H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

And how is soccer racist?

Who is Pogba I’ve never heard of him? Is he any good?

+1 stats?

Oh?

3FD8FA5800000578-0-image-a-10_1493718288523.jpg

Nah

This pic is def different than Pogba’s though. Let’s be honest, Pogbas picture looks like a mugshot with predator across his face.

It's not the same but they didn't have Pogba out here posing like this. They had the sense to not make him look like Lebron on Vogue. The Predator line has EVERYONE looking like "predators" (obviously)

Adidas didn't make the ad for everyone though, they made it for potential buyers of premium soccer cleats. There are tons of those people

And how is soccer racist?

but everyone is going to see the ad not just soccer fans

and soccer fans in europe arent racist? i didnt mean the act of kicking a ball in a net is racist

i said the same exact pic

I thought Messi and Christiano Ronaldo were the most popular soccer players?

They definitely are, no doubt. Messi and Ronaldo at that Lebron level where everyone, even non sports fans, know who they are. You can walk put to a random guy in London or Madrid and they know Lebron James, they probably wouldn't know Steph Curry. Pogba is at that Steph Curry level where he's very famous in his sport but not quite the transcendent athlete that Lebron, Messi and Ronaldo are.

To be honest I thought more people in this thread would recognize him; guess not. :lol:

The mother approving the boy wearing the hoodie prob one of those folks holding a Blacks for Trump sign at a Trump rally.
no she probably didnt know it happened so h and m hung a cool mill over her head to say what she said

That's their fault for being uninformed and making ridiculous accusations about the product. Most people who know who Pogba is know about the Predator line, as it's one of the most iconic football shoes ever made. Adidas isn't going to change the name of its most famous model since 1994 because they have a black athlete wearing it now.
Most people ???????

Where is this MOST PEOPLE? At a Soccer Camp?

That is a separate argument but I will respectfully disagree

But damn, it is someone's fault for being ignorant about a shoe line? Interesting use of the word ignorant/fault here.

messi's race doesnt have a historical legacy of degradation behind

and its funny cuz there is no ad with any other race player exactly like that one

I feel like most brands don't make exact copies of their ads though. Like they've done animal prints on people and "instinct" ads. They def should have gone with a different idea for this one

Soccer fans in here reading "who is Pogba" like yall would read "who is Steph Curry" :lol:

Adidas isn't going to change the name of its most famous model since 1994 because they have a black athlete wearing it now.
Who asked that they change the line?

I am asking for them to be mlre aware of the imagery they use in their ads.

The NAME isn't the issue here.

The pic with him (and the WORDS) is

but everyone is going to see the ad not just soccer fans

and soccer fans in europe arent racist? i didnt mean the act of kicking a ball in a net is racist

i said the same exact pic
-Then say what you mean.

-I can see why someone might pause if they are ignorant of the History. But the poster does say "Master Control" under "Predator" and gives a location to find the cleats.

There is an entire ad campaign Adidas launched too with Pogba, this is just one zoomed still. You can find this same pic with a the cleats PS in too.

Context does matter and I think that H&M's actions were more gregarious.

Is Pogba a scorer or a defensive player? What ever happened to Mario Balotelli?

Most people ???????

Where is this MOST PEOPLE? At a Soccer Camp?

That is a separate argument but I will respectfully disagree

But damn, it is someone's fault for being ignorant about a shoe line? Interesting use of the word ignorant/fault here.

It's not anyone's fault for being ignorant about a shoe line.

However, it IS someone's fault for jumping to conclusions by not doing a 2 second Google search and seeing that all players who have worn the shoe have been portrayed similarly.

And yes, MOST PEOPLE outside of the US that watch the sport know what the Adidas Predator is, just like the same way most Americans that watch basketball know what Air Jordans are.

-Then say what you mean.

-I can see why someone might pause if they are ignorant of the History. But the poster does say "Master Control" under "Predator" and gives a location to find the cleats.

There is an entire ad campaign Adidas launched too with Pogba, this is just one zoomed still. You can find this same pic with a the cleats PS in too.

Context does matter and I think that H&M's actions were more gregarious.
I agree Rusty. Now if they had a black soccer player with dreadlocks in the add it would be different.

say what you mean? shut that **** up

you the only person to take soccer is racist to mean that

so now that we've established that still care to disagree?

its a racist ad for racist european soccer fans

It's not anyone's fault for being ignorant about a shoe line.

However, it IS someone's fault for jumping to conclusions by not doing a 2 second Google search and seeing that all players who have worn the shoe have been portrayed similarly.

And yes, MOST PEOPLE outside of the US that watch the sport know what the Adidas Predator is, just like the same way most Americans that watch basketball know what Air Jordans are.
It isn't jumping to conclusions to comment on what you see and how it makes you feel.

What are you missing?

Back
Top Bottom