Girl raped during Homecoming Dance

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I don't care how tough you think you are, no logical person go into a brawl 15-on-1. That's just stupid. Even somebody with hands like Mayweather would get rocked fighting off THAT many people. I mean, if you had a gun on you, that's one thing--if you're not too scared to shoot it. The only logical thing to do as an average good samaritan would be to call the cops. I think these 15 guys deserve the worst punishment as much as the next person does, but this isn't Sparta.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

enphan let it go..

and sometimes no matter how great parents are kids do what they wanna do...
This is the biggest cop out for lazy parenting. I hate when people say this.

These kids have no sense of value, consequences, and regard for other human life and you're going to tell me they were like that right out of the gate?

Nope.

no i'm telling you that at some point they decide they don't have to/want to listen to their parents...

of course thats not the case with all people who do bad things but you can't say that ALL those people had bad parents either...
I think you're missing the point.

Obviously there's a point where kids decide to think and do things on their own but good parenting ensures that your kid will make better decisions in life.

I get your point and I'm saying we've all don't stupid stuff regardless of what our parents taught us. This of course is way more extreme but @ 19& 21 or however old those guys were that says more about them then their parents. Or even the girl if she consented in the beginning.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

don't sound like a rape to me.

seems like they're still trying to find out all the details, but they're already calling it a rape?

What do you call it then???!!!! Gang rape happens.. Too bad many NTers are so narrow minded.

6th arrested:
(10-29) 22:29 PDT RICHMOND, CALIF. -- Security was unusually tight Thursday as four young men made their first court appearance in last weekend's gang rape at Richmond High School, a crime that brought anguish to students and leaders in the city and sent shock waves throughout the nation.

Later Thursday, police arrested a sixth suspect in the case. A fifth suspect was arrested earlier but has not been charged.

Three defendants, all of them juveniles charged as adults, were wearing bulletproof vests when they were led into Superior Court by a corps of Contra Costa County sheriff's deputies. The three - one of whom had a black eye - looked morose and said nothing as relatives wept in the gallery.

Only one, 15-year-old Cody Ray Smith of San Pablo, entered a plea - not guilty - during the brief arraignment in Richmond.

All four were ordered by Judge Peter Berger to come back to court Thursday for more proceedings in the rape of a 15-year-old Richmond High girl, who was attacked after she left the school's homecoming dance Saturday night.

Authorities say the defendants are among as many as 10 young men who raped the girl over two hours in a courtyard on the campus, while others watched and took photos with cell phones.

Richmond police arrested a sixth suspect, Jose Carlos Montano, 18, Thursday afternoon near his San Pablo home. Montano was booked on felony charges of rape, rape in concert with force, and penetration with a foreign object. His bail was set at $1.3 million.
[h3]Litany of charges[/h3]
Smith and two other defendants, Marcelles James Peter, 17, of Pinole and Ari Abdallah Morales, 16, of San Pablo, are juveniles being charged as adults. They all face felony counts of rape in concert, otherwise known as gang rape, and penetration with a foreign object. Morales also is charged with felony robbery for allegedly stealing the girl's jewelry.

The boys are being held at juvenile hall in Martinez on no bail.

The fourth suspect, 19-year-old Manuel Ortega of Richmond, is charged with rape in concert, robbery and assault causing great bodily injury. He is being held on $1.2 million bail.

All four face potential sentences of life in prison if convicted.

The hearings began at 9:50 a.m., when the three boys were walked into court by an uncharacteristically large contingent of five deputies. The defendants' hands were shackled to their waists, and their chests bulged from the bulletproof vests.

Court officials said the vests were needed because of the potential for vigilante violence.

"This crime was extremely callous and brutal," said Deputy District Attorney Dara Cashman. "We've been getting expressions of outrage from all over the country."

Morales' left eye was blackened, as if he had recently been hit.
[h3]Relatives tearful[/h3]
Peter's cousin Monquasha Peter of Richmond burst into tears upon seeing him, and her mother, Monica Peter, dabbed her eyes.

Peter's family accused prosecutors of having racial motives. Peter is the only black suspect named in the case. Smith is white, and the other suspects are Latino.

Peter "didn't have anything to do with this," his aunt said. "He said everyone was just walking past, and he just kept moving when he saw something was going on.

"He's a good kid with no criminal record who likes to play soccer," she said. "I am going to prove his innocence.

"My nephew is scared," she added. "He is the one they've arrested who is black, and if they give my nephew a life sentence, I will sue Richmond. There is no way in hell I will see my nephew blamed in this because he is black."

Ortega's hearing immediately followed the boys'. His hands were cuffed behind his back, but he wore no bulletproof vest and had just one deputy minding him.

Two female relatives of Ortega began to cry as he walked in. They declined to comment afterward, other than to say they didn't think he was guilty.

Court records show that in July, Ortega was arrested in San Pablo on misdemeanor charges of possessing a deadly weapon - a dagger - and spraying graffiti on a house and breaking its windows. The case is pending.

A fifth suspect, 21-year-old Salvador Rodriguez of Richmond, has been arrested but has not been charged.
[h3]School troubled[/h3]
Counseling and discussion sessions were held Thursday at Richmond High to let students vent their despair over the crime and the damage they feel it has done to their community's reputation. They and city leaders plan more gatherings in the coming days.

Authorities say the attack on the girl began when a boy who knew her, possibly Smith, called her over to a group in the courtyard as she was walking by to meet her father after leaving the dance.

Smith is a student at Richmond High, and Ortega dropped out in 2007 after his junior year. Around the same time, Morales transferred from Richmond High to a continuation school, authorities say.

The girl joined the young men in drinking hard liquor but refused to have sex with them, authorities say, and then the group attacked her.

Morales' attorney, Ernie Castillo of Oakland, said his client has no convictions on his record.

"This is a horrible tragedy," Castillo said of the gang rape. "It's hard to understand how something like this could happen at an American high school."

[h3]Helping rape victim[/h3]
Richmond High School is accepting cards and donations for the victim and her family. They can be mailed to the school at 1250 23rd St., Richmond, CA 94804-1011. Make checks out to the Richmond High Student Fund, with "For sex assault victim" written in the memo line.

wow @ penetration w/ a foreign object ...
smh.gif
@ this whole thing

Damn @ the developments LazyJ posted. If any one of those guys end up not getting life in prison.....then they must have a good lawyer. Those charges look likethey are going to stick.

I still can't believe people are defending these %%+%#!.

As for Peter, I pray to God that the truth comes to light, he's probably lying but I would hate to see someone really not involved take the wrap for this.

ill agree that its messed up but.....if she hadnt agreed to get piped up none of this woulda happen
now we about 6 or 7 brothas that are gonna do time for messing with some skank

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

ill agree that its messed up but.....if she hadnt agreed to get piped up none of this woulda happen
Where are you guys getting these make believe facts from? Why do you think she agreed to $%*@? What led you to that conclusion? This wholethread dudes have just been making up their own facets to the story and asserting them as true. FOH.

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

indifferent.gif
so the dudes that were over 18 aren'tresponsible because the girl is a skank? There is no way around it the dudes involved acted like wild animals and should suffer the consequences for their poordecision making abilities.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

6th arrested:
(10-29) 22:29 PDT RICHMOND, CALIF. -- Security was unusually tight Thursday as four young men made their first court appearance in last weekend's gang rape at Richmond High School, a crime that brought anguish to students and leaders in the city and sent shock waves throughout the nation.

Later Thursday, police arrested a sixth suspect in the case. A fifth suspect was arrested earlier but has not been charged.

Three defendants, all of them juveniles charged as adults, were wearing bulletproof vests when they were led into Superior Court by a corps of Contra Costa County sheriff's deputies. The three - one of whom had a black eye - looked morose and said nothing as relatives wept in the gallery.

Only one, 15-year-old Cody Ray Smith of San Pablo, entered a plea - not guilty - during the brief arraignment in Richmond.

All four were ordered by Judge Peter Berger to come back to court Thursday for more proceedings in the rape of a 15-year-old Richmond High girl, who was attacked after she left the school's homecoming dance Saturday night.

Authorities say the defendants are among as many as 10 young men who raped the girl over two hours in a courtyard on the campus, while others watched and took photos with cell phones.

Richmond police arrested a sixth suspect, Jose Carlos Montano, 18, Thursday afternoon near his San Pablo home. Montano was booked on felony charges of rape, rape in concert with force, and penetration with a foreign object. His bail was set at $1.3 million.
[h3]Litany of charges[/h3]
Smith and two other defendants, Marcelles James Peter, 17, of Pinole and Ari Abdallah Morales, 16, of San Pablo, are juveniles being charged as adults. They all face felony counts of rape in concert, otherwise known as gang rape, and penetration with a foreign object. Morales also is charged with felony robbery for allegedly stealing the girl's jewelry.

The boys are being held at juvenile hall in Martinez on no bail.

The fourth suspect, 19-year-old Manuel Ortega of Richmond, is charged with rape in concert, robbery and assault causing great bodily injury. He is being held on $1.2 million bail.

All four face potential sentences of life in prison if convicted.

The hearings began at 9:50 a.m., when the three boys were walked into court by an uncharacteristically large contingent of five deputies. The defendants' hands were shackled to their waists, and their chests bulged from the bulletproof vests.

Court officials said the vests were needed because of the potential for vigilante violence.

"This crime was extremely callous and brutal," said Deputy District Attorney Dara Cashman. "We've been getting expressions of outrage from all over the country."

Morales' left eye was blackened, as if he had recently been hit.
[h3]Relatives tearful[/h3]
Peter's cousin Monquasha Peter of Richmond burst into tears upon seeing him, and her mother, Monica Peter, dabbed her eyes.

Peter's family accused prosecutors of having racial motives. Peter is the only black suspect named in the case. Smith is white, and the other suspects are Latino.

Peter "didn't have anything to do with this," his aunt said. "He said everyone was just walking past, and he just kept moving when he saw something was going on.

"He's a good kid with no criminal record who likes to play soccer," she said. "I am going to prove his innocence.

"My nephew is scared," she added. "He is the one they've arrested who is black, and if they give my nephew a life sentence, I will sue Richmond. There is no way in hell I will see my nephew blamed in this because he is black."

Ortega's hearing immediately followed the boys'. His hands were cuffed behind his back, but he wore no bulletproof vest and had just one deputy minding him.

Two female relatives of Ortega began to cry as he walked in. They declined to comment afterward, other than to say they didn't think he was guilty.

Court records show that in July, Ortega was arrested in San Pablo on misdemeanor charges of possessing a deadly weapon - a dagger - and spraying graffiti on a house and breaking its windows. The case is pending.

A fifth suspect, 21-year-old Salvador Rodriguez of Richmond, has been arrested but has not been charged.
[h3]School troubled[/h3]
Counseling and discussion sessions were held Thursday at Richmond High to let students vent their despair over the crime and the damage they feel it has done to their community's reputation. They and city leaders plan more gatherings in the coming days.

Authorities say the attack on the girl began when a boy who knew her, possibly Smith, called her over to a group in the courtyard as she was walking by to meet her father after leaving the dance.

Smith is a student at Richmond High, and Ortega dropped out in 2007 after his junior year. Around the same time, Morales transferred from Richmond High to a continuation school, authorities say.

The girl joined the young men in drinking hard liquor but refused to have sex with them, authorities say, and then the group attacked her.

Morales' attorney, Ernie Castillo of Oakland, said his client has no convictions on his record.

"This is a horrible tragedy," Castillo said of the gang rape. "It's hard to understand how something like this could happen at an American high school."

[h3]Helping rape victim[/h3]
Richmond High School is accepting cards and donations for the victim and her family. They can be mailed to the school at 1250 23rd St., Richmond, CA 94804-1011. Make checks out to the Richmond High Student Fund, with "For sex assault victim" written in the memo line.

im gonna need more info before i pass judgement as well. In high school two of my boys got accused of rape by one girl. Ended up she lied to get her !@+ outtasome trouble she got into for being with them with her parents. And i dont care what the news says, stories always get twisted.

Edit: just saw the new article. Yeah, sound like rape to me.
That teacher though.....whats haaaaaaaaatnin

I don't understand how the story doesn't make sense.

She left the homecomming dance, ran into a guy she knew (the other 15 yr old, he convinced her to come drink with him an his boys, they wanted to +%+$, shesaid no, they proceeded to rape her, beat her, and take her jewelry, she was found semi-conscious. That's how the story plays out.

I can understand not necessarily belieiving that's how things went down but I don't understand how people are having trouble fallowing the informationposted.

I feel sorry for some of you guys!
frown.gif
How does it not make sense, a younggirl was rapped...regardless if she was drunk or not. And this whole thing about a "train gone wrong" is sick on soooooo many levels.

Back
Top Bottom