Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Summarize in one short paragraph: The Palestinian Authority is working with US officials on a plan to run Gaza once the war between Israel and Hamas is over, the Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh has said.

Shtayyeh said he did not think Israel could destroy Hamas and that his preferred solution was for Hamas to become a junior partner in the umbrella Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) and help build an independent Palestinian state in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.

“If [Hamas] are ready to come to an agreement and accept the political platform of the PLO, then there will be room for talk. Palestinians should not be divided,” Shtayyeh said in an interview with Bloomberg.

“We need to put together a mechanism, something we’re working on with the international community. There will be huge needs in terms of relief and reconstruction to remedy the wounds.”

US officials have been pushing for the PA, which exercises limited self-rule in parts of the occupied West Bank and also ruled Gaza until it was driven out by Hamas in 2007, to play a key role in governing postwar Gaza, and have floated the idea of an international force helping to manage security in the enclave for an interim period.

However, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the idea of the PA being involved in Gaza’s postwar governance, and ruled out accepting an international peacekeeping force in the enclave, insisting only Israeli forces could ensure his country’s security.

I think it’s bc US doesn’t want it. There have been 66 casualties in Syria and Iraq on the US side (mostly injuries but serious enough to ship the guys back to USA). In any other time that would mean war.

Hezbollah been liquidating many Israeli soldiers in the north. In any other time the US ships would be firing rockets at Lebanon.
Yemen. Forget about it. They woulda been nuked by now.

US is anemic right now. Money wise. Weapons wise. Foot soldier wise and MOST IMPORTANTLY- reputation wise.

In grand scheme of things, this war is still “early”

It's 2024 election season.

I think Biden is just riding it through to appease to his biggest donors, AIPAC.

Also, not sure the public is up to be pulled into war considering there's already an outcry on funding and tax dollars aiding the genocide.

Is the actual answer a complete raizing of the entire area and a complete and total eviction of both parties? Rememeber when you and your siblings couldnt share and your mom threatened to take it from both of you?I'm sure NATO countries are jumping at the opportunity to be inundated with more mass migration.

If only Israel wasn't just an extension of the US militiary complex.

If true, would make sense since most of the attacks on Israelis are while they sit in their tanks. I imagine once they get hit and catch fire, it’s like being in the worst car accident of your life

It's 2024 election season.

I think Biden is just riding it through to appease to his biggest donors, AIPAC.
There are bigger concerns than winning an election.

Considering that Turkey and the US are on the opposite sides of this conflict, a wider war in the Middle East risks weakening NATO. NATO without Turkey strengthens Russia's ability to reclaim its old vassals. I want to think that the US cares more about this alliance than the Israeli partnership.

I also want to think that the US cares about keeping the Suez Canal open, and one way to do that without committing forces is to not weaken its relationship with Egypt.

Besides the Israeli right-wing and Hamas, the only entities that would benefit from a wider war are US adversaries.

There are bigger concerns than winning an election.

Considering that Turkey and the US are on the opposite sides of this conflict, a wider war in the Middle East risks weakening NATO. NATO without Turkey strengthens Russia's ability to reclaim its old vassals. I want to think that the US cares more about this alliance than the Israeli partnership.

I also want to think that the US cares about keeping the Suez Canal open, and one way to do that without committing forces is to not weaken its relationship with Egypt.

Besides the Israeli right-wing and Hamas, the only entities that would benefit from a wider war are US adversaries.
Wrong

You gotta stop thinking of Israel as a strategic ally but rather being part of the US. They own congress. Big donors own them. It’s not a “we support them bc they are allies…”

It’s more like “they are us. We are them”

The guy Joe Biden sent to go negotiate with Israel recently is an Israeli born IDF serving department of energy guy. You really think that guy is fit to represent America in such a situation?

Last edited:
Wrong

You gotta stop thinking of Israel as a strategic ally but rather being part of the US. They own congress. Big donors own them. It’s not a “we support them bc they are allies…”

It’s more like “they are us. We are them”

The guy Joe Biden sent to go negotiate with Israel recently is an Israeli born IDF serving department of energy guy. You really think that guy is fit to represent America in such a situation?
Lol no.

This is conspirational thinking.

Just read the answers below:

Is it possible to find former IDF soldiers in the US government? Yes, because the IDF drafts everybody with Israeli citizenship, and prior service in a foreign military doesn't exclude one from serving in the US government.

Is it likely? No, because anyone that has served with a foreign military will be heavily scrutinized for certain roles within the US government. There is no "they are us and we are them." The Israeli government wouldn't need to spy on us if that were the case.

The US doesn't trust anyone in the Middle East more than they trust the Israelis. It's their only guaranteed foothold in the region. In return for this access, we provide support. Mutual interests.

Seems like the Houthis in Yemen may declare war or start attacking American/all other ships that try and cross into the Red Sea. Israel has said they will attack Yemen if we don't.

Seems like the Houthis in Yemen may declare war or start attacking American/all other ships that try and cross into the Red Sea. Israel has said they will attack Yemen if we don't.

Been out all day so missed a lot of news;

Looks like they did actually declare a full blockade

"Yemen has now announced a total blockade of Israeli-bound ships no matter what their nationality. This will only be lifted if the same companies that own the ships start shipping aid to Gaza."

If true, would make sense since most of the attacks on Israelis are while they sit in their tanks. I imagine once they get hit and catch fire, it’s like being in the worst car accident of your life

Lmaooo Foh with that bull****, the images of these “wounded” soldiers would be all over our feeds, mareas we get the IDF dancing and singing on top of rubbles

Slowly but surely the Zionist states are being rejected by the countries in the region.

If war breaks out against Yemen, UAE and Saudi Arabia will have their infrastructure (particularly their oil infrastructure) destroyed.

Urgent | The Washington Post, according to an American official: The Biden administration’s plan is to expand Joint Task Force 153 to protect ships after #Houthi attacks

Back
Top Bottom