Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

The festival was never going to work, no matter how much time/money they put into it. The island itself wasn't big enough for that many people + housing, then there are local people living there, too.

No way he was not fully aware of the mess that was to come from trying to pass this product off as something comparable to cochella.

I hope you don't think Ja Rule was involved in the day to day and planning.

That's why nobody else faced charges besides Billy. Ja was a celeb face to help sell Billy's con.

How much money did he finesse out of that lady that “believed” in him?

And why didn’t anybody else face charges?

The night before the festivial did Billy really expect any of the billed artist to show up? I know they had Blink-182 IG post about not going, but other than that the docs didn’t indicate what artists were on the verge of even seriously considering going a few days out

How much money did he finesse out of that lady that “believed” in him?

And why didn’t anybody else face charges?

I think everyone assumes the festival and people getting stranded in the bahamas with tents is what got him locked up, that was the lawsuit part of it.

He defrauded investors and mocked up phony wire transfers after getting all the loans n money from them. Pretending to pay them back but all the money he made on the ticket sales just went back in to buying more stuff needed for the festival

My understanding, if im wrong somebody chime in.

The night before the festivial did Billy really expect any of the billed artist to show up? I know they had Blink-182 IG post about not going, but other than that the docs didn’t indicate what artists were on the verge of even seriously considering going a few days out

I dont think they really booked anyone. From what i gathered they talked with some but never paid them % upfront like most artists get.

Where is Ja so I can make sense of all this
200.gif

giphy.gif

I just can’t believe it got to the point where people actually flew out there.

I actually remember when info was first posted I wanted to go cause GOOD music was attached to it. But never actually looked into the tickets or anything serious. I remember like yesterday the infamous sandwich picture and everyone tweeting how terrible it was and a free for all at night

You know when things like this happen it almost always gets exaggerated so much that 50% is truth and 50% is made up.

Looking back at day 1 of this when it happened and my own memory of seeing all the hype leading up to it and being skeptical its truly something so wild. This whole ordeal is insane and all the stories are damn near 100% accurate and go hand/hand word/word with the documentary

And after that whole thing fell apart and he got exposed this dude was still juggin and finessin people for with fake emails selling VIP passes, award show tickets, celebrity meet and greets. :lol:

Ja was still selling the scam on that lil conference call talking bout "we'll bounce back from this!!!" :lol:

And after that whole thing fell apart and he got exposed this dude was still juggin and finessin people for with fake emails selling VIP passes, award show tickets, celebrity meet and greets. :lol:

Ja was still selling the scam on that lil conference call talking bout "we'll bounce back from this!!!" :lol:

billy intially brought on Ja to promote the Fyer App. During on of their fyer app meetings one of the fyer app employees brought up the festival idea to pitch the app. That confererence call was with the fyer app employees, besides the festival idea from the one employee and the wristbands that was thier only involvement in the app. They all said Billy billy limited thier participation in the festival. The only people in that conference call were the fyer app employees. JA was telling the fyre app team, the festival which supposed to help get talent for the app didnt work and they woukd over come it. Understandbly the fyerapp team was pissed and ja was yelling at them and they had really nothing to do with festival and billy had neglected them the whole time till that meeting.

Saw the Netflix doc and amazed how the investors didn't have any due diligence.

Felt bad for the Bahamian people. All those hours worked with no pay.

I didn’t really pay attention while my girl was watching

But the bits I did pick up on.. they got no one to blame but themselves, all of em

I’m from the Bahamas and live in the Bahamas.. clearly they didn’t actually talk to anyone down before trying to set things up and tried to just do.. also within the doc itself they would be talking about 1 place and showing images from a completely different island (there was footage of Nassau in it, for example)

hold up you ain’t from philly??

Back
Top Bottom