Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

You still havent answered my original questions. You just given me average income levels of the American jewish population.

You have any statistic on this jewish top level dominancy in "certain industries", or you just pulling talking points from nazi handbooks?

Also what makes it disproportionate? What is the correct/ideal proportion in your opinion?

disregarding all the jewish talk, I'm interested in this topic, regardless of race/religion/ethnicity
i kinda think that a higher income level does mean you have more power to do things or influence things

but im curious on the opposite side of the spectrum. (which i believe you are trying to express) why or how a higher income level won't get you more influence or power?
I'm tryna learn/understand both sides
Higher income level means you have greater buying power and PERHAPS have more resources to gain power and infleunce. It's NOT a guarantee or equal conclusion.
Now if you have statistics on HOW they got this higher income level, then that's a discussion.
Just saying someone makes more than the national average doesn't mean they spend it on POWER OR INFLUENCE.

Suggesting that Jewish people are only X amount of the population but makes X% of the wealth, is Nazi Fascist basics.
Just how white supremacists love throwing out the Black people make up X of the population but commit X% of the crimes in America.

These statements frequently leads to "well what should we do about it?"

Last edited:
You still havent answered my original questions. You just given me average income levels of the American jewish population.

You have any statistic on this jewish top level dominancy in "certain industries", or you just pulling talking points from nazi handbooks?

Also what makes it disproportionate? What is the correct/ideal proportion in your opinion?
If you really cared you could do a web search. But I suspect you just wanna argue or have a bone to pick with me for whatever reason. Also look up the definition of disproportionate

Higher income level means you have greater buying power and PERHAPS have more resources to gain power and infleunce. It's NOT a guarantee or equal conclusion.
Now if you have statistics on HOW they got this higher income level, then that's a discussion.
Just saying someone makes more than the national average doesn't mean they spend it on POWER OR INFLUENCE.
ahh okay i get your point, appreciate the explanation

I was just thinking that even having the potential of having extra spending power automatically puts you at an advantage.

These Jewish people are overrepresented talk just seems kinda pointless

Like where does the conversation go from the original claim?

Because if that's all people want to talk about, then the next phase of the conversation is to control for geographic information, since large bulk of them live in major metros

But strangely I never see people be like "Let's pull up census info to drill down on the demographical info"

The next phase always seems to want to talk about how much power they have like it is a social problem that needs inspection.

Even if I have some sympathy for the argument that folk that wants to talk about some subjects without being labeled an antisemite from the jump, I kinda feel that on some level those people are just being useful idiots for white supremacists and they don't even realize it.

If I said black people have a disproportionate amount of success in the NFL and the NBA would anybody call that racist or be outraged? Yall gotta relax

giphy.gif

If I said black people have a disproportionate amount of success in the NFL and the NBA would anybody call that racist or be outraged? Yall gotta relax
I'd have some questions about the intentions of a remark like that. Disproportionate has the connotation of being negative.
It also just seems incredibly pointless if not intended or inadvertently trying to push a negative connotation.

I'd have some questions about the intentions of a remark like that. Disproportionate has the connotation of being negative.
It also just seems incredibly pointless if not intended or inadvertently trying to push a negative connotation.
Ok so how would you feel if I said the sky is blue?

If you really cared you could do a web search. But I suspect you just wanna argue or have a bone to pick with me for whatever reason. Also look up the definition of disproportionate
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.59.17 AM.png

TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL . Hate to assume, but imma guess you meant Jewish have TOO LARGE of a power/influence in "certain industries". So tell me , what industries, and why is it "TOO LARGE". Why would I need to do the research when you are the one who made the claim and I'm just asking for some backup / qualification.

If you said " black people have a disproportionate amount of success in the NFL and the NBA ", I would question why you thought black people has TOO LARGE of a success in the NFL and NBA in comparison to their peers and your intent in the statement? It's as simple as that.

And for you to use "the sky is blue" as a straw man argument. :wow:

What's a more suitable alternative to 'disproportionate'? Overrepresented is the word choice from the Jewish website I sourced

Ok so how would you feel if I said the sky is blue?
Slightly more pointless. I don't think you have any wrong intentions or anything, in case that wasn't clear.
It's just that '(minority) are disproportionately successful' type remarks tend to come off a certain way, and it's not clear to me that there's ever really a point to it.

I feel like that argument eventually leads down to arguing whether it's a bad thing that jews are this or that black people are that.

Black people make up 13% of the population and 75% of the NBA. That's disproportionate
Disproportionate to what ? to the total population of black people in the US or to the other races in the NBA? So it's too much and we should limit that amount based on your original statement of too much success in the NBA?
By your logic then, you saying that jewish people are only a small fraction of the US population, but represented largely in terms of power and influence in certain industries? So what we talking about here? Population size or Spheres of power/influence?

I guess the point is that people were acting like Jewish people didn't have a disproportionate amount of wealth or that saying so was akin to Nazi hate speech and were asking me to provide statistics which I did to show it's simply an objective fact

" Jewish people might have a disproportionate amount of power/influence in certain industries."

Now you want to talk about wealth based on the national average. :lol:

Come on man.

Back
Top Bottom