GOING TO VEGAS IN A WEEK VOL: Help me with my experience...

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

anyone ever stay at the cosmopolitan ? chime in please?

gracias
Yes. Place is ridiculous. As I said earlier in the thread, my friend lives down there and has stayed in every single hotel and he says Cosmo is the best.

gracias
Yes. Place is ridiculous. As I said earlier in the thread, my friend lives down there and has stayed in every single hotel and he says Cosmo is the best.

Mojodmonky1 wrote:
ikari XD wrote:
Originally Posted by proper english

any foodies on NT General?.. aside from the usual hotel/club talk, let us share some of our fav eat spots around the strip
i'll start:

musts:

Earl Of Sandwich (PH) 

Pizzeria @ The Cosmo

Sushi Samba (Palazzo)

avoid:

Yellowtail (Bellagio)

B&B (Venetian)

best buffet:

Mandalay Bay (srs)
Some of my faves...
China Poblano (Cosmo...same chef at Jaleo which is highly rated, havent tried Jaleo yet though. Mexican and Chinese tapas style)

Morels (Palazzo, great service, pot roast I had just slide off the bone. cheese platter was SO on point)

Aquaknox (Venetian, best seafood I've had there)

BLT Burger (Mirage, solid burgers, open late fri/sat)

Still need to try Bouchon (since I'm never going to get to go to French Laundry 
laugh.gif
). Also need to try the lobster pot pie at Nobhill at MGM. I also heard there's a great Brazillian Churrascaria off the strip (I think near where Terrible's is?) that I've wanted to try during the times I've had my car there.

The last couple times back I've tried to squeeze in atleast 1 meal at Joe's Stone Crab at the Caesars Forum Shops.  One tip, do NOT order the steak.  Not that its bad persay, but you are paying high end steakhouse prices for what is a very average steak.  The damn place is called Joe's STONE CRAB.  If you like crab, this is the spot.  The stone crab there is on point (Miami NTers will tell you wsup).  I will go in there and order some oysters on the half shell and a plate of stone crab and call it a night/meal.

This. Joe's Stone Crab is off the hook for Crabs, and the biscuits are incredible too. Fell in love with the place when i was in Miami...but like Mojod said...don't get the steak. I opted for the steak and 6 stone crabs when i was there and the steak was just mediocre, nothing to brag about but still ended up costing a pretty penny. 2 other people and i spent around $325 there not including tip, so don't go in there expecting to get out for anything less then $100 if you plan on eating good.

Another recommendation you gotta try out if you like seafood is RM in Mandalay Bay. Excellent seafood, the crab legs are off the hook and the service is some of the best i've ever had. I'd recommend the Crab Legs, The Pacific Halibut, or one of the Samplers. If you have a bit of extra cash, ask to dine upstairs and try the 7 course Prix Fixe.

Mojodmonky1 wrote:
ikari XD wrote:
Originally Posted by proper english

any foodies on NT General?.. aside from the usual hotel/club talk, let us share some of our fav eat spots around the strip
i'll start:

musts:

Earl Of Sandwich (PH) 

Pizzeria @ The Cosmo

Sushi Samba (Palazzo)

avoid:

Yellowtail (Bellagio)

B&B (Venetian)

best buffet:

Mandalay Bay (srs)
Some of my faves...
China Poblano (Cosmo...same chef at Jaleo which is highly rated, havent tried Jaleo yet though. Mexican and Chinese tapas style)

Morels (Palazzo, great service, pot roast I had just slide off the bone. cheese platter was SO on point)

Aquaknox (Venetian, best seafood I've had there)

BLT Burger (Mirage, solid burgers, open late fri/sat)

Still need to try Bouchon (since I'm never going to get to go to French Laundry 
laugh.gif
). Also need to try the lobster pot pie at Nobhill at MGM. I also heard there's a great Brazillian Churrascaria off the strip (I think near where Terrible's is?) that I've wanted to try during the times I've had my car there.

The last couple times back I've tried to squeeze in atleast 1 meal at Joe's Stone Crab at the Caesars Forum Shops.  One tip, do NOT order the steak.  Not that its bad persay, but you are paying high end steakhouse prices for what is a very average steak.  The damn place is called Joe's STONE CRAB.  If you like crab, this is the spot.  The stone crab there is on point (Miami NTers will tell you wsup).  I will go in there and order some oysters on the half shell and a plate of stone crab and call it a night/meal.

This. Joe's Stone Crab is off the hook for Crabs, and the biscuits are incredible too. Fell in love with the place when i was in Miami...but like Mojod said...don't get the steak. I opted for the steak and 6 stone crabs when i was there and the steak was just mediocre, nothing to brag about but still ended up costing a pretty penny. 2 other people and i spent around $325 there not including tip, so don't go in there expecting to get out for anything less then $100 if you plan on eating good.

Another recommendation you gotta try out if you like seafood is RM in Mandalay Bay. Excellent seafood, the crab legs are off the hook and the service is some of the best i've ever had. I'd recommend the Crab Legs, The Pacific Halibut, or one of the Samplers. If you have a bit of extra cash, ask to dine upstairs and try the 7 course Prix Fixe.

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Originally Posted by mco85

Going to be there for the Floyd fight anyone else

Ill be there.

Where u staying I'm going to be in the signature / MGM

Will be there on Saturday, trying to hit up Marquee. Staying at the Cosmo.

Going to be there for the Floyd fight anyone else

Ill be there.

Where u staying I'm going to be in the signature / MGM

Will be there on Saturday, trying to hit up Marquee. Staying at the Cosmo.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

gracias
I stayed in the wraparound terrace 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wrap-Around-Terrace-with-a-View.jpg

lasco_phototour04.jpg

5020825717_8ffae5a32b.jpg

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

gracias
I stayed in the wraparound terrace 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wrap-Around-Terrace-with-a-View.jpg

lasco_phototour04.jpg

5020825717_8ffae5a32b.jpg

As far as the free upgrades go, when you slip the person checking you in some money for a bigger room. How often does that really work? I've been to Vegas a few times but never actually tried this. Im going the end of October with a few of my college friends and will try it then. Just wanted to see how often it really works, and if people get turned down more than they get upgraded.

As far as the free upgrades go, when you slip the person checking you in some money for a bigger room. How often does that really work? I've been to Vegas a few times but never actually tried this. Im going the end of October with a few of my college friends and will try it then. Just wanted to see how often it really works, and if people get turned down more than they get upgraded.

Originally Posted by Kicks10123

theres a Vegas thread over on the Travel forum on Fatwallet you might want to check out.  People post up their success/failures on the $20 trick.  They really break it down for you too in terms of hotel/date/time of check in/type of employee that helped them/story they used.

Originally Posted by Kicks10123

theres a Vegas thread over on the Travel forum on Fatwallet you might want to check out.  People post up their success/failures on the $20 trick.  They really break it down for you too in terms of hotel/date/time of check in/type of employee that helped them/story they used.

^ I'm going to the fight.

I always stay at the Venetian when I go to Vegas and never tried the $20 trick. Im going to try it next time

I always stay at the Venetian when I go to Vegas and never tried the $20 trick. Im going to try it next time

If u don't mind me asking how much are your tickets and how close areU to the ring

If u don't mind me asking how much are your tickets and how close areU to the ring

dressed up, hit the Blackjack Tables while the Gf was getting ready , I hit big & we went to Lavo for My birthday Dinner....we sat outside, I WAS MELTING. living in the bay..def not used to the HEAT
The heat is no joke this time of year, although I'm surprised a place like Lavo would even have the deck open without misters or some sort of cold air. Last summer I had outdoor tables at XS and Pure and just about died (and that was at night).Managed to get upgraded inside both nights, but it was brutal for at least the first bottle.

dressed up, hit the Blackjack Tables while the Gf was getting ready , I hit big & we went to Lavo for My birthday Dinner....we sat outside, I WAS MELTING. living in the bay..def not used to the HEAT
The heat is no joke this time of year, although I'm surprised a place like Lavo would even have the deck open without misters or some sort of cold air. Last summer I had outdoor tables at XS and Pure and just about died (and that was at night).Managed to get upgraded inside both nights, but it was brutal for at least the first bottle.

Back
Top Bottom