H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

More likely she's the type where if it can be explained not to be racist, it isn't.

I have nothing against debates and opposing viewpoints, but when you cite someone whose peak literacy is defined by "Runnin laps around the English channel, Neptunes, I got a cocker spaniel" and saying "What" a thousand times in a row, I don't want to hear any of the bull @#$@ you have to say. Might as well start citing Cardi B in discussions about women's rights.

thats next (Cardi B)

she already got these strippers out here rapping foreal

ugh

Pogba is a grown *** man and most likely approved of that ad. So Angela is being silly

Wait what

hahaha...he deleted all the tweets...

https://www.theroot.com/did-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-come-for-deray-mckes-1796876767
kdqc5izumcomcv7dyafl.jpg

fozum07yqzkkuze9tpfs.png

Nore goes out of his way to rep his Latin side though while not repping his Black side, and he looks like a typical African American male. I could see if he looked like Pitbull or Mark Anthony but he doesn’t lol.

i think the soccer ad is problematic since a lot of ppl wont know about soccer or the shoes

These advertising companies have some of the most creative minds in the world yet this is the route they take...

Black background (maybe after dark when you're coming home from work)
Upclose shot (to accentuate the facial expression)
Menacing glare (it's after dark and you're the unfortunate soul that happened to lock eyes on me)
Red font (which plays off the black background to almost give a danger vibe)

Oh by the way...no shoe in sight. You say these shoes are aimed at soccer fans...cool. Guess what? Adidas doesn't know where every soccer fan is so they're going to put these billboards random places. People will look up and this will play into conditioning them that this is the face of a menace...or predator

I don't play stupid and ignore the very climate and circumstances we currently live under to adopt a hypothetical ideology based in fairytale just so I won't look like the guy that "wants to be offended"

From being the auntia mamas, to being the clowns on rodeo shows, to Amos and andy, to the dove soap ad, to the H&M ad, again the evidence of them portraying us as criminals, predators, homosexual, evil etc is plenty and so it's nothing wrong with being a little cautious. If it was ad with a homosexual man in a trix commercial but it was no cereal in the ad and the caption read "not for kids" everyone of the gay brigade would be heavily offended and know exactly what it was implying and no amount of "bu bu bu the trix slogan is , trix are for kids" would change that they would be offended by the perception.

Evaluate how black men are portrayed in the media, movies music and then go back to what she is saying. We don't own these companies, the only way to get them to stop this is to complain at all cost. It is literally the way other groups move. But we sit here trying to prove we are not "overly offended" when the truth is, I don't give a damn if others think I am that.

Last edited:
i think the soccer ad is problematic since a lot of ppl wont know about soccer or the shoes

That's exactly why I said the ad is iffy. I got it immediately having seen the predator ads over time and knowing who that is, but the conditioning to make people automatically see that image and think in that way, or to automatically assume people think that way is too real.

That Pogba add looks like one of those Black male pictures racist cops use for target practice.

That's exactly why I said the ad is iffy. I got it immediately having seen the predator ads over time and knowing who that is, but the conditioning to make people automatically see that image and think in that way, or to automatically assume people think that way is too real.

He's one of the most famous soccer players in the world though and the Predator line has been around for over 20 years, its Adidas most popular line of soccer cleats. There are other ads in that same campaign that say "Predator" with white players.

Attachments

• mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 26232215_10103453788372443_7445175766213653348_o.jpg
    26232215_10103453788372443_7445175766213653348_o.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 16
He's one of the most famous soccer players in the world though and the Predator line has been around for over 20 years, its Adidas most popular line of soccer cleats. There are other ads in that same campaign that say "Predator" with white players.

So what if it is 20 years old.

So what if white players have been modeled.

That has NOTHING to do with the imagery of a BLACK MAN, having that world plastered over his picture.

Isn’t this how some people treating Ninja tho??

Ninja is a self-hating **** and an uncle Tom who blindly and vehemently defends white supremacy and racial inequality. He is treated fairly.

Does him approving it lessen how racially insensitive it is?

No.

It's not racially insensitive because of the context. Predator is the name of the product, and the athletes under that signature line have been depicted as "animals" who hunt and kill their prey for generations, regardless of their ethnic or racial background. In a sporting context this is a positive attribute and not an indictment.

It's the very essence and meaning of ad campaign that goes back over a decade. Context matters.

See I know this but your average black American probably has no idea :lol:

Ninja is a self-hating **** and an uncle Tom who blindly and vehemently defends white supremacy and racial inequality. He is treated fairly.

It's not racially insensitive because of the context. Predator is the name of the product, and the athletes under that signature line have been depicted as "animals" who hunt and kill their prey for generations, regardless of their ethnic or racial background. It's the essence of the meaning of an ad campaign that goes back over a decade. Context matters.
Context does NOT matter because as someone said, everyone doesn't know what the hell Predator is.

Back
Top Bottom