the upper feel compared to the Leno weave on the infrared lows?

Based on simply a try on and walking around, they seem to be a bit sturdier, which I prefer. This upper seems to have more substance to it.

JS”

Nice. I'm excited to try the difference. I liked my infrared lows and thought they were better than my mids in most areas. I unfortunately got a weird hot spot from support/rand around the lower lace loops. I'm hoping this new pair doesn't have that same hot spot. Maybe the change in upper materials will help with that.

Back
Top Bottom