Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I am not trying to lead a revolution. I overcame poverty, went to an hbcu, have a great job in luxury fashion marketing (hence the glass ceiling kanye speaks to touches home), and actively participate in my community (tutoring kids, giving back to boys n girls club)

That is me attempting to be the best me and passing wisdom down to our youth.

Did I experience racism and roadblocks on the way? OF COURSE but I "pulled up my bootstraps". So please enlighten me on the revolution you're leading as well.

Play that situation out 10 times and there is a chance you would end up right qhere you started. Be thankful you made it out man. Count your lucky stars

no, slavery was an entire system built for free labor. a group of people being systematically broken down is no individuals choice and you are wrong for thinking this.

some of y'all need to try these arguments with holocaust instead of slavery and see how ridiculous they sound.

Holocaust and Slavery are too different to compare.

Being systemically broken down was the result of slavery. Hypothetically, if everyone was Nat turner slavery wouldn't exist. I think we're having a hard time looking at the word "choice" in a vacuum.

Play that situation out 10 times and there is a chance you would end up right qhere you started. Be thankful you made it out man. Count your lucky stars

I disagree

Friends I grew up with that didn't make it out made bad decisions along the way and blamed it on the man..

Did I have to work harder, yes I did. Should it be like that, no. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna work as hard as I do.

Hypothetically, if everyone was Nat turner slavery wouldn't exist. I think we're having a hard time looking at the word "choice" in a vacuum.

If everyone was Albert Einstein we'd have flying cars and Star Trek transporters. That's not how the world works though. Less than 1% of the population are extraordinary people.

Holocaust and Slavery are too different to compare.

Being systemically broken down was the result of slavery. Hypothetically, if everyone was Nat turner slavery wouldn't exist. I think we're having a hard time looking at the word "choice" in a vacuum.
If everyone was Nate turner
We would be dead
Slavery was not a ******* choice
Can’t believe this is really
A discussion right now
And not only that
But black folks are arguing
with each other about it
I swear man
We so divided
And dumb
This is why we still in some the the situations
We are in

If everyone was Nate turner
We would be dead
Slavery was not a ****ing choice
Can’t believe this is really
A discussion right now
And not only that
But black folks are arguing
with each other about it
I swear man
We so divided
And dumb
This is why we still in some the the situations
We are in

Remaining enslaved was. Slavery was not a choice.

and disagreement is not why we're still in some of these situations...Tribalism is

If everyone was Albert Einstein we'd have flying cars and Star Trek transporters. That's not how the world works though. Less than 1% of the population are extraordinary people.

If I cared to be a physicist id be albert einstein also. Nat Turner didn't study to be brave and risk himself for the greater good.

If I cared to be a physicist id be albert einstein also. Nat Turner didn't study to be brave and risk himself for the greater good.

You could strive to be Albert Eienstein, doesn't mean you would be. I'm sure a thousand physicists think they are and we still don't have renewable energy.

Every physicist isn't Eienstein
Every revolutionary isn't Brother Malcolm or Huey Newton
Every General isn't George Patton
...and every slave wasn't Nat Turner or Harriet Tubman

Lol you know i’m just arguing about the word choice. The results of that choice is a different conversation

But we can’t even acknowledge that there was a choice of death, torture or freedom

Y’all *****s are in this ***** just saying ANYTHING :lol::lol: What does this statement mean bro? All stand up comedians joke about slavery? Tell me a classic or popular slave joke your favorite, I’m drawing a blank.
im saying people take serious things and make fun of them all the time. this is not a new thing
this isn't the thread for you

and why does it have to be my favorite?
why are you being so dense?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/fvumm1/chappelle-s-show--roots--outtakes

Last edited:
Lol you know i’m just arguing about the word choice. The results of that choice is a different conversation

But we can’t even acknowledge that there was a choice of death, torture or freedom

And what were the risks of trying to obtain freedom? Torture or death. That is assuming slaves even knew what freedom was.

You know freedom to be the right to life, liberty and the "pursuit of happiness". The average slave thought freedom was getting a butter buscuit for good behavior. Until extraordinary individuals (1%) born among them realized that was not what freedom was.

Y’all *****s are in this ***** just saying ANYTHING :lol::lol: What does this statement mean bro? All stand up comedians joke about slavery? Tell me a classic or popular slave joke your favorite, I’m drawing a blank.

The sketch on Chappelle Show where the haters went back in time was great :lol:

Boondocks Story of Catcher Freeman was great too.

Not stand up but still comedy centered around slavery.

Back
Top Bottom