Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

He’s just a smart idiot. He could have made this all work but was hustling backwards from a business perspective. If he would have pitched me this I would have had 10x the questions his backers did.

Watching the Hulu doc. Everyone said it was basically impossible to pull of them n the allotted time, but climbed on board anyway. Ha! FOMO.

These ******* guys should be locked up for this ****, gotta be some sort of fraud or something

Edit: after finishing i see he is going to jail and it is fraud :lol:

Pretty much just shows that these "influencers" will promote/do anything for cash. No dd or anything, but i guess thats not really surprising. :lol:

And were these *******s paying 50 grand plus for tickets, really? Who the **** are these ppl

Last edited:
Chanel Iman :evil:

Embarrassing watching them try to plan and market the event. Getting tipsy, wild disorganized, just making sh*t up as they went. No regard for basic needs like plumbing. Completely blinded by the end result.

that guy was about to suck some D for some water to be released by imports smh.

But overall the entire thing was a mess and they aimed too high. Then that rain didn't help at all

If it wasn’t for prior endeavors, I would think Billy just didn’t know what the hell he was doing. I also think that “bartender” was more than just a bartender.

I still have to see the Netflix doc. You can tell the Hulu doc had some editing trick to makes some people look worst than they are.

“We actually got a villa. I felt bad for those who didn’t...hehehehe.”

Okay so I don't think I've ever jumped into this thread until right now, and I've seen it plenty of times. Watched the Netflix doc last night. I don't even recall hearing about this scandal but my God that was WILD to watch. Billy is a snake.

Dude shoulda just stopped with Magnesis and focused on the talent booking app

I actually thought the concept of Fyre booking was very smart. Savage Ja ran with it after Billy was sentenced and threw a different name to it :lol:

^ I see a lot of ppl outraged at FJerry, which I understand but on the fence about. They're hired for marketing and did a damn good job at it. If we're gonna hold them accountable then we gotta hold these "influencers" accountable too. Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid better cough up some bread for those locals who worked their butt's off for free. Literally modern day slavery :smh: :angry:

Ja better do something right and reimburse that lady :smh:

Billy McFarland clearly didn't give 2 ****s about anyone while putting together this scam. Ja is no better. I doubt he'll ever see the doc, but there is no way he's oblivious to the pain he caused the native Bahamians by screwing up their finances. All the people who got scammed here stateside most likely had the luxury of having a trust fund to fall back on or a lawyer in their phone contacts to help recoup lost funds. Not the same on the island. :smh:

*If you were to ask me which washed up rapper would get caught up in one of the biggest scams of the past 10 years, I'd pick Fat Joe or Ja Rule.

What was the motivation of the Asian dude with the selfie stick who for no apparent reason started "ransacking" and cutting up the tents?

Surprised he didn't get the brakes beaten off him.

He's a loser who enjoyed every minute of it. Don't get it twisted. He was doing **** on that island that he probably didn't have the guts to do here in the states. You see guys like this everywhere.

FJerry ran their Social, they had other agency’s handle more traditional marketing.

What companies will hire FJerry moving forward (or those who were involved) will be interesting.

This dude Ja Rule didn't even wind up going to the island the day of and STILL had nerve to talk about "we're a lot of smart minds on this call right now" :smh: .

Billy dude running another scam while out on bail :smh:

He deserves more than 6 years fed time

Where does it say he's out on bail?

At the end of the netflix doc while out on bail for the Fyre festival scam him and this other guy were contacting people who bought fyre tickets through spam e-mails/phone calls.

Offering meet and greets with celebs, tickets to events that aren't open to the public, tickets to concerts that weren't even on sale yet. Made $100,000 while out on bail

Billy really didn’t give a **** about a single Person involved. His Fyre app team that had nothing to do with the festival,

Billy: yeah guys, things just got messed up. Just don’t talk about what happened to anybody. We’re a team. Oh yeah, going forward you won’t be getting paid because we don’t have payroll, so just a heads up on that. You’re not fired or anything, so no worries.

Team: ummmmm....so by not firing us and not paying us, you just hope that we quit on our own, making us ineligibile for unemployment benefits?

Billy:.............................I’m not sure how that will affect your unemployment benefits. I’m not sure how that works.

Sums up his whole outlook on everything. Not sure how anything works, but lemme take your money and don’t worry about anything else. Also no more questions.

Ja and Billy are one of kind. He might not be running scams but he was happy to turn a blind eye and be the loudmouth idiot boss.

What was the motivation of the Asian dude with the selfie stick who for no apparent reason started "ransacking" and cutting up the tents?

Surprised he didn't get the brakes beaten off him.
Dude had me furious. Wht was the point of that? Get your tent and belongings and let other people sort theirs out.

Back
Top Bottom