H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

That poster looks like a movie that would be called predator

I dont watch soccer

I think its racist
Shrugs

Context does NOT matter because as someone said, everyone doesn't know what the hell Predator is.

That's their fault for being uninformed and making ridiculous accusations about the product. Most people who know who Pogba is know about the Predator line, as it's one of the most iconic football shoes ever made. Adidas isn't going to change the name of its most famous model since 1994 because they have a black athlete wearing it now.

so adidas is only trying to sell to people who know soccer only?

no new customers ever right?

no one ever gets introduced to soccer everyone in the world who knows about soccer already knows about it right?

even if that was the case, theres still the fact that their ad can offend even if ppl dont know soccer

Explains why it takes son 12 years to get an associates degree. I would pay to see one of his commmunity college academic term papers. Son prob be citing Dr. Seus.

There is no place for this type of comment here. If you feel that someone needs to be educated, and you are in a position to educate them, then raise them up. Making a comment that sounds like some low self-esteem does not accomplish that.

Why have a discussion about racism, which is one group of people feeling they are superior to another, then turn around and demonstrate that same tendency?

no one ever gets introduced to soccer everyone in the world who knows about soccer already knows about it right?

It's literally an ad for a line of soccer boots lol

You can't be this stupid man, it's a premium soccer cleat. :lol:

There is no place for this type of comment here. If you feel that someone needs to be educated, and you are in a position to educate them, then raise them up. Making a comment that sounds like some low self-esteem does not accomplish that.

Why have a discussion about racism, which is one group of people feeling they are superior to another, then turn around and demonstrate that same tendency?
Sorry

:nthat:

educate

i get that its a shoe

what yall are saying is soccer fans know this

what im saying is what about everyone else?

does adidas not want new customers or are they fine selling to a finite number of soccer fans only?

To say, "Nah it ain't racially insensitive, context matters." That is the same thing as saying, "I didn't mean to hurt you, that wasn't my intent."

Intent doesn't matter. Nobody gives a DAMN aboit context/intent.

Imagery is everything.
Picture/Word association is EVERY THING.

It being a 20 year old line means NOTHING AT ALL.

A black man has that Hilary Clinton word on his face. That is ALL that matters.

Foul

i get that its a shoe

does adidas not want new customers or are they fine selling to a finite number of soccer fans only?

Why would they be marketing boots to people who don't play soccer?

and soccer is already racist as hell

maybe the defense of this ad is more to protect the imagined sanctity of soccer

even if that was the case, theres still the fact that their ad can offend even if ppl dont know soccer

Typically only people who play soccer and know a good deal about are buying $200 soccer cleats. Of course Adidas wants new customers but they're using one of their established athletes to sell one of their established brands. It's not their fault that Americans can't identify one of the most famous athletes in the world. I do see your point though, if I knew nothing about what was going on I might take offense to it as well; we just have different perspectives. I posted it to get see what you guys though of the ad. I think it's a reach to call it racist but then again I'm familiar with the brand, the athlete and the sport. Do you view the same ad with Messi in it (still no soccer cleat featured) differently?

messi's race doesnt have a historical legacy of degradation behind

and its funny cuz there is no ad with any other race player exactly like that one

i get that its a shoe

Adidas didn't make the ad for everyone though, they made it for potential buyers of premium soccer cleats. There are tons of those people

And how is soccer racist?

and its funny cuz there is no ad with any other race player exactly like that one

Oh?

3FD8FA5800000578-0-image-a-10_1493718288523.jpg

Back
Top Bottom