Ford unveiling the FORD Bronco on O.J.'s birthday

Maaaaaybe it's a coincidence. I mean, I doubt they checked his bday before announcing. Maybe it's a silent statement.

Honestly they need to just rebrand that line :lol: it's gonna be nothing but tasteless jokes, just like on oj's Twitter mentions.

Honestly they need to just rebrand that line :lol: it's gonna be nothing but tasteless jokes, just like on oj's Twitter mentions.

Nah, they need the name for sells, otherwise it's just another SUV hints why they did what they did.

Oj’s birthday would have to matter in order for this to be tone deaf. How do you even know it’s OJ birthday? I don’t doubt someone’s laughing at it tho..

Oj’s birthday would have to matter in order for this to be tone deaf. How do you even know it’s OJ birthday? I don’t doubt someone’s laughing at it tho..
He's saying the date matters bc it is ojs bday. Almost comes across like a silent nod considering the affiliation.

It matters because it's the Bronco.

Any other product release in the world and this would not matter.

Y’all tryin to tell me y’all got OJ’s bday marked on y’all calendar? If it wasn’t for I would have no idea what Oj’s bday is. That’s my point..

Wait. You gotta be kidding about the 'how do you know it's oj bday'. Google exists.

But no it's not common knowledge but clearly someone knew. Maybe it was one of his biggest fans, just like i know my favorite athletes bday.

It got y’all talking about it
so I guess genius marketing
That's what I'm saying. For better or worse, the name of the game is to get buzz. Dirty, but that's how the game goes. I guarantee they will 'realize' the faux pas and change it to the next day. Controversy is marketable.

this is definitely one of those things that nobody but The Internet would know offhand, but it´s still funny.

Thats what i was thinking. Regardless of the date the avg person wouldnt have thought oh let me google OJs birthday and see if it is this release day

🤔🤔🤔 Now that I think about it... They probably put it on his bday on purpose just to create more buzz, then 'realize' their error and publicly apologize. It's all a game to gain attention.

This makes a lot of sense too though. Companies do this type of stuff all the time. Wouldnt surprise if a major company is bold enough to promote something to go against the current movement with BLM protests and change only to apologize and say they made a mistake

It got y’all talking about it
so I guess genius marketing
Genius marketing indeed. NO way would they have gotten this much attention on any other day.
SmartSelect_20200616-112121_XRecorder.gif

Back
Top Bottom