Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

i was at chappelle's show last night. he said he doesn't care what the white media says, kanye is still black. he also said he spoke with him a few days ago, and he's still the same kanye. everyone thinks that the money / Kardashians changed him, but he's still the same pre-famous kanye. he compared kanye to jack johnson (boxer).

Kanye's halloween costume this year should be

hqdefault.jpg

If you've been rocking with Kanye since his debut you know he's at least cognizant of the history of black plight in America.

Both of his parents were activists, the man has lost it. It's either that or he's purposefully being ignorant so he can he do Drake numbers for that next album.
Yeah i'm not buying the ignorance from the son of a black panther and a college professor claiming to know Bernie's politics well enough to run on that platform but no idea about Trumps. Yeah right, EAD.

80% of me agrees with this. the other 20% thinks we're discrediting how mentally strong slaves were that fought back and weak the docile ones were.

I will say this though, we can't imagine being enslaved in 2018. Slaves might have looked the same but the dialects and cultures were different among most of the Africans. It was very calculated so it would have been challenging to form revolt initially.

as strong as those few that fought back were, how can you look down on those that were broken by a system and society that was specifically designed to break them? the nat turners and hariet tubmans of the time were something special but their strength doesnt automatically point to everyone else welcoming slavery with open arms. I liken it to the mentality of someone being in jail for something they didnt commit. at some point its you vs the law and the law determined that you lost.

i was at chappelle's show last night. he said he doesn't care what the white media says, kanye is still black. he also said he spoke with him a few days ago, and he's still the same kanye. everyone thinks that the money / Kardashians changed him, but he's still the same pre-famous kanye. he compared kanye to jack johnson (boxer).

Of course he’s gonna defend his friend, Chappelle has a huge white fan base. His shows like 80% white.

Anybody here decide they WONT listen to his album?

I am way more intrigued by it now than I was 15 days ago

I won’t hear it. I didn’t have much interest before all this happened. Last two albums were awful, his music trash now

Dude's really speaking on what they would do or what someone should've done in the face of sheer evil and condtions both mental and physical that are completely out of the realm of ANYTHING they've actually endured isn't even comical it's disgusting and sad.

Calling a slave weak/docile because they didn't fight back sounds like some "pull yourself up from your bootstraps" B/S.

I don't think it's bs and I'm well aware of roadblocks in front of us. I think a combination of that mentality with also being aware is very crucial.

Dude's really speaking on what they would do or what someone should've done in the face of sheer evil and condtions both mental and physical that are completely out of the realm of ANYTHING they've actually endured isn't even comical it's disgusting and sad.

I would not have been Nat Turner. I know for a fact I would have been picking cotton and being scared of massa.

But that would have been my choice.

What revolution are you leading today?

I am not trying to lead a revolution. I overcame poverty, went to an hbcu, have a great job in luxury fashion marketing (hence the glass ceiling kanye speaks to touches home), and actively participate in my community (tutoring kids, giving back to boys n girls club)

That is me attempting to be the best me and passing wisdom down to our youth.

Did I experience racism and roadblocks on the way? OF COURSE but I "pulled up my bootstraps". So please enlighten me on the revolution you're leading as well.

Even when you did have random slaves that ran off, or fought back slave masters, what happened? They were made examples of. Had slave patrols hunt for them, caught, whipped to having infinite welt marks (best case scenario), lynched (worst case scenario) or numerous other cruel punishments. Other slaves see that image and don't want the same punishment.

On some "how did those Jews just willingly march into the chambers like that?" :stoneface:

I am not trying to lead a revolution. I overcame poverty, went to an hbcu, have a great job in luxury fashion marketing (hence the glass ceiling kanye speaks to touches home), and actively participate in my community (tutoring kids, giving back to boys n girls club)

That is me attempting to be the best me and passing wisdom down to our youth.

on the backs of those docile black people :rolleyes

I wouldn’t expect chappelle to say anything.

I think the charlemagne interview was great. Clear head space, vulnerable and still dropped gems (balancing imperfections i.e black celebrities, dealing with mental illness)

Don't you find his thoughts are discombulated ? From that interview I had to rewind a few times to get what he's saying.

Like he uses words out of context. His streams of thoughts are a flight of ideas. I don't find they flow.

He still seemed out of it or talking as if he is from another stream of consciousness or dimension.

Don't you find his thoughts are discombulated ? From that interview I had to rewind a few times to get what he's saying.

Like he uses words out of context. His streams of thoughts are a flight of ideas. I don't find they flow.

He still seemed out of it or talking as if he is from another stream of consciousness or dimension.

He's always talked like that but I def feel you. I'm also sure medication is contributing to it.

He's always talked like that but I def feel you. I'm also sure medication is contributing to it.
I used to get him more from his first few albums and in interviews.

But for the past decade, in interviews, it is like he tries to express 50 thoughts at once in his head. It is as if all his thoughts get broken in half. He starts off saying half of his first thought before another one crashes and then he tries to express that one. The thoughts overlap. Hard for me to explain it.

Not only the meds, but if he has bipolar, that's how the racing thoughts get in your head. That's why I feel his perception on things has become this distorted. Dude is confused as hell.

I would not have been Nat Turner. I know for a fact I would have been picking cotton and being scared of massa.

But that would have been my choice.

no, slavery was an entire system built for free labor. a group of people being systematically broken down is no individuals choice and you are wrong for thinking this.

some of y'all need to try these arguments with holocaust instead of slavery and see how ridiculous they sound.

His thoughts are disjointed and he often can't explain himself or give a reason for his beliefs

I don't see how anyone can take him serious.

beat it, boy.

Keep it 3, you can't mentally project who you are now into the life of a slave then. No internet to inform you, no schooling to educate you, you'd 100% be a completely different person.

It's hard to really say.

Edit: may have misread the message the post you were replying to was trying to send though, its a little ambigous. Almost like he takes it 100% as his responsibility for being a slave. But that'd be ridiculous... But NT'ers can be ridiculous sometimes

or change the college dropout bear into a racoon

That meme would be gold..... You gotta make that happen

Back
Top Bottom