Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I disagree

Friends I grew up with that didn't make it out made bad decisions along the way and blamed it on the man..

Did I have to work harder, yes I did. Should it be like that, no. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna work as hard as I do.
And in an alternate life, YOU could be one that made those same bad decisions. I think about my life the same way. I made it out, many of my friends didn't. Some of those friends had 2 parents as well. EYE could have easily ended up making a bad choice at some point and went down the wrong path. Again, count your blessings man

So now we are applying the "pick yourselves up by your own bootstraps" stuff to slaves.

This is another level of buffoonery.

It is one thing to ignore and hand wave away the systemic forces oppressing black people today to push that bootstraps nonsense. But now dudes are going to ignore the forces that existed during slavery too.

What a time. :smh:

Last edited:
A lot of yall lookin real stupid in this thread, Some of yall need to take the ancestral trip like t’challa and tell your ancestors slavery was a choice. I’d love to see them smack the fire out of yall. People toughed it out together through slavery, through the civil rights movement and into now just to have some dumb *** ****** for kids talkin bout “ I’m no chump I woulda jumped off the boat, sbeing enslaved is yall choice” yall woulda been dead before you even got to the deck foh. And if yall did rebel and escape I know for a damn fact yall would have not returned and try to help free the others like our ancestors did. what yall saying is a cop out to try to make kanye sound like he is making sense. Kanye never cared about yall and he’s showing that in his actions, he’s no genius. He’s just in it for himself. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves frfr.

It is VERY easy to say what we would have done back then man but in reality, none of us really know how tough we really are. I think it is ignorant to even speak on what you THINK you would have done. But then again, yall are the same dudes that think yall could score 10 pts in an NBA game, so your concept realism is foggy.

But forreal, stop wasting time on folks that are talking ignorant man.

It is VERY easy to say what we would have done back then man but in reality, none of us really know how tough we really are. I think it is ignorant to even speak on what you THINK you would have done. But then again, yall are the same dudes that think yall could score 10 pts in an NBA game, so your concept realism is foggy.

But forreal, stop wasting time on folks that are talking ignorant man.

Dudes get dry mouth from tweeting but think they won’t get beat off the dribble by Tim Quarterman or Tyler Ennis :lol:

Lol you know i’m just arguing about the word choice. The results of that choice is a different conversation

But we can’t even acknowledge that there was a choice of death, torture or freedom
That's entirely the conversation. You are the only one that is arguing about the literally meaning of the word "choice" the rest of us are aware of the many factors that made it nearly impossible to choose anything other than remaining a slave, but you dismiss that and focus on "... well they can choose to run and die".

I would not have been Nat Turner. I know for a fact I would have been picking cotton and being scared of massa.

But that would have been my choice.

I really loathe the idea that there was a choice to be had that wouldn't realistically result in death.

Imagine being put in an environment where there are fences around you, people standing outside that fence with the mission to capture or kill you if you run away, and the only thing you have in common with the people in captivity with you being the color of your skin. That is, your fellow slaves don't understand your language and you don't understand theirs, you have different customs, and probably different understanding of life. Let's also add that you don't know much about life beyond the property; you're not even supposed to be able to read, write and navigate this new world. Slave life was designed to isolate its subjects.

The most successful slave revolt resulted in the independence of the first black nation (Haiti) and a concerted effort by the US, France, Spain, and other slave nations to isolate Haiti until it paid back what France had lost by losing their portion of Hispaniola, which Haiti did for 200 years.

Where was the choice, other than surviving?

Dudes get dry mouth from tweeting but think they won’t get beat off the dribble by Tim Quarterman or Tyler Ennis :lol:

The Washed thread is 40+ pages long with majority of dudes in there complaining about bad knees and joints in their mid 20s-early 30s. Somehow they'd still score on prime Iguodala and singlehandedly start successful slave rebellions.....

The Washed thread is 40+ pages long with majority of dudes in there complaining about bad knees and joints in their mid 20s-early 30s. Somehow they'd still score on prime Iguodala and singlehandedly start successful slave rebellions.....
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So I'm assuming you're a top name in fashion?

My name is starting to make noise in my industry (partially because i'm young and black). My campaign is all over nyc, and for the first time ever my company has partnered with a rap artist and streaming platform. I have a very long way to go on my journey and none of my own success is relevant to the point i’m making. It does allow me to help my community. So stop all the agendas and tribalism and try to help your community anyway you can.

And let me get this squared away. I fully agree with every sentiment yall have towards slavery in this thread. On another note, I do not believe in using excuses in not bettering our communities. I’m sure Rusty and all his companions will say this is me ignoring our history and current social,political, economic roadblocks....I am not ignoring anything because I deal with them on a daily basis. I refuse to let them define me like many in our community choose to do.

And LOL and slaves just leaving to go and live their lives as is nothing happened.

- never taught to read
- won’t be sold anything to eat by anyone white (everyone else at the time)
- most likely be shot on sight by any white man
- won’t have a safe place to live
- not allowed to go to any educational facility
- will be jailed on sight by white law enforcement
- are being hunted by KKK and other racists groups

The list goes on.

Sound familiar?

Oh yes

“Serve me or forever burn in hell”

- white Jesus

So much “choice”

And let me get this squared away. I fully agree with every sentiment yall have towards slavery in this thread. On another note, I do not believe in using excuses in not bettering our communities. I’m sure Rusty and all his companions will say this is me ignoring our history and current social,political, economic roadblocks....I am not ignoring anything because I deal with them on a daily basis. I refuse to let them define me like many in our community choose to do.
It is a fine line betwee

A. Acknowledging our history puts us in a disadvantaged situation

While

B. Move forward and not feel like that same history isn't holding you back (at times)

It is a tough thing to balance. You are correct

I've heard "slavery was in the past, get over it" and "slavery wasn't that bad", but "slavery was a choice" is seriously a new low.

Kanye is a ****in idiot and his opinion should be ignored moving forward. I wonder if he knows how much he's embarrassing his mother right now?

I really hate the concept of "I made it, so why can't everyone else?" We don't live in a country that runs only on merit. Just because you weren't held back by discrimination, it doesn't mean there aren't highly qualified people of color not even getting an interview because of an ethnic name on their resumes.

Last edited:
People not realize you can do more than one thing at a time right? Any argument that starts with “but what about....” is garbage

I really hate the concept of "I made it, so why can't everyone else?" We don't live in a country that runs only on merit. Just because you weren't held back by discrimination, it doesn't mean there aren't highly qualified people or color not even getting an interview because of an ethnic name on their resumes.
These arguments are made by people who don’t understand basic statistics. Outliers DO happen

man its interesting that Kanye hasn't gotten much criticism for saying black people only care when a white guy kills a black guy, "what about black on black crime" etc right wing anti BLM crap he said. i know van lathan had to be seething hearing Candace holler "FACT" as kanye spewed all those racist *** talking points.

is it just because that part didnt make the viral clip?

in other news, i'm looking forward to the album and his new clothes (those color palette's :nthat:)

exciting times we live in

Back
Top Bottom