Hipsters Unappreciation

my ex girlfriend is a hipster and i actually met her at a floss concert...i like a lil bit of they music i cant front...but yea some of the best sex ive everhad.
laugh.gif

but seriously its not so much how they dress either even though i think its annoying. its jus the fact that I KNOW alot of them live off their rich parents cuzthe rent in wicker park and bucktown aint no joke. my ex's roomate mom and dad were a doc and a lawyer...takin care of her lazy@@%!@, an art schooldropout, who did part time bike messenging smh

If there's one thing blondsoccerplayr knows it's hate. Cuz lord knows everyone hates him.

Lol.

On topic though, a bunch of yall know a whole lot about these kids, like you pay CLOSE attention when theyre around. Seems odd, infatuation doesnt usually equal hate.

Either way, i find their whole style corny, but i have some friends that would be considered hipsters and theyre good folks, so i dont judge when i see the other weird lookin kids on Broadway.

^Well personally I go to school probably literally 1500+ and my school only has 3k people so you see them, have class with them, etc. alot... And I would sayhate is a strong word. And I don't think anyone in the this thread hates them. They just find things they do humorous providing an insightful/humorous oncommentary their actions, wears, etc.. I know hipsters that are good people too, that doesn't mean I still don't think their sheep to pseudo"lifestyle" and thats not to say I'm not sheep to something else, but some hipster wants to crack a joke about how I have like 60 pairs ofsneakers in my studio apt, I'll probably laugh with them if it's funny. People get too up tight about $#%# like a joke is going to kill you or some$#%#. I don't think anyone is going to argue that most if not all of the jokes in here aren't true in some degree so I don't really see theproblem. It's not like we're making this $#%# up they really do this $#%# and it's alittle absurd, end of the day more power to them, I don'treally %+@@!*# care, but I still think its funny...

I don't think anyone is "judging" anyone. I think most of the stuff in here is based on simple observed fact. And while maybe people areexaggerating things but that's part of the joke. No one needs to cry over this post. BSP interjection was complete unnecessary, we're not makingjudgements we're point out the irony or humor in things that actually exist and as far as I can say are 1st hand accounts.

Nothing like getting off the Train on Bedford ave and seeing a huge group of them walk into a bar

On topic though, a bunch of yall know a whole lot about these kids, like you pay CLOSE attention when theyre around.
Daily exposure to hispters for 5+ years will do that. And "when they're around" .. if they are always around, how do you not noticethem?

I guess you don't see many hispters in Seattle though. It always has been a third-rate city, afterall.

Originally Posted by CasperFromKIDS

On topic though, a bunch of yall know a whole lot about these kids, like you pay CLOSE attention when theyre around.
Daily exposure to hispters for 5+ years will do that. And "when they're around" .. if they are always around, how do you not notice them?

I guess you don't see many hispters in Seattle though. It always has been a third-rate city, afterall.

Lol.

Youve obviously never been to seattle.

On topic though, a bunch of yall know a whole lot about these kids, like you pay CLOSE attention when theyre around. Seems odd, infatuation doesnt usually equal hate.
all my friends are black hipsters lol i <3 la

i go to school out in el paso texas, not trying to generalize but a great amount of mexican guys that are in their teens and 20s dress like this. a lot ofpeople say its "in" in mexico. it's so lame to me, i could never date a dude who wore skinner jeans than i did and looked like a blind persongave him a hair cut. i saw this guy the other day who had a mohawk/mullet. the end of the mohawk was really long and curly the rest was flat ironed. it was theweirdest thing ever i wanted to take a picture but couldnt because i was working a fund raiser
indifferent.gif

lif everyone was the same it would be boring.
That's why hipsters are excruciatingly boring.
As American Apparels spread nation wide so does this lazy, self-righteous movement. There is nothing progressive about what they are, they just think there is.Its no coincidence that their migratory map is facilitated by the expansion of a chain clothing store.
They create the perfect mass for corporate America to appeal to. They will buy anything, and justify it with irony.
They're easier to sell things to than 13 year old girls in the suburbs.

Originally Posted by saint lt

i go to school out in el paso texas, not trying to generalize but a great amount of mexican guys that are in their teens and 20s dress like this. a lot of people say its "in" in mexico. it's so lame to me, i could never date a dude who wore skinner jeans than i did and looked like a blind person gave him a hair cut. i saw this guy the other day who had a mohawk/mullet. the end of the mohawk was really long and curly the rest was flat ironed. it was the weirdest thing ever i wanted to take a picture but couldnt because i was working a fund raiser
indifferent.gif

It's been like in D.F for awhile now......

Believe me, I'm not one to bend to these ridiculous labels of groups of people, with seemingly no distinctions between them, scenester, etc. But if youlive in some of the major cities listed in this thread they are a very obvious, specific group.

there are probably hipsters posting in this thread and we don't even know. they are so lame, they think they are being anti establishment but they are justfollowers of a trend like every1 else. hipsters and emos are harmless and i prefer them over thugs or other types of people, but they all need to findthemselves.

YEah American Apparel is spreading like crazy but I like their movement they got going on - their prices are on the high side because their factories are inthe States...so they don't use the cheap labor found in the other 3rd world countries. They're against that kind of labor. I learned that from a friendand my view on A.A. has been different every since.

But it's not like the majority of hipsters know that so.....they're gonna be popping up in a city near you

Personally I can't relate to any of that, but the stereotypes are plentiful on both sides of the fence .... they could be saying the same things abouthip-hop/urban culture .......

American Apparel, fixed gear bikes, Vans, Starbucks, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Plugs, Tight jeans

are to

Scar Face T-shirt, 30" rims, Uptowns, Wendy's dollar menu, Grey Goose, Grills, Baggy jeans

Being that I live in the East Village and see hipsters all the time, my question is, how do they make money? B/c they don't have regular jobs.

roll.gif
roll.gif

couldnt agree more....they suck the life str8 outta this great culture we have here....and more and more jump on the bandwagon almost biweekly lol

Back
Top Bottom