H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

you got it dude im over it. If you dont see the biased in it you cant see how someone would feel at first glance without knowing the background

again first glance you might not see the addidas sign first thing i see is predator and a black dude.

C'mon man. The Adidas logo is practically on this head in huge font :lol:. At the end of the day if you're determined to find racism in something, you'll find it and I think you and hand2handking hand2handking have your minds made up. I just find your rationale illogical and easy to dismiss.

I'm a football fan & have been watching the sport since 89-90. I don't think the Pogba ad had malicious and/or racist intent but having a black man in an ad with the term predator does play on racist imagery (remember hilary calling black men "super predators").

Having said that, it's is everyone aware of adidas very strong nazi backround? Founder adolf was a card carrying member of the nazi party & even turned in his brother rudolf into the gestapo who forced him to fight on the front lines in an effort to gain control of the family business the 2 brothers owned.

The adidas factory was used to make heavy artillery including anti tank artillery which was feared among the allied troops. It was responsible for killing thousands of allied troops. adidas has never really atoned for their nazi past nor apologized.

In fact, they've spent a lot of money erasing as much of their history on the internet over the last decade.

Edit - rudolf dassler went on to form puma...

Last edited:
So someone that is interested in equality for ALL races is a power ranger? OK.

Looking at all of the posts you make with other races doing things that range from downright wrong to just things you simply disagree with the common theme is that you want everyone to be held accountable. But the moment someone holds you accountable for something you do, NOW we want understanding, we want to be allowed to grow, to be educated and mature, to refine our viewpoint. Which are you advocating? If you don't like being measured with the measuring stick you are holding others up to then change your measuring stick. No double standards allowed.

See point above. When you judge harshly expect it back.

im not saying advocating for all races is a bad thing but we see how black people fight for civil rights and then other races piggyback off that

so im skeptical of other races being of one accord with black people vs acting in their own self interest i.e. supporting white supremacy

you ask me which am i advocating but which are you advocating? that if i say something people dont like i be derided forever?

maturing and growing etc isnt that the goal regardless of what "measuring stick" i hold?

so i cant grow, cant mature im stuck in place right?

you cant even say i "hold my measuring stick" up to an individual on this board

i dont go out of my way to address a specific member a certain way based on what they say

i also dont take everything someone says literally to the point of haranging them for months

if the goal is to make me "mature and grow" then how is deriding and castigating not detrimental to that aim?

Last edited:
This is something people are doing and I seriously believe they aren’t consciously aware of it. I bought this up at the beginning of this post.

This. It's like the Hillary Clinton super predators thing. She didn't mention or allude to black people once in the entire speak, all she said was "some of these gang member are super predators with no empathy, etc...." and everyone jumped on her for saying black men are super predators. Are you assuming only black men are gang members? Is that your perception of black men or hers?

Last edited:
I'm a football fan & have been watching the sport since 89-90. I don't think the Pogba ad had malicious and/or racist intent but having a black man in an ad with the term predator does play on racist imagery (remember hilary calling black men "super predators").

Having said that, it's is everyone aware of adidas very strong nazi backround? Founder adolf was a card carrying member of the nazi party & even turned in his brother rudolf into the gestapo who forced him to fight on the front lines in an effort to gain control of the family business the 2 brothers owned.

The adidas factory was used to make heavy artillery including anti tank artillery which was feared among the allied troops. It was responsible for killing thousands of allied troops. adidas has never really atoned for their nazi past nor apologized.

In fact, they've spent a lot of money erasing as much of their history on the internet over the last decade.

But they gon say what kind of woke level is this

you sensitive bruh

or

or

you reaching hella far bruh

:smh:

its too simple ot grasp dont even have to go that deep with it

because black people never been labeled as "predator" in the past right?

You only validate that labeling when you suggest that black people need to be put in focus groups anytime the word “predator” is used.

In fact the only time I’ve seen black people and “predator” equated was that infamous Hillary Clinton clip and she didnt even actually say black people which also speaks to the logic being addressed here.

Regardless, that one clip vs. the millions of other great things people of color have contributed to this existence?

What they’re doing is working...on you.

again first glance you might not see the addidas sign first thing i see is predator and a black dude.

I think they were pretty blatant with the Adidas logo. They even made it the same color as the Predator logo. Maybe that's just me though.

You only validate that labeling when you suggest that black people need to be put in focus groups anytime the word “predator” is used.

In fact the only time I’ve seen black people and “predator” equated was that infamous Hillary Clinton clip and she didnt even actually say black people which also speaks to the logic being addressed here.

Regardless, that one clip vs. the millions of other great things people of color have contributed to this existence?

Hell nah the mod jus said that one instance can undo everything

No double standards

And it not validation its vigilance

i can see how the 90k people who liked that photo can see racism in it. I never owned a pair of addidas never played soccer never even seen it on TV.

yea maybe it wasnt addidas intent

but thats how they made people feel and thats what matters. Not addidas fault people felt that way. Companies need to do a better job is all im saying.

your her opinion

yeah its a reach...da purpose here is to eventual indoctrination of a victimhood mentality.

besides...
Predator_Movie.jpg

Ice_Cube_-_The_Predator_-_Album_Cover.jpg

:pimp:

I think the racially sensitive route for the Predator add would be to state something like "follow you instincts".

My Fiance works in advertisement and Marketing. An image like this go through multiple reviews before getting post/published. You can expect that adidas has a review board has a ethics committee. Someone missed the mark or knew what kind of reaction they would get with that image.

Yall remember this:

jerry-rice-Popeyes-Wingovations-.png

Both images Predator and Popeye perpetuate a stereotype about black men. I'm sure both adidas and popeyes could have found a dignified way for them to promote their products but they didn't because they knew what was going to give them the most clicks.

It's most def stereotyping, but is it negative? No shame in liking fried chicken.

Where can I get one of those helmets?

Back
Top Bottom